Bracketology (updated 2/29)

Advertisement
You guys think we get a #1 seed if we win out and win the championship even with the horrible loss to UNC

I wouldn't call it a horrible loss. Most pollsters and the Committee understand that we just caught them at the worst time, they needed a statement win after an embarrassing loss and we just happened to be up on their schedule. I'd like our chances against them on a neutral court.

You guys think we get a #1 seed if we win out and win the championship even with the horrible loss to UNC

I am still somewhat shocked we didn't get it in 2012-13.

2013 was the only time that the ACC regular season and tourney champion did not get a no.1 seed. The committee decided that that fraud Gonzaga was more deserving. Gonzaga played two top 20 teams all year and lost both games...and had only one top 25 win. But ya know the douple dip in the ACC wasn't worthy over that resume.

Today's big games...

#5 Xavier plays at UNR Seton Hall (Xavier -2)
#8 Iowa plays at UNR OSU (Iowa -4)

---------------------------------------------------------

We know that Iowa already lost to an UNR Wisconsin this week and the last two games in general (both UNR). Iowa should be dropping out of the top 10 regardless of today. We will see...

How good is Xavier if they lose today? Perhaps the Big East shouldn't have (2) top 5 teams?

Villanova has 2 top 50 RPI wins out of conference (#24 St Joes and #5 0 Akron). They already lost to UVA and Oklahoma. Both UVA and OU were ranked behind Villanova to begin with this week. UVA is currently 3rd in the ACC. OU is currently 3rd in the Big 12. Villanova has played 6 games against teams with an RPI above 201.

Xavier also has 2 top 50 RPI wins out of conference (#25 Dayton and #38 USC). Xavier has played 15 games against teams ranked above 101 in RPI with 5 games against teams above 201.

NCAA College Basketball RPI Team Comparison - CBSSports.com

In no way am I saying that Xavier and Villanova are not top 10 teams. I am just saying that these teams are performing incredibly well in conference with little to show out of conference.

You guys think we get a [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 [/URL] seed if we win out and win the championship even with the horrible loss to UNC

2013 was the only time that the ACC regular season and tourney champion did not get a no.1 seed. The committee decided that that fraud Gonzaga was more deserving. Gonzaga played two top 20 teams all year and lost both games...and had only one top 25 win. But ya know the douple dip in the ACC wasn't worthy over that resume.
lol multiple years later and you are still crying about this one. We killed our own shot at a #1 seed in 2013 before the ACC tournament even started.

Advertisement
Today's big games...

We know that Iowa already lost to an UNR Wisconsin this week and the last two games in general (both UNR). Iowa should be dropping out of the top 10 regardless of today. We will see...

How good is Xavier if they lose today? Perhaps the Big East shouldn't have (2) top 5 teams?

Villanova has 2 top 50 RPI wins out of conference (#24 St Joes and #5 0 Akron). They already lost to UVA and Oklahoma. Both UVA and OU were ranked behind Villanova to begin with this week. UVA is currently 3rd in the ACC. OU is currently 3rd in the Big 12. Villanova has played 6 games against teams with an RPI above 201.

Xavier also has 2 top 50 RPI wins out of conference (#25 Dayton and #38 USC). Xavier has played 15 games against teams ranked above 101 in RPI with 5 games against teams above 201.

In no way am I saying that Xavier and Villanova are not top 10 teams. I am just saying that these teams are performing incredibly well in conference with little to show out of conference.

little to show out of conference but Xavier has a top 10 OOC RPI... Its **** like this that makes some of you homers seem so out of touch with basketball across the nation.

little to show out of conference but Xavier has a top 10 OOC RPI... Its **** like this that makes some of you homers seem so out of touch with basketball across the nation.

Hey Kunty, congrats on FSU winning a game. You must feel good. Did it suck to see Miami beat (2) top 11 teams in 1 week?

You left out crying this time. What has changed? Have you loosened the tinfoil? How is the sand in your ******?

Now that we finished our small talk, let's move on. None of your above tangent disproves the actual facts....

As previously stated, Villanova has already LOST to both UVA and OU. I know beating St. Joes and Akron is very impressive, sarcasm. Neither team is ranked in the top 25 Overall. Where are the OOC tests? Oh yeah. They lost to UVA and OU, both ranked 3rd in their respective conferences. Now I am not disputing they played these teams, I am just saying they failed these tests when they played these teams.

Also, as previously stated, Xavier has beaten Dayton and USC. Also beating both these teams is very impressive, sarcasm. Neither will be ranked after this week either. Perhaps Xavier playing 15 games against teams ABOVE 101 RPI helps artificially pumping up a ranking.

As previously stated, when faced with these difficult OOC games they have lost (see Villanova) or haven't been tested (see Xavier). No one is disputing what their OOC RPI (this is your tangent). We're disputing what they have done against the elite teams (hence the top 10 teams) OOC to warrant these rankings.

The best part is your lack of reading comprehension. My post above wasn't Pro-Miami. It was merely a breakdown of two teams.

Last edited:
LunardiTopSeedsUpdated.jpg

This is before today.

What happens if Xavier loses to an unranked team? Not that it matters but Seton Hall is up 19 at the half.

Perhaps it is time to shake things up.

[Per ESPN]

WHY THE BIG EAST STILL HAS DOUBTERS?

The Big East's record against the BPI top 50 is strong, but the league is just 3-11 vs. BPI top 25 non-conference foes.

You guys think we get a [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 [/URL] seed if we win out and win the championship even with the horrible loss to UNC

lol multiple years later and you are still crying about this one. We killed our own shot at a #1 seed in 2013 before the ACC tournament even started.

bull****

Advertisement

Hey Kunty, congrats on FSU winning a game. You must feel good. Did it suck to see Miami beat (2) top 11 teams in 1 week?

You left out crying this time. What has changed? Have you loosened the tinfoil? How is the sand in your ******?

Now that we finished our small talk, let's move on. None of your above tangent disproves the actual facts....

As previously stated, Villanova has already LOST to both UVA and OU. I know beating St. Joes and Akron is very impressive, sarcasm. Neither team is ranked in the top 25 Overall. Where are the OOC tests? Oh yeah. They lost to UVA and OU, both ranked 3rd in their respective conferences. Now I am not disputing they played these teams, I am just saying they failed these tests when they played these teams.

Also, as previously stated, Xavier has beaten Dayton and USC. Also beating both these teams is very impressive, sarcasm. Neither will be ranked after this week either. Perhaps Xavier playing 15 games against teams ABOVE 101 RPI helps artificially pumping up a ranking.

As previously stated, when faced with these difficult OOC games they have lost (see Villanova) or haven't been tested (see Xavier). No one is disputing what their OOC RPI (this is your tangent). We're disputing what they have done against the elite teams (hence the top 10 teams) OOC to warrant these rankings.

The best part is your lack of reading comprehension. My post above wasn't Pro-Miami. It was merely a breakdown of two teams.

So you must do good against elite OOC teams to warrant a high ranking now? Both teams have done very good OOC but for some reason you only care about what they have done against elite teams? I assume you hold every team across the nation to such high standards too.

Your argument against them is simply ridiculous and makes it pretty obvious you are grasping at straws to hate on their resumes. Its pretty easy to see your motives though.

So you must do good against elite OOC teams to warrant a high ranking now? Both teams have done very good OOC but for some reason you only care about what they have done against elite teams? I assume you hold every team across the nation to such high standards too.

Your argument against them is simply ridiculous and makes it pretty obvious you are grasping at straws to hate on their resumes. Its pretty easy to see your motives though.

Hey Kunty,

Did you read my post? I feel you're not at all given by your consistency of irrelevant responses. Seriously, did you remove the sand out of your ******?

Today's big games...

lmao. You sound so butthurt. :officemoon:

Advertisement
Advertisement
How important is seeding (not making a statement, just wondering)? Of course, it has some bearing, but to go all the way (my hope), you still need to defeat all comers anyway. A #1 seed has a somewhat easier path than a #3 or #4 , but still....

Advertisement
Back