Baseball: Manhattan Series

Advertisement
They're a very good program. Been to Omaha. Been to the Super Regional several times.

But like I said you don't follow the sport.

They went to Omaha once in 2003, so they should be beating the brakes off us at home in 2012. Makes sense.

Super Regional several times? Twice. 2003 and 2015, Hannity.

Missouri State didn't make a regional for nine years before or two years after they rolled us as a #3 seed, but that's not a mark against Jim Morris. If only Gino would have been there to save the day.

Advertisement
No, you just defend every loss for poor ol' Jim Morris and the random variables.

No I think you're just a liar.

You've done it several times now.

You're not smart enough or informed enough to make a case on the facts so you have to make stuff up and lie about what other people said.

I get the frustration, I really do. You love Jim Morris, but his teams can't win anymore. You can't get basic facts straight. You pump up teams like Missouri State while dismissing a legitimate power like Louisville. You can't decide if Jim or Gino is responsible for last year's Omaha trip.

All because of your loyalty to Jim Morris.

Your position is the same sad state of affairs that we have seen in the athletic department for years. If a head coach isn't costing us a fortune at the gate, just leave them alone. Baseball made the postseason? Things must be great. And you don't realize where we could be if we would have had some foresight around 2011.

Advertisement
And you don't realize where we could be if we would have had some foresight around 2011.

They actually did have foresight at that time.

They fired Joe Mercadante and brought back Gino DiMare. And now we're back as a national seed and back in Omaha.

You just don't know any of this since you don't follow the team.

In the last two calendar years this team has won 75.2% of it's games and yet you're here whining about stuff from 5 years ago and ignoring what's happening right in front of your face.

What hasn't been fixed? What hasn't been addressed?

And you don't realize where we could be if we would have had some foresight around 2011.

They actually did have foresight at that time.

They fired Joe Mercadante and brought back Gino DiMare. And now we're back as a national seed and back in Omaha.

You just don't know any of this since you don't follow the team.

In the last two calendar years this team has won 75.2% of it's games and yet you're here whining about stuff from 5 years ago and ignoring what's happening right in front of your face.

What hasn't been fixed? What hasn't been addressed?

I love how you make it sound as though we re-established ourselves among the nation's elite just because we finally got one national seed again.

What hasn't been fixed? A pansy pitching philosophy. There are ELITE arms all over the country. Literally. At colleges in every state. But we continue to be the home of the soft tossing lefty that gets destroyed by good teams. No, we're not going to face Columbia in the regional final on the path to Omaha every year.

What hasn't been addressed? Erratic, unclutch hitting. Bad strikeouts in bad situations. Poor baserunning. All of that has taken a step back from the late 90's/ early 2000's.

We are a perennial #15- #25 team at this point in history. And that's where we will end up this year. Mark it.

Jim Morris is Bobby Bowden. To compound the problem, instead of a Jimbo Fisher as the HC in waiting, it's like we got stuck with Mickey Andrews instead.

I love how you make it sound as though we re-established ourselves among the nation's elite just because we finally got one national seed again.

In the last two years we've won the ACC Coastal Division (2014 & 2015), won the ACC Regular Season (2014) and gone to the College World Series (2015).

All things that were whined about previously.

That's the problem with people like you. You are constantly moving the goalposts because being right is way more important to you than anything else.

If winning the ACC, back-to-back Coast Divisions and getting to the College World Series isn't elite then you have an impossible standard. If guess you need to see 5 straight years of if before you stop whining.

My guess is you'll never be satisfied.

Advertisement
Jim Morris is Bobby Bowden. To compound the problem, instead of a Jimbo Fisher as the HC in waiting, it's like we got stuck with Mickey Andrews instead.
Same thing I said in the UF thread.

As you're watching the series this weekend, it's important to remember Florida is the best in the country. We have maybe three players who would start for them- including pitchers.

I still want to beat the **** out of them, but hopefully understanding no matter what happens in this series we can still accomplish the goals of the CWS, ACC without winning the series.

A win makes it all the more likely- of course.

And whose fault is it that Miami has no business beating Florida? In case you missed the past 40 years, we used to be pretty good. Now we're going into the Florida series expecting to lose and just hoping to do well in the ACC.

Many of us saw this five years ago. But instead of being proactive and landing an up and comer like Mark Kingston, we actually extended the mastermind behind this clown show and have already determined that the next coach will be that guy's right hand man.

Sounds like we have the Bobby Bowden of CBB. And isn't the "HCIW" a bot's son? So there's that on that situation.

In the last two years we've won the ACC Coastal Division (2014 & 2015), won the ACC Regular Season (2014) and gone to the College World Series (2015).

All things that were whined about previously.

That's the problem with people like you. You are constantly moving the goalposts because being right is way more important to you than anything else.

If winning the ACC, back-to-back Coast Divisions and getting to the College World Series isn't elite then you have an impossible standard. If guess you need to see 5 straight years of if before you stop whining.

My guess is you'll never be satisfied.

We won the Coastal. Thanks for proving my point about you. The big selling point is that we won a division that had 5 of 7 teams finish below .500 in the conference. That's where we are as an athletic department.

What hasn't been fixed? A pansy pitching philosophy. There are ELITE arms all over the country. Literally. At colleges in every state. But we continue to be the home of the soft tossing lefty that gets destroyed by good teams.

This is where you out yourself as somebody who doesn't follow the program.

We've won national championships and gone on some of the greatest runs in college baseball history with soft-throwing lefties. The winningest pitcher in school history (J.D. Arteaga) is a soft-throwing lefty. The winnnigest pitcher on our last championship team (Brian Walker) was a soft-throwing lefty.

You just want to win the championship every year. Stop pretending like you're really concerned with the process of getting there. If we had won it last year you wouldn't have been complaining about Thomas Woodrey being one of the starters.

Advertisement
What hasn't been addressed? Erratic, unclutch hitting. Bad strikeouts in bad situations. Poor baserunning. All of that has taken a step back from the late 90's/ early 2000's.

Clutch is a myth. Baseball is about playing the percentages.

Last year we were 2nd in OBP, 7th in BA and 13th in SLG.

So basically one of the best offenses in the country.

Jim Morris is Bobby Bowden.

It's good to see that nothing changes. You were making the same stupid argument 5 years ago.

Bobby Bowden was 83 years old when he retired. He clearly wasn't involved in any decision-making for years before he left. Jim Morris is 66 and will retire in 2 years. He's clearly still in charge.

To compound the problem, instead of a Jimbo Fisher as the HC in waiting, it's like we got stuck with Mickey Andrews instead.

The blind hatred for Gino DiMare is one of the strangest things I've encountered on these message boards. It must be because he has a better-looking wife than you do. It can't be because of his performance.

In his 13 years as Assistant Head Coach we've averaged 43 wins and reached 9 Super Regionals and 6 College World Series.

But somehow he's viewed as a bad coach who will surely destroy the program.

You people have never dealt in facts before but this is bad even and for you.

Advertisement
Back