Canes vs LBSU game 2. The quest for hits and runs

It would be nice to be rid of him during the Boston College series, but the teen-troll will undoubtedly return. Too bad Grassy died out. It used to be a great Baseball board.

Advertisement
It would be nice to be rid of him during the Boston College series, but the teen-troll will undoubtedly return. Too bad Grassy died out. It used to be a great Baseball board.

Ugh. Way too many company men on the Grassy board. The guy who claimed to talk to Morris before every game (Originalcane maybe??) was insufferable, as was titan cane and a few others. You couldn't mess with their boy Jim.

If you guys would just put the clown on ignore and not quote him the board would be much more readable. Please consider it.

I have him on ignore and he does disappear when the team is winning. The problem is that when the team minutely falters, he posts incessantly. If the queen could buttress his diatribes with actual figures, it would be more palatable.

His most cogent argument is fire a top-10 coach because he is no longer top 3-to-5. Actually, if Morris beats BC, it would be hard to find 6 coaches right now that are better than him.

Advertisement
UVA and Ole Miss occasionally win regionals. So does Vandy, in case you haven't heard. FAU does nothing, ever.

Ole Miss and FAU have something in common though. Neither of them have never advanced over Miami. FAU is just dealt that hand a lot more.

Ole Miss manages to be a no-doubt host every now and then to avoid that. FAU is just a boring program.

It is definitely time for a change.

This is so stupid it's mind-boggling.

50-17 last year and 48-11 right now.

But we definitely need to change that.

The Wizard said second place trophies are for holding doors open. If we were just about any other team in the nation those records might be welcomed. I think #3 is a **** of a coach, hall of famer. He navigated through some probation years. I think the part you are missing is simple, regular season wins and coastal titles don't mean a whole lot when Omaha isn't involved, and some national titles. I think we need some fresh and innovative ideas. You don't. I think 50-17 are terrific for Louisville and UNC, but at Miami there has to be some titles to go along with Omaha. You don't. You are content with 50-17, winning a regional, winning a super, and getting to Omaha. I want more. There has been some time since our last title (2001) you know. How do you see the 2008 team? They had the ability to be the best Canes team in history, imo, but fell short. They underachieved.

As has been noted, change is a coming.

I think the part you are missing is simple, regular season wins and coastal titles don't mean a whole lot when Omaha isn't involved, and some national titles.

Omaha was involved last year and will probably be involved this year.

You're clueless.

Advertisement
Is it really that irrational to have that opinion?

It's totally irrational to claim that Morris has slipped and McDonnell is great when Miami has been equal with or has out-performed Louisville over the last two seasons.

Honestly I have liked many of your posts. I think you are a quality poster who adds to the board.

What I don't understand is you can't seem to get or understand that Miami's standard is different than Louisville's and many other schools. Id say Mike Martin has had a better career than McDonnell has. (The years make it kinda hard to compare) Right now I want McDowell over the lord of no rings.

The Lakers have a high standard. The Cavs don't have much championship history. In fact I am not sure they have ever won a title. Do you think the Lakers would be happy to be in a conference final or nab finals and come away with no titles? I don't. Would the Lakers have preferred the Cavs season to theirs? Obviously they would. After 2-3 seasons of the Cavs type success they are firing the coach. The Hawks would never fire their hc after 5 seasons of Cavs type success. It is the difference in standards.

What I don't understand is you can't seem to get or understand that Miami's standard is different than Louisville's and many other schools.

Louisville is one of the most well-funded athletic departments in the country in one of the best baseball conferences. Their coach is now one of (if not THE) highest paid coach in the country.

You can't say with a straight face that going 1-2 in Omaha is embarrassing (as Jagr has) and then turn around and defend Louisville losing to Fullerton at home last year in the Super Regional.

Im not defending his bad losses. Im saying that the expectation for Louisville baseball is different than Miami's. Maybe it won't be for much longer, but it is now. So Louisville's bounce in the Supers was bad. Who had a more disappointing season, Louisville or the 2008 Canes?

We are just going to have to agree to disagree here. Miami's standard is gold. And they have had a **** of a program for the past 35ish years. They have had a **** of a program for a long time. If gold is the standard and we haven't had gold for 15 years, Id say we need a change.

You see a great program. A program of excellence. You see a head coach who is big time and big game. You see consistency in a program that is quite frankly unparalleled with few exceptions. You see a couple of over achieving teams the past 15 years, a couple of underachieving. You see the gold standard.

I see all that. I take it one step further, we need to bring home gold. #3 isn't getting it done, not one the gold standard he isn't.

Advertisement
Im saying that the expectation for Louisville baseball is different than Miami's. Maybe it won't be for much longer, but it is now.

And I'm saying that you can't be one of the best teams in one of the best conferences and pay your coach $1 million a year and not have the same standards as Miami.

Sorry. It doesn't work that way.

You're either trying to win championships or you're not.

So Larranaga is a disappointment since you refuse to consider where a program was when a coach took over. Our basketball standard is the same as Duke's.

So Louisville's bounce in the Supers was bad. Who had a more disappointing season, Louisville or the 2008 Canes?

Louisville was the # 3 national seed and set the ACC record for wins in a season and lost at home in the Super Regional.

We got to Omaha and got to the 9th inning of Game 1 with a lead and our closer threw a ball into right field.

We followed the script and it just wasn't in the cards that night. Louisville gagged.

Advertisement
So Larranaga is a disappointment since you refuse to consider where a program was when a coach took over. Our basketball standard is the same as Duke's.

If Larranaga had been to the equivalent of 3 Final Fours, was the highest paid coach in the country and had 1st Round talent and he was getting bounced in the Sweet 16 by a 4-seed then your comparison would have merit.

But it doesn't.

So why doesn't he have first round talent and why isn't he a #1 seed? Either you're trying to win championships or you're not.

Small sample size. Can't judge anyone from one regional.

I didn't judge him from one Regional since I said he was a top 10 coach.

I merely pointed out his very public failure last year and how your standards are different from one elite coach to the next.

Advertisement
Back