Canes vs LBSU game 2. The quest for hits and runs

sniffing them now? Lol

Back-to-back 50-win seasons, national seeds and Omaha trips.

Only to a bozo like you is that not 'sniffing' it.

And we were how close to winning a national championship? Is it enough that we have a good team with no real shot of winning a title? Because whether you want to come out of fantasy land or not we had no shot of winning a title. That is good enough for you. I get it. It isn't good enough for me.

But getting raped by Florida.....twice.....isn't a sign of anything except how random baseball is. Nothing we could do. Dumb luck. We were right on the cusp of winning the whole thing.

But if we beat Virginia Commonwealth, then crown Jim Morris for navigating the rough waters toward Omaha. Nothing random about that.

Advertisement
sniffing them now? Lol

Back-to-back 50-win seasons, national seeds and Omaha trips.

Only to a bozo like you is that not 'sniffing' it.

And we were how close to winning a national championship? Is it enough that we have a good team with no real shot of winning a title? Because whether you want to come out of fantasy land or not we had no shot of winning a title. That is good enough for you. I get it. It isn't good enough for me.

But getting raped by Florida.....twice.....isn't a sign of anything except how random baseball is. Nothing we could do. Dumb luck. We were right on the cusp of winning the whole thing.

But if we beat Virginia Commonwealth, then crown Jim Morris for navigating the rough waters toward Omaha. Nothing random about that.

Dude come on, we did win the Coastal. What more could a Cane fan want?

LOL

They go two years without a playoff, and year three he is fighting for his job. No playoff year 3, year four they have a new coach.

I doubt that very much Nostradamus.

If they did it would just prove how silly and delusional people are.

Last edited:
But Clemson is a team that made the playoff and lost a year ago and they are happy. Dabo S must be a great coach and they expect to win like Bama every year. I mean they pay their coach over a million dollars.

Uh yeah. They were the # 1 team in the country. They should have expected to win.

Advertisement
Is it enough that we have a good team with no real shot of winning a title? Because whether you want to come out of fantasy land or not we had no shot of winning a title.

I don't think we have no chance and you have no reason to say that other than that's what you hope.

I've been right all season while you and Jagr have been faliling.

That is good enough for you. I get it. It isn't good enough for me.

Stop pretending like you're some great protector of the standard.

You are a delusional fanboy who doesn't know anything about this team or this program except that you root for it to lose.

Texas Tech was not "otherworldly" one week before they played us either. The plane ride to Coral Gables must have been quite a magical ride, because an ordinary pitching staff found their groove when they played Jim Morris' bats.

So somehow after playing us they were suddenly able to pitch a shutout in both Super Regional games and give up 7 runs in their last 5 games?

This would make sense to somebody like you.

Comically stupid.

Last edited:
But getting raped by Florida.....twice.....isn't a sign of anything except how random baseball is.

When you play a team three times and out-score and out-hit them and then you play two more and get blown out.

Yeah, that's random.

Somehow you want to give the last two games all the weight and completely ignore the first three.

That's your MO.

Advertisement
lol so now i root for us to lose. I've done no such thing, and it just goes to show you are reaching. its all good, i deal with kids all day long, so I'm onto your game. lol

But getting raped by Florida.....twice.....isn't a sign of anything except how random baseball is.

When you play a team three times and out-score and out-hit them and then you play two more and get blown out.

Yeah, that's random.

Somehow you want to give the last two games all the weight and completely ignore the first three.

That's your MO.

when is the last time we took 2/3 from UF? When was the last time we ended their season?

Advertisement
Texas Tech was not "otherworldly" one week before they played us either. The plane ride to Coral Gables must have been quite a magical ride, because an ordinary pitching staff found their groove when they played Jim Morris' bats.

So somehow after playing us they were suddenly able to pitch a shutout in both Super Regional games and give up 7 runs in their last 5 games?

This would make sense to somebody like you.

Comically stupid.

But the week before they couldn't get Kansas out.

Yeah, that's random.

That's your MO.

Um, I absolutely put all the weight on the last two games. Those were the games which determined how we would finish. You should be ashamed that you just made that post.

We used to make fun of Florida for having that exact same attitude. They would win a game or two in February, and then we would eliminate them in the post-season. Now that the tables have turned, all of the games mean the same?

But thank you for putting it in writing again: the blowout losses to Florida were random. Nothing we could do. Dumb luck. Toss of the coin.

Advertisement
you don't want to pitch your ace game 1 in a tourney three game series. You pitch him game 2 so you give yourself a better chance to win game 2 if you lose the first game or to give your team a better chance to close out the series early

Agree to disagree. You can not lose game one of the supers. Way too important.

i can promise you Dunn isn't going to pitch game one. i want Mediavilla vs. Dunn instead of cabezas or lepore any day

I do agree with you though that we want Motown vs Dunn but I think BC is going to throw Dunn game 1 as well.

because you gotta think about BC if they pitch Dunn game 1 and they win do you think their 2 & 3 are as good as Cabezas or Lepore?? or do you wait to see what happens Game 1 then go and throw Dunn...smart coach holds him til game 2 to close the series early.

I just want to come back to this. Looks like your JV middle school coach was dumb. MoTown will be starting tomorrow night against BC's ace.

Um, I absolutely put all the weight on the last two games. Those were the games which determined how we would finish.

How they finished but not how good those teams were that season.

It was only 2 games in a 60+ games season and only 2 games out of the 5 they played.

This is a concept you've struggled with since day one.

Now that the tables have turned, all of the games mean the same?

All the games do mean the same in determining how good a team is.

The later games obviously mean more in determining who wins a championship.

But those are separate questions.

Again, you struggled with this stuff.

Advertisement
Back