Baseball: Manhattan Series

We won the Coastal. Thanks for proving my point about you. The big selling point is that we won a division that had 5 of 7 teams finish below .500 in the conference. That's where we are as an athletic department.

In 2014 we won the whole league. The second best in the country that year.

Last year we won the Coastal Division by 7 games. And over whom? The team that won the national championship.

When we don't win the Coastal the reaction is: "We can't win the Coastal!"

When we do win it (back-to-back in fact) the reaction is: "It doesn't matter!"

Advertisement
That's where we are as an athletic department.

Yeah. We're in such a bad place that we've only won our Division in back-to-back seasons over a team that reached the CWS Championship Series both years.

Over the last 2 years and one weekend our team is 9 games clear of the defending national champions.

We're terrible.

We won the Coastal. Thanks for proving my point about you. The big selling point is that we won a division that had 5 of 7 teams finish below .500 in the conference. That's where we are as an athletic department.

In 2014 we won the whole league. The second best in the country that year.

Last year we won the Coastal Division by 7 games. And over whom? The team that won the national championship.

When we don't win the Coastal the reaction is: "We can't win the Coastal!"

When do do win it (back-to-back in fact) the reaction is: "It doesn't matter!"

No one cares about "winning the Coastal" in baseball. You're confusing this with football, where winning the Coastal is a very important thing. "Winning the Coastal" means we get the #1 or #2 seed in the least meaningful week of the year.

No, it doesn't matter. College baseball is all about late May and early June. That ACC regular season championship means absolutely nothing when you can't get out of your own home regional. I've never seen anyone complain about our regular season ACC finish. It's the regional disasters that has people concerned.

That's where we are as an athletic department.

Yeah. We're in such a bad place that we've only won our Division in back-to-back seasons over a team that reached the CWS Championship Series both years.

Over the last 2 years and one weekend our team is 9 games clear of the defending national champions.

We're terrible.

Thank you for telling all of the new college baseball fans how meaningless the regular season is.

Advertisement
Thank you for telling all of the new college baseball fans how meaningless the regular season is.

You say this while whining about losing to Florida, Florida State and Louisville in the regular season.

You just can't stick to one whining point. You're all over the place. You're either moving the goalposts or completely fabricating lies to sell your agenda.

You say this while whining about losing to Florida, Florida State and Louisville in the regular season.

You just can't stick to one whining point. You're all over the place. You're either moving the goalposts or completely fabricating lies to sell your agenda.

Losing those games exposes our weaknesses and shows that we're going to get hammered in a regional. Winning those games means we have a fighting chance at a host and/or national seed. But winning in the regular season is nothing to hang your hat on when the postseason is a regular debacle.

No one cares about "winning the Coastal" in baseball.

But if we didn't win it you'd care.

Since we do you completely dismiss it.

Typical.

No, I wouldn't. There is nothing special about winning the f'ing Coastal in baseball. You can turn it on in the postseason without winning a division. We, though, are the opposite. Paper champions in the regular season, then we just happen to run into a hot team like Missouri State for 14 straight years.

Losing those games exposes our weaknesses and shows that we're going to get hammered in a regional. Winning those games means we have a fighting chance at a host and/or national seed.

But we lost the series to all three of those teams last year and we didn't get hammered in our regional and we did host and we did get a national seed.

Nothing you say has any relationship with reality.

Advertisement
You can turn it on in the postseason without winning a division. We, though, are the opposite. Paper champions in the regular season, then we just happen to run into a hot team like Missouri State for 14 straight years.

So 'turning it on' only occurs when a team wins the whole thing. That helps in understanding the issues you're having in this thread.

We've won the Coastal Division three times since it's inception. Twice we went to Omaha. But of course the one time we didn't caused you emotional stress and so we're 'paper champions.'

We're also 6 for 6 in getting to Omaha as a national seed since the format began in 1999. Your boy O'Sullivan has already failed twice as a national seed.

Jim Morris is Bobby Bowden. To compound the problem, instead of a Jimbo Fisher as the HC in waiting, it's like we got stuck with Mickey Andrews instead.

Why would you interrupt a perfectly horrible ****show with a post of your own?

Jim Morris is Bobby Bowden. To compound the problem, instead of a Jimbo Fisher as the HC in waiting, it's like we got stuck with Mickey Andrews instead.

Why would you interrupt a perfectly horrible ****show with a post of your own?

I feel as though my posting style fits well in a **** show environment.

Don't get me wrong, I agree, but I think they were going for some sort of record with their love fest of back and fort posts.

Advertisement
You can turn it on in the postseason without winning a division. We, though, are the opposite. Paper champions in the regular season, then we just happen to run into a hot team like Missouri State for 14 straight years.

So 'turning it on' only occurs when a team wins the whole thing. That helps in understanding the issues you're having in this thread.

We've won the Coastal Division three times since it's inception. Twice we went to Omaha. But of course the one time we didn't caused you emotional stress and so we're 'paper champions.'

We're also 6 for 6 in getting to Omaha as a national seed since the format began in 1999. Your boy O'Sullivan has already failed twice as a national seed.

"My boy" O'Sullivan has a better program than Miami, and that's all I care about. But you go on raising those banners for "winning the Coastal".

"My boy" O'Sullivan has a better program than Miami, and that's all I care about. But you go on raising those banners for "winning the Coastal".

You care about winning at the College World Series but only when it assists you in attacking our program.

O'Sullivan has a losing record in Omaha (6-8) and is 0'fer in 4 attempts to actually win a championship. He had a losing record in 2013 (29-30) and followed it up with a national seed and an 0-2 BBQ at a home regional in 2014.

You're a typical whiner who latches on to another program (or coach) but would be attacking that team (or coach) if the shoe was on the other foot.

You care about winning at the College World Series but only when it assists you in attacking our program.

O'Sullivan has a losing record in Omaha (6-8) and is 0'fer in 4 attempts to actually win a championship. He had a losing record in 2013 (29-30) and followed it up with a national seed and an 0-2 BBQ at a home regional in 2014.

You're a typical whiner who latches on to another program (or coach) but would be attacking that team (or coach) if the shoe was on the other foot.

And with all of that, Kevin O'Sullivan's baseball program is better than Miami's. I'm guessing that is a tough pill to swallow. O'Sullivan is 48 and in his first decade as a head coach and he has his program in the World Series on a regular basis. During the time period that Sully is 6-8 in the CWS, Jim Morris is 2-4 in the CWS despite having a monumental head start.

Essentially, you're in favor of lifetime rocking chairs for coaches who win championships. That's fine, as long as you are realistic about where the program is going to end up. Just spare us the nonsense about winning the division and having to face a tough Missouri State team at home. That is a pathetic representation of a once proud program.

Advertisement
And with all of that, Kevin O'Sullivan's baseball program is better than Miami's.

And if Miami had Florida's track record since 2008 you'd be killing Morris for his failures. We won 50 games and went to Omaha last year and you've called the team soft and embarrassing.

O'Sullivan has gone 0-2 BBQ six times in 8 seasons. Has failed to reach Omaha as a national seed twice. Is 0-4 in attempts to win a College World Series.

None of these things are even worth a single cross word from you. In fact you love the guy.

Yet Jim Morris has a 50-win season and a CWS appearance and it elicits 'soft' and 'embarrassing' as labels.

Just spare us the nonsense about winning the division and having to face a tough Missouri State team at home. That is a pathetic representation of a once proud program.

I didn't say that Missouri State had a tough team.

You did however insinuate that we were lucky to avoid East Carolina, Dallas Baptist and Oregon State. Teams that LOST to Columbia and Virginia Commonwealth.

You're incapable of telling the truth.

My posting on canestime stopped because that board is dead. It had nothing to do with the Canes getting "really good again" (they are??).

As usual you're lying and my recollection is correct.

http://www.scout.com/college/miami/forums/userprofile/tcgrad1014

Image 1.webp

Miami's record on March 25, 2014 was 13-12 (5-4). As you can see tcgrad posted on March 26, 2014. Then immediately after that Miami won 14 in a row and 28 of the next 30 games.

No sign of tcgrad.

Miami closed out the season on a 31-7 run and finished 44-19. The final game was a loss to Texas Tech on June 2, 2014.

Then on June 8th......there goes tcgrad! He's back! He then proceeded to whine about the state of Miami baseball until June 26th. In 2015 Miami won 50 games and went to the College World Series.

He never posted again.

Advertisement
Back