Does Anyone Really Care About Kayaa's Decision?

Advertisement
He is the first good qb we've had since Dorsey left in '02 (perhaps you could argue Belin in '04), but the conversations are eerily similar. Everyone is anxious to run the very good - great quarterback out the door with the expectations that the backups are even better, only to be left with Kyle Wright and Kirby Freeman. Be very careful what you wish for. The same chimps that were ready to see Dorsey go are the ones that fondly recall his time here years later. It's a shame Canes fans aren't able to appreciate what we have while it's here.

Also, it wouldn't hurt to actually post a 10-win season next year and actually start stacking recruits again, but hey....let's go 7-5 with a new QB. Maybe 2020 will be the year we can post double digit wins and make the ACC Champioship.....

Last edited:
Yes. I think Kaaya won't be really appreciated until after he leaves. That's just do to the ignorance of the fans thinking that be it a freshman QB or one of the current backups will step in and have better success than Kaaya from day one. Unfortunately this will be one those, "I told you so" moments and what's even worse is that I have to sit through these "growing pains" with U! SMH

How do we know someone won't step up and be better next year? Room was superior to Dak until injury. Bledsoe was better than Brady. Winston won a championship as a true freshmen as soon as he got a chance. Nobody knows what we have behind Kaaya until we get a chance to see.

So you've chose two examples that work for your argument when the opposite is true of almost every other case ever. Backups tend to be worse, period. I don't know if Allison will be better (and I hope he is) but I'm pretty sure we will be much much worse with Rosier at QB. So whats to lose from having Kayaa back for another year. It can only help us.

Having said that, i'm not sure he gains much more from being here for himself.

Backups in the NFL are generally worse. Backups in college could possibly always be better than the "vet" QB who starts because he is the veteran.

Be it college or NFL, your argument is based on a QB gaining a promotion to the starter position based on injury and not performance. The fact that the promoted QB held the position long-term proves that game experience proved to be the underling factor for success. Therefore, no injury, no promoted QB. We never hear of them.

Last edited:
He is the first good qb we've had since Dorsey left in '02 (perhaps you could argue Belin in '04), but the conversations are eerily similar. Everyone is anxious to run the very good - great quarterback out the door with the expectations that the backups are even better, only to be left with Kyle Wright and Kirby Freeman. Be very careful what you wish for. The same chimps that were ready to see Dorsey go are the ones that fondly recall his time here years later. It's a shame Canes fans aren't able to appreciate what we have while it's here.

We haven't had a good qb since Dorsey but Brock Jacory and Stephen were all better qbs than Brad Kaaya

We haven't had a good qb since Dorsey but Brock Jacory and Stephen were all better qbs than Brad Kaaya

"Herb Waters is more talented than allen hurns" -@krazycane

Advertisement
Not really no. If he's dumb enough to think he's NFL ready & throw away a shot at a great season then **** em. Just add to his legacy of failure.

The WR drops and sheitty OLine can leave to the NFL. LOL@people bashing Kaaya as if he was the only reason for our ineptitude as a team this year.

Could've sworn in one game he was hit, sacked, or hurried on 30+ of 50+ dropbacks. Something like that. We're better off with Brad next year than without. People expecting Rosier to be like Russell Wilson or Perry to jump in like Watson need to get off that juice.

Also, it wouldn't hurt to actually post a 10-win season next year and actually start stacking recruits again, but hey....let's go 7-5 with a new QB. Maybe 2020 will be the year we can post double digit wins and make the ACC Champioship.....

This makes two assumptions that may or may not be true:

1. Kaaya will improve if he comes back. He made negligible improvement this year. His feet are still bad. His accuracy falls off a cliff when his footwork is rushed. He locks onto his first read. His eyes drop when he sees the rush. He very well could get better in these areas, but he hasn't done it yet.

2. Jack/N'Kosi would cost us games. The nature of college football is that players are constantly replaced. The next could be worse, just as good, or even better. For example, we lost Clive Walford and replaced him with a first-round talent at TE. In this day and age of college football, we see redshirt freshmen QBs have success all the time. ****, Bama is probably about to win a national championship with a true freshman QB.

If Kaaya returns, fine. If he doesn't, I don't think we should go into panic mode. If Jack/N'Kosi are crummy QBs, an extra year of riding the pine won't make much difference. Look at Max Browne at USC. He waited his turn and sucked. The redshirt freshman QB came in and completely turned that team around.

Advertisement
We're not winning a national championship with him as our QB. I guess that means the answer is no, I don't care.

If Kaaya leaves and Allison wins the job does Perry wait his turn or does he transfer?

I think it depends on how Allison plays. If he wins the job and leaves no doubt as the season progresses, then Perry would probably transfer. If Allison plays so-so and leaves the door open, Perry comes back and competes in 2018.

That's kinda how things played out with Lamar Jackson at Louisville. He was the most talented QB last year, but he wasn't ready. He was in and out of the lineup, then finally took over the job late.

Advertisement
Allison was not even productive in high school but I am sure we win't miss a beat with him!

I'd rather Jack/N'Kosi take their lumps next year than in 2018 when we'll be completely loaded everywhere.

this again! next year, wasnt it "05 with Randy then the next year. Come back Brad learn from your mistake, Richt learn from your mistakes and ball out in '17!

If he stays great. If he leaves, whatever. How many people feel this way? I don't think Kaaya staying or going impacts our win lose total next year very much one way or the other.

This might be the dumbest thing that anyone has ever written about football...

Advertisement

Lol. Morris is not better than kaaya. Jacory isnt better either.

Backup quarterback is the most popular player on the team. This year's team wins 4 games, tops with Rosier or Allison at QB. An earlier poster said it best already. Next season, Perry, Rosier and Allison will be here. If one of them is actually better, they'll beat Kaaya for the job.

Not really no. If he's dumb enough to think he's NFL ready & throw away a shot at a great season then **** em. Just add to his legacy of failure.

I agree with your premise. But if he gets drafted in the first 2 rounds, i think he will have made the best "business decision" for himself.

But I also think him leaving implies he's doesn't think his QB coaching is all that strong. Because, IMO, I think it would be pretty easy for Kaaya to jump the board as the top QB in the 2018 draft with improved play for Miami.

If Kaaya is the QB leading Miami to the ACC title, and a New Year's 6 Bowl, you can't tell me he wouldn't go 1st round next year.

If I'm Richt, that's what I'm selling Kaaya, And if he doesn't stay, it means he doesn't like the staff, IMO.

Advertisement
Back