Canes vs LBSU game 2. The quest for hits and runs

98-28 the last two years and we are still playing. If that isn't something to be proud of than I feel bad for you. I'm glad Morris has 2 more years after this and Dimare wil be his replacement. They are obviously doing something right.

I wonder Jagr/Antwan does for a living. I wonder if he works at all because he is on here 24-7. I just hope he is judged by his bosses like he judges Morris. Somehow I doubt he does 50% as well in what he does than what Morris does in running such an elite program as Miami.

Advertisement
I am not going to forage around for it, but you can see the table in Grassy.

On the basis of spending Miami is #13 the last ten years and it was 6th in RPI. This occurred during its purported "worst stretch", mind you. Any quantitative measure you utilize implies a program that is at worst #10 in the country. How can anyone justify firing the 10th best coach in the nation.

Based on tuition, we attract 1/5 of our potential and we remained top-10 during our worst stretch. If one takes 2015 and 2016 into account, then Morris has us back at being a top-5 program.

The 3rd biggest whiner on the board literally showed up when LBS tied the game at 8-8. He barely contributed and now shows up demanding that we fire Morris. amazing

So Larranaga is a disappointment since you refuse to consider where a program was when a coach took over. Our basketball standard is the same as Duke's.

We may aspire to the Duke basketball standard, but we are no where close to having the same expectations year in and out.

Now if you are saying Duke's basketball standard is akin to our baseball standard I agree 100%

Im saying that the expectation for Louisville baseball is different than Miami's. Maybe it won't be for much longer, but it is now.

And I'm saying that you can't be one of the best teams in one of the best conferences and pay your coach $1 million a year and not have the same standards as Miami.

Sorry. It doesn't work that way.

You're either trying to win championships or you're not.

No Louisville doesn't have the same standard/expectation that we do. Im sure Louisville wants to win. They have invested to win. They are doing the things to put them in position possibly. Ask any college baseball fan what school the gold standard is, and it is us. If we get bounced god forbid before Omaha people are up in arms. Well maybe not you. But most Miami fans would be. If Louisville loses before Omaha it gets a yawn. If we get bounced it is big news. I am surprised you think Louisville has the same expectation that Miami does.

Advertisement
If we get bounced god forbid before Omaha people are up in arms. Well maybe not you. But most Miami fans would be.

Don't tell me how I'd feel.

I've made it very clear to people who actually pay attention that anything less than Omaha this year would be a huge failure.

Louisville most certainly doesn't expect to be in Omaha annually any more than we expect to be in the sweet 16 in bb annually. Will it happen from time to time? Sure. It just isn't the expectation.

Louisville most certainly doesn't expect to be in Omaha annually any more than we expect to be in the sweet 16 in bb annually. Will it happen from time to time? Sure. It just isn't the expectation.

Who says they don't expect to be in Omaha annually? Just like BC is a terrible team who didnt deserve to make it into the tourney? They were in it in 2013 and 2014 and made it to the super regionals last year. Why would they pay their coach $1 mil a year, which is unheard of in college baseball if they didnt? Baseball is not basketball where every player is on full scholarship. 96-28 CWS last year, Good chance to make it this year. 2 NC's and just missed a 3rd one? The guy should be here as long as he wants and he is. 2018 will be his last year, he is going out on his own terms which is the way is should be.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Who says they don't expect to be in Omaha annually?

The guy is mental.

Louisville has been a national seed in back-to-back seasons. Top 4 both years in fact. That's the equivalent of a 1-seed in basketball.

But they don't expect to be in the CWS?

Delusional.

Who says they don't expect to be in Omaha annually?

The guy is mental.

Louisville has been a national seed in back-to-back seasons. Top 4 both years in fact. That's the equivalent of a 1-seed in basketball.

But they don't expect to be in the CWS?

Delusional.

The issue is you don't appreciate what Ron Fraser built at Miami. #3 was able to sustain (the gold standard) it for several years after he took over. You probably don't know this, but #3 wasn't right after the wizard, we did have a hiccup. Look it up. #3 has had an amazing career. But he hasn't kept up the gold standard for several years now. We need a new voice in the dugout. Going 15 years between titles would be okay at a place like Louisville, but it is unacceptable in Coral Gables.

Based on your responses with your friends, I can only surmise that you didn't want Larry Coker or Al Golden fired. LOL

But he hasn't kept up the gold standard for several years now. We need a new voice in the dugout. Going 15 years between titles would be okay at a place like Louisville, but it is unacceptable in Coral Gables.

This is 100% fact, and I am shocked that any true Hurricane fan would argue against it. 15 years with no titles, no real threat at winning a title. But it's acceptable because we can name OTHER coaches who haven't won a title.

Louisville loses a home regional = "gagged"
Miami loses a home regional = "caught the wrong team", "small sample size", "tuition hurt recruiting".

But he hasn't kept up the gold standard for several years now. We need a new voice in the dugout. Going 15 years between titles would be okay at a place like Louisville, but it is unacceptable in Coral Gables.

This is 100% fact, and I am shocked that any true Hurricane fan would argue against it. 15 years with no titles, no real threat at winning a title. But it's acceptable because we can name OTHER coaches who haven't won a title.

Miami loses a home regional = "caught the wrong team", "small sample size", "tuition hurt recruiting".

This is what is nuts about all this to me, and correct me if Im wrong.

You think #3 has been a great coach during his time in Coral Gables. You think he is a hall of famer. You think is coaching acumen is up there with the best. But somewhere somehow the prize of national titles was lost, and even if the pope himself were the head coach, you would be saying its time for a change.

That is where I am anyways. I don't hate #3 . I think he is the siht. I just think we need a change. And honestly I can't for the life of me understand how there are 2 people commenting that see it this way. Do I think Bobby Bowden was a hall of fame coach? Yes. Do I think Fsu needed a change? Yes. Did he not do essentially what the wizard did in raising the program to a gold standard? Was Fsu wrong to replace him earlier than JB wanted to go? Do I think Richt is a **** of a coach? Yes! Do I think Uga was right to terminate him? Yes, but only if national titles were their goal. They haven't won since 80. Do I think Duke will fire Cutcliffe if he maintains what he has done there? No. I do think Duke would fire Coach K if the bb team fell to that level. But that is only bc the essence of Duke basketball, Miami baseball, Alabama football demands the gold standard. If Saban over the next 2 years won 10 games and missed the playoffs, he would be coaching for his job. Saban, arguably the best coach in college football coaching for his job in year 3 of back to back 10 win no playoff seasons.

This is the discussion. Not is #3 a good guy or good coach. Dude has proven to be a winner since 94. We need a new voice since we haven't won in 15 years.

Advertisement

This is what is nuts about all this to me, and correct me if Im wrong.

You think #3 has been a great coach during his time in Coral Gables. You think he is a hall of famer. You think is coaching acumen is up there with the best. But somewhere somehow the prize of national titles was lost, and even if the pope himself were the head coach, you would be saying its time for a change.

That is where I am anyways. I don't hate #3 . I think he is the siht. I just think we need a change. And honestly I can't for the life of me understand how there are 2 people commenting that see it this way. Do I think Bobby Bowden was a hall of fame coach? Yes. Do I think Fsu needed a change? Yes. Did he not do essentially what the wizard did in raising the program to a gold standard? Was Fsu wrong to replace him earlier than JB wanted to go? Do I think Richt is a **** of a coach? Yes! Do I think Uga was right to terminate him? Yes, but only if national titles were their goal. They haven't won since 80. Do I think Duke will fire Cutcliffe if he maintains what he has done there? No. I do think Duke would fire Coach K if the bb team fell to that level. But that is only bc the essence of Duke basketball, Miami baseball, Alabama football demands the gold standard. If Saban over the next 2 years won 10 games and missed the playoffs, he would be coaching for his job. Saban, arguably the best coach in college football coaching for his job in year 3 of back to back 10 win no playoff seasons.

This is the discussion. Not is #3 a good guy or good coach. Dude has proven to be a winner since 94. We need a new voice since we haven't won in 15 years.

Obviously the school does share your view, otherwise Dimare his right hand man would not be replacing him and either does the performance on the field the last 2 seasons.

Obviously the school does share your view, otherwise Dimare his right hand man would not be replacing him and either does the performance on the field the last 2 seasons.

The school also didn't share my view on Al Golden until the school shared my view on Al Golden. What a terrible standard.

USC has 12 won national championships and has made the tournament (field of 64) a handful of times since 2000. The past does not predicate the future.

In the past, we had 15-19 full scholarships and we now have 11.7. Louisville has better facilities, more money, horrible admission standards and 1/4 the tuition. They pay their coach 2x more than we do. To say that we HAVE to be better than them is illogical. Either way, Miami under MOrris is still a top-6 program and you do not fire someone at that edge of the normal-curve.

I agree with the other poster and would love to know at what percentile of the income bracket these detractors reside. They obviously do not understand probability nor investments.

Advertisement
You probably don't know this, but #3 wasn't right after the wizard, we did have a hiccup. Look it up.

It keeps getting better.

I know more about Canes baseball history than you (and probably the vast majority of people on this board).

Right now you're in competition with Jagr for biggest bozo on this forum.

But somehow you're going to educate us?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back