Bolden out for the year

I was high on Bolden, and I’ve been very harsh on him. He looked half @$$ed out there. If he’s been playing w/ a torn shoulder, man, now that make sense. U’re going to be hesitant.

However, I’m concerned from a big picture standpoint. U see in my OP “No Excuses”, I mentioned something that could rear its head, the youth movement excuse.

The “Run It Back” hashtag was praised by Manny b/c he felt us being a mature team would get us over the hump. Well, that didn’t go according to plan. But let’s say we finish 7-5, and all our games r close, and it’s b/c of the youngins…w/ two yrs remaining on his contract, Blake not wanting to look like a complete imbecile for making the worst hire in Miami history, and Manny’s lispy spin job….would he be given a pass to come back for another yr?
Just Said in another thread, they’ve been laying the BS excuse narrative of “youth movement and we should be 4-2 instead of 2-4” to bring him back if we continue to win. If we beat Pitt it’s going to progress to “we beat 2 top 25 teams back to back with mostly our young players rallying behind Manny to save his job after our bad start”. 7-5 with wins against 2 top 25 teams saves him and Flake.

Advertisement
All jokes aside.... I honestly think he's been hurt since that Clemson game. Physically and Mentally. I think that was the last time he truthfully gave it his all. I've always said I think he realized that he was one of the few on the team that would put his life on the line and he made a business decision to never do that again for this squad. Regardless, I hope he makes it in the league and balls out because that only helps our reputation.

Makes sense. Anyone who has played the game knows how hard it is to hit and tackle with an upper body injury. At some point the pain just makes you stop. He should have been off the field after Virginia.

At what point does the S&C director David Feebly "shoulder" some of the blame for this many injuries?

He doesn't. If they were non-contact injuries, he'd be responsible but most of the injuries have been off hits.

Advertisement
He doesn't. If they were non-contact injuries, he'd be responsible but most of the injuries have been off hits.

Strength and conditioning coaches are now RESPONSIBLE for non-contact injuries?!!??!! LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

time for 24 annd 15 ...manny might keep his job with the youth movment...the start of the season may Bjust what the doctor ordered...Now finish strong and win the remaining games and and mayb mayb...slow my roll...one game at a time...they could Bblowing smoke up our *** again...i digress for Now

Advertisement
Makes sense. Anyone who has played the game knows how hard it is to hit and tackle with an upper body injury. At some point the pain just makes you stop. He should have been off the field after Virginia.
Agreed on Bubba!

So what’s the excuse for the other 10 dudes missing tackles all of the time?

jon stewart television GIF

Lying Season 4 GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

Manny in save his *** mode after Flake preemptive attack to fire him thinking NC ST was going to win.

So like King, he shouldn’t have been playing but Manny was throwing him out there?
Will be one **** of a redemption arc if he pulls it off.

Advertisement
Advertisement
IMO too many moving parts to this to really say, but I simply do not believe the book is completely written and the ink is dried either way. Just too much football left to play.

Since we're talking strictly hypothetical, there is absolutely a path where we can win the division (I know, please don't shoot me. Just talking). So to answer your question with another scenario, what if this team finishes 8-4 and beats Wake Forest in the ACC Championship game. People really think Manny would be fired???

So to me it's impossible to say that there's anything definitive here. But I would think most of us agree, based off what we've seen for the last few years, that we'll for sure lose another game, if not multiple, and finish somewhere around 6-6. I don't think there's any chance he keeps his job if that happens, no matter how close the games are.
Feel the same, Diaz is the coach until he is actually let go. No such thing as "its a done deal". Thats like a silent commit, fun to talk about and better than nothing but doesn't really mean much.

This has been the hardest season I have ever watched. I cant help but get excited for the guys when they pull of a win like Saturday and then I have to sit in the aftermath and and get ****ed off knowing nothings going to happen for at least another week. It truly is purgatory. Just get this guy out of here so I can fully support the team again and enjoy a victory.

Feel the same, Diaz is the coach until he is actually let go. No such thing as "its a done deal". Thats like a silent commit, fun to talk about and better than nothing but doesn't really mean much.

This has been the hardest season I have ever watched. I cant help but get excited for the guys when they pull of a win like Saturday and then I have to sit in the aftermath and and get ****ed off knowing nothings going to happen for at least another week. It truly is purgatory. Just get this guy out of here so I can fully support the team again and enjoy a victory.

Well, to be fair, it's not like a new coach will be brought in the second he's fired. So you can be excited for the guys without the aftermath feeling, IMO. Whether he's fired today, tomorrow, or next month, we're still all waiting until December/January for a new coach anyway.

Advertisement
Back