Bolden out for the year

Advertisement
Sorry as I just updated my post. Like King, he shouldn’t have been playing but Manny kept throwing him out there? I know this goes on a lot in football as players play hurt all the time.

But Manny shutting him down now. Save his a$$ mode. Using every excuse that he can to not get fired. Young players & injuries the reason why he should get more time, etc.
I am sure Bubba didn't want to hit the bench. Guy came back to play and improve draft status. Likely trying to rehab and get the younger guys ready to takeover. I don't assume he was "forced" to do anything.

OOf, that's a tough injury to play for. AC joint is one thing but torn labrum? ****.

Explains a lot - wonder when he got injured.
UVA.

Just look at Mayfield. It’s on his non throwing shoulder and he still lost some zip.

I am sure Bubba didn't want to hit the bench. Guy came back to play and improve draft status. Likely trying to rehab and get the younger guys ready to takeover. I don't assume he was "forced" to do anything.
Please. Manny at least nudged him. There’s no coach in the world that would look at this safety room and play a senior who came back to improve his stock to play on an injury that would sideline somebody for at least the regular season. Somehow though, it happens here.

Dude what???

Of course you are going to defend Manny. 3 scenarios here:

1) he can play & not hurt it worst per doctor
2) he can play if he can tolerate the pain
3) shoot him up & play him. Need him.

But #3, he’s been bad, coach somehow disregarded that all of the missed tackles could be related to the injury and he kept playing him despite the evidence of play showing he was hurting the team and the player.

There’s a 4th scenario. He tried playing through pain, couldn’t, so he’s having surgery. It happens all the time.

Either way, if you think in today’s football the head coach has any say in medical decisions with players then I don’t know what to tell you.

Advertisement
Whats that trainers name *correction,, that was the surgeon, get them the fvck out too though* thst everyone called the butcher, Scalzo? Get him the fvck out of here too. 2 players that allegedly played through awful injuries and staff either A ) knowingly let them play through it which likely caused even further damage or B ) were unable to diagnose an injury of that severity . Neither seem like endearing options for anyone to send their children to.

Last edited:
Yes, he sat more than ever this last game. He sees the writing on the wall.

But the coach kept playing him hurt despite the injury. That is my problem so of course Bubba is going to bow out now and use the excuse of the injury as he should.

But Bubba played poorly in the 2 games prior to the injury. He was out of position a lot. They won. Good time to bow out.

But why are they moving Isaiah Dunson to safety? We got A Williams back
My guess is for depth. Dunson got roasted multiple times against NC State, did not look like a technique issue, just a speed issue. Perhaps he just does not have the speed to cut it at corner right now and want him as a swing guy.

For Safety we had balom (out for the year); JW plays in the box, basically took Gurvan's spot; Kam; AW and Harrell who I have not seen yet. What happened to K. Washington?

There’s a 4th scenario. He tried playing through pain, couldn’t, so he’s having surgery. It happens all the time.

Either way, if you think in today’s football the head coach has any say in medical decisions with players then I don’t know what to tell you.
They absolutely do. Who do you think clears them to play on such injuries knowing that they have them? Doc just says he can play. Coach puts them back in the rotation.

Advertisement

Your 4th scenario is my #2. If there was a possibility of making everything worst (as in #1) and the evidence of how he has been hurting his play & team, he shouldn’t be playing.

I am using what happened with King as the basis of my argument here.

Yes, he sat more than ever this last game. He sees the writing on the wall.

But the coach kept playing him hurt despite the injury. That is my problem so of course Bubba is going to bow out now and use the excuse of the injury as he should.

But Bubba played poorly in the 2 games prior to the injury. He was out of position a lot. They won. Good time to bow out.
i understand. but it reminded me of something Manny said last week about Bubba being valuable in communication, etc. Now we can clearly see why he said that - probably the sole purpose he was on the field

Advertisement
The doc says he can play.
But it doesn’t mean it’s in his best interest. A coach has every right and every power to sit somebody with an injury cleared or not cleared. He played a senior with a torn labrum with one of the deepest safety rooms in the country. Manny just became a certified dyck in my book.

Whats that trainers name thst everyone called the butcher, Scalzo? Get him the fvck out of here too. 2 players that allegedly played through awful injuries and staff either A ) knowingly let them play through it which likely caused even further damage or B ) were unable to diagnose an injury of that severity . Neither seem like endearing options for anyone to send their children to.
I think that title refers to the surgeon, but plenty have acknowledged that Vinny is way past his time as a trainer.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back