Baseball: Manhattan Series

You think I'm favor of lifetime 'rocking chairs' because I think a 66 year old coach who has won 71% of his games is entitled to 2 more seasons.

As I said before you're delusional.

Yes, especially as you continue to pretend like the six years didn't exist right before the Omaha gift of 2015. Dude is COASTING.

Advertisement
And with all of that, Kevin O'Sullivan's baseball program is better than Miami's.

And if Miami had Florida's track record since 2008 you'd be killing Morris for his failures. We won 50 games and went to Omaha last year and you've called the team soft and embarrassing.

O'Sullivan has gone 0-2 BBQ six times in 8 seasons. Has failed to reach Omaha as a national seed twice. Is 0-4 in attempts to win a College World Series.

None of these things are even worth a single cross word from you. In fact you love the guy.

Yet Jim Morris has a 50-win season and a CWS appearance and it elicits 'soft' and 'embarrassing' as labels.

If Miami had Florida's track record since 2008 we would be better than we are now. Florida is better now and has been since O'Sullivan got there.

No matter how many "failures" you list, Kevin O'Sullivan has outperformed Jim Morris. Keep fighting the good fight, keep standing up for the man who brought you so many great memories 15 years ago. But quit looking silly while doing it. Admit that Kevin O'Sullivan owns him. It's Mike Tyson vs. Marvis Frazier.

Yes, especially as you continue to pretend like the six years didn't exist right before the Omaha gift of 2015. Dude is COASTING.

I never pretended they didn't happen. I understood that the issues had to be addressed and they were.

But there you go again.

Claiming that we got a gift because we didn't play East Carolina (who lost to FIU and Columbia) and Oregon State/Dallas Baptist (who lost to Virginia Commonwealth).

Your delusions are almost pathological.

Do you guy (s) coordinate when you're going to stop yelling at each other, and then when the love fest is going to resume?

Advertisement
Do you guy (s) coordinate when you're going to stop yelling at each other, and then when the love fest is going to resume?

Lots of options here. Put one or both of us on ignore. Stop opening this thread. Quit pretending like you are interested in baseball. Any one of those would save you some misery.

If Miami had Florida's track record since 2008 we would be better than we are now.

That doesn't address my claim. You know deep down that I'm right. You praise O'Sullivan for things you'd be killing Morris for. Just admit it.

Wait, why would I be interested in addressing your claim? Means nothing to me.

The fact is that Kevin O'Sullivan is a phenomenal coach and we should have been looking for someone similar to take over this program after 2011.

I never pretended they didn't happen. I understood that the issues had to be addressed and they were.

But there you go again.

Claiming that we got a gift because we didn't play East Carolina (who lost to FIU and Columbia) and Oregon State/Dallas Baptist (who lost to Virginia Commonwealth).

Your delusions are almost pathological.

East Carolina, Oregon State, and Dallas Baptist were all better teams would would have at least put up a fight against Miami. Please tell me that you didn't all of a sudden forget about small sample sizes after all of that preaching about "anything can happen in two games".

We got a gift.

Florida is better now and has been since O'Sullivan got there.

Miami: 352-163 (.683%) 2 CWS appearances (2-4)
Florida: 361-174 (.675%) 4 CWS appearances (6-8)

Not that much better really.

This is what's so funny. You're busy creaming yourself over this guy and they haven't even been that much better than us. You're just emotionally fragile so the fact they they've won the season series in 5 of the 8 years since O'Sullivan arrived makes you unstable.

Advertisement
Wait, why would I be interested in addressing your claim? Means nothing to me.

I know you're not interested because it smashes your narrative into a thousand pieces.

You wouldn't be impressed if Jim Morris accomplished the same things that O'Sullivan has. Your entire premise is disingenuous.

Lots of options here. Put one or both of us on ignore. Stop opening this thread. Quit pretending like you are interested in baseball. Any one of those would save you some misery.

What would be the fun in that? Any of that?

The fact is that Kevin O'Sullivan is a phenomenal coach and we should have been looking for someone similar to take over this program after 2011.

And this brings us back to your incredibly stupid comment from earlier. That if we would have fired Morris in 2011 we could have (and WOULD have) found someone like O'Sullivan.

Why?

Just because a message board poster said so.

Our stupid fan base does this all the time. They assume that a firing will inevitably lead to better results. But a new coach can produce better results. Or same results. Or worse results.

There's no guarantee that anything would have gotten better. In fact by firing one of the best coaches in the business you're probably a lot less likely than 50/50 to get someone better.

Florida is better now and has been since O'Sullivan got there.

Miami: 352-163 (.683%) 2 CWS appearances (2-4)
Florida: 361-174 (.675%) 4 CWS appearances (6-8)

Not that much better really.

This is what's so funny. You're busy creaming yourself over this guy and they haven't even been that much better than us. You're just emotionally fragile so the fact they they've won the season series in 5 of the 8 years since O'Sullivan arrived makes you unstable.

It's all in how you present the numbers, Hannity. The last time we advanced deeper than Florida was 2008.

The one year you have to celebrate over Florida is Sully's first year as a head coach when he took over a program that missed the regionals the previous two years. That is the one year Morris was better than Sully. It took Sully exactly one season as a head coach to make his program better than Miami's for the next eight years (and counting).

Advertisement

And this brings us back to your incredibly stupid comment from earlier. That if we would have fired Morris in 2011 we could have (and WOULD have) found someone like O'Sullivan.

Why?

Just because a message board poster said so.

Our stupid fan base does this all the time. They assume that a firing will inevitably lead to better results. But a new coach can produce better results. Or same results. Or worse results.

There's no guarantee that anything would have gotten better. In fact by firing one of the best coaches in the business you're probably a lot less likely than 50/50 to get someone better.

You are correct, there is no guarantee that a new guy would have done better. What we do know with absolute certainty is that 2012, 2013, and 2014 saw miserable results with the guy who we decided to keep.

Please tell me that you didn't all of a sudden forget about small sample sizes after all of that preaching about "anything can happen in two games".

That's precisely why missing those teams wasn't a gift.

In a small sample size we're just as likely to fall victim to the 'hot' team than the 'better' team.

Virginia Commonwealth could have been on a Fresno State type run. There's no way of knowing who's on tilt until the games are played.

Advertisement
Please tell me that you didn't all of a sudden forget about small sample sizes after all of that preaching about "anything can happen in two games".

That's precisely why missing those teams wasn't a gift.

In a small sample size we're just as likely to fall victim to the 'hot' team than the 'better' team.

Virginia Commonwealth could have been on a Fresno State type run. There's no way of knowing who's on tilt until the games are played.

So we don't care if UNC-Asheville knocks off Villanova. No difference in the opponent whatsoever. If they're hot, they're the same team as Villanova.

Advertisement
Back