Bolden out for the year

Advertisement
Shoulder tear is no joke. Wish him well, being young will work in his favor, a good chance of healing completely. Rehab will be no easy cake.

I was high on Bolden, and I’ve been very harsh on him. He looked half @$$ed out there. If he’s been playing w/ a torn shoulder, man, now that make sense. U’re going to be hesitant.

However, I’m concerned from a big picture standpoint. U see in my OP “No Excuses”, I mentioned something that could rear its head, the youth movement excuse.

The “Run It Back” hashtag was praised by Manny b/c he felt us being a mature team would get us over the hump. Well, that didn’t go according to plan. But let’s say we finish 7-5, and all our games r close, and it’s b/c of the youngins…w/ two yrs remaining on his contract, Blake not wanting to look like a complete imbecile for making the worst hire in Miami history, and Manny’s lispy spin job….would he be given a pass to come back for another yr?

Advertisement
His regression is one of the more mind-boggling things I’ve seen. Him against Louisville and Clemson last season was who I thought he’d be. Ultimately he crashed and burned from there.

Manny is a dumb *** coach but very slick and strategic off the field. Seems every move and decision like this is calculated
Why is it mind-boggling? It's par for the course for players to get worse the long they're here.

I was high on Bolden, and I’ve been very harsh on him. He looked half @$$ed out there. If he’s been playing w/ a torn shoulder, man, now that make sense. U’re going to be hesitant.

However, I’m concerned from a big picture standpoint. U see in my OP “No Excuses”, I mentioned something that could rear its head, the youth movement excuse.

The “Run It Back” hashtag was praised by Manny b/c he felt us being a mature team would get us over the hump. Well, that didn’t go according to plan. But let’s say we finish 7-5, and all our games r close, and it’s b/c of the youngins…w/ two yrs remaining on his contract, Blake not wanting to look like a complete imbecile for making the worst hire in Miami history, and Manny’s lispy spin job….would he be given a pass to come back for another yr?
They'd be playing in front of empty stadiums every week if they brought him back.

IMO too many moving parts to this to really say, but I simply do not believe the book is completely written and the ink is dried either way. Just too much football left to play.

Since we're talking strictly hypothetical, there is absolutely a path where we can win the division (I know, please don't shoot me. Just talking). So to answer your question with another scenario, what if this team finishes 8-4 and beats Wake Forest in the ACC Championship game. People really think Manny would be fired???

So to me it's impossible to say that there's anything definitive here. But I would think most of us agree, based off what we've seen for the last few years, that we'll for sure lose another game, if not multiple, and finish somewhere around 6-6. I don't think there's any chance he keeps his job if that happens, no matter how close the games are.

Advertisement

Would not surprise in the least if both Diaz and Blake get at least a one year reprieve if the team finishes 7-5. Injuries and having to play the youngin’s will be the “excuse”. Diaz bought into the “Run it back” hype and true to form, played the older guys. Now he’s been forced into playing the younger, more talented players and it just might save his ***.

Terrible if true. Should never be trotting out guys with serious injuries. Just sad on the coaches and medical teams part.

(Coming from someone who played a season on a torn up knee back in the day and ended up with knee arthritis in mid 20s.)

Advertisement

But why's he out there then?

There were a lot of plays where it appears he's at 80%. If that's attributed to his effort, then he shouldn't be out there. If that's attributed to injury, then he shouldn't be out there. We don't need to rag on the staff anymore but his PT this year is a headscratcher.

I’m not gonna give Bubba down the road - or any Cane player for that matter - unless they’ve done something egregious. It was probably a mutual decision for Bubba to continue playing between him, Diaz, and the medical staff. Gotta give props to Bubba for trying to stay on the field when he could have easily shut it down.

Last edited:
what draft? Military?
Season 5 Lol GIF by Real Husbands of Hollywood

Advertisement
The real blame is with the coaches and/or medical staff. They did the same thing with King and apparently didn't learn?

But why's he out there then?

There were a lot of plays where it appears he's at 80%. If that's attributed to his effort, then he shouldn't be out there. If that's attributed to injury, then he shouldn't be out there. We don't need to rag on the staff anymore but his PT this year is a headscratcher.
Oh, u gets no argument from me on that, my mans

Last edited:
Yeah, there's no absolving the coaching staff on this one. I'm not sure why people are trying to defend them here.
It’s not even like we’re talking about a broken finger or sprained ankle. The kid reportedly tore his ******* labrum. Any other coach in the country is telling him to prepare for the draft.

At what point does the S&C director David Feebly "shoulder" some of the blame for this many injuries?

Advertisement
Back