Bracketology (updated 2/29)

Lunardi just said during the UVA-UL game that he's dropped Miami to a 3-seed. No complaints here. We can make up for it in the ACC Tourney though.

Advertisement
Lunardi just said during the UVA-UL game that he's dropped Miami to a 3-seed. No complaints here. We can make up for it in the ACC Tourney though.

Sorry, complaint here. He doesn't drop other teams when they lose, but we get dropped. That's bs. We win 3 straight against UVA (top 5 team), UL (top 12 team) and ND on the road in a blowout (top 25 team) and we don't move up, but we lose one road game to the hottest team in the ACC and we drop. Got it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Untitled.webp

Do not want to be in the same bracket as Michigan St. Tom Izzo always has his teams bloodthirsty by March.

Advertisement
View attachment 35837

Do not want to be in the same bracket as Michigan St. Tom Izzo always has his teams bloodthirsty by March.
That, and Chattanooga is a tough 14 seed...I follow the SoCon because I live about an hour away from ETSU (big traditional mid-major rivalry there). Chattanooga had a 29-5 season, goes about 9 deep, and has a bunch of guys that can shoot from deep (and our achilles all year has been guarding the 3), and an athletic long-armed big in SoCon POY Justin Tuoyo (6'10/235). Their go-to scorer is Tre McClain, and he reminds me a lot of younger Sheldon McClellan. They hit their free throws and play really good D.

I'm not scared of those guys and think the Canes can definitely win, however, they're not an "easy out" like some other low seeds in the tourney would likely be. The SoCon is a really good basketball conference, and any team that wins that league, you need to watch out for. Even if Chattanooga doesn't end up being the Canes' first-round matchup, keep an eye on them.

Chattanooga is going to be a 12 or 13. Especially with Monmouth and Valpo being eliminated in their conference tourneys. The auto bids in those conferences will be below Chattanooga.

If we get back to a 2 seed, maybe we'll get a revenge game (revenge for last season) against Green Bay. Green Bay will have to beat Wright State tonight though.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back