Baseball: Manhattan Series

So it was variables and dumb luck when we went to the CWS 9 out of 11 times, or was that the leadership of Jim Morris? Why would all of these numerous variables show up in the post-season all of a sudden?

I didn't say that it did show up all of the sudden.

I said that when we failed to reach Omaha we weren't better than the teams that eliminated us.

You're throwing out one off results and claiming that no great coach would have such results. That's really stupid. Like otherworldly stupid.

Advertisement
If you knew baseball, you would have seen that we were terrible at the plate and we haven't had top tier pitching. Those are under the control of the head coach. They aren't random occurrences that were just unlucky. We were not good.

We were terrible at the plate for like 3 seasons (2011-13).

Our pitching has been really good for several years running now.

Those bad lineups and pitching staffs were the result of bad recruiting mostly and some bad instruction as well. Those things were fixed in 2012. Anybody who follows recruiting or follows the program would know this.

Just like Florida, the one that owns us with the coach whose record against UM you won't post.

I'll post the record. I don't care. I don't think it's that important. We struggled in stretches to beat Andy Lopez. Nobody remembers though because we got to Omaha.

But now you bring up the head-to-head because I've thoroughly embarrassed you on all other counts. You also need me to post it because you're either to lazy or incompetent to do it yourself.

Or maybe you're just so averse to facts that you just can't do it.

Jim Morris is 11-24 against Kevin O'Sullivan.

He also had a losing record against Andy Lopez until his last year in 2001 when he went 4-0 against a weak Florida team.

Advertisement
I've thoroughly embarrassed you on all other counts.

Wait, what? Are some of your posts not showing up? You continually defend a guy who hasn't accomplished squat in a decade and a half while admitting that all you care about is keeping the post-season streak going.

March 2016 sign up date = troll.

We weren't awful from 2009-2013?

Absolutely not.

We probably would have been in the CWS if we had played anybody else in the Super Regional. Match-ups matter. We were awful at the end of 2012 but every team that eliminated us (either in Regional or Super) went to Omaha.

2009 - Florida did not go to Omaha.
2012 - Missouri State did not go to Omaha.
2013 - Oklahoma State did not go to Omaha.

Strong post.

1. Blasts someone over facts.
2. Scores 40% on his own use of facts.
3. Calls it a night.

Greater men than you have tried and failed, Mr. Zuckerberg.

Advertisement
Wait, what? Are some of your posts not showing up?

No they're there.

You just ignore them because they're inconvenient.

Like when you claimed that nobody in modern history had missed playing a # 1 or # 2 seed before Omaha. Except it was done two whole years ago by TCU. It was also done by Rice in 2003.

Or when you claimed that we were 0-5 in CWS elimination games since 2001. Except that we're actually 3-5. When confronted with this fact you said you meant we were 0-5 in games that eliminated us. So you were criticizing a team for something that no team in the history of college baseball was even capable of doing.

You continually defend a guy who hasn't accomplished squat in a decade and a half while admitting that all you care about is keeping the post-season streak going.

I never said that all I care about was keeping the streak alive.

That's just a lie that you made up out of thin air.

Absolutely not.

We probably would have been in the CWS if we had played anybody else in the Super Regional. Match-ups matter. We were awful at the end of 2012 but every team that eliminated us (either in Regional or Super) went to Omaha.

Strong post.

You're right about 2009 but every team that won our regional (or super) went to Omaha.

2010: Florida
2011: Florida
2012: Stony Brook
2013: Louisville

Advertisement
3. Calls it a night.

I corrected what I said when it was presented. I have no problem admitting so.

You on the other had have lied repeatedly and/or just made stuff up.

You still haven't addressed the falsehood that was the basic premise of your whining about last year. That Miami was the only team in modern history to avoid a # 1 or # 2 seed.

You want so badly for us to lose and for you to be right that you'll even make up facts in order to support yourself.

Absolutely not.

Strong post.

You're right about 2009 but every team that won our regional (or super) went to Omaha.

2010: Florida
2011: Florida
2012: Stony Brook
2013: Louisville

Nicely done, MSNBC. We lose to some ******* school like Missouri State, but we really had a good team since another team from our regional went to Omaha.

Be careful with your "facts" from now on, please.

Nicely done, MSNBC. We lose to some ******* school like Missouri State, but we really had a good team since another team from our regional went to Omaha.

Missouri State is not a ******* team but you don't follow the sport so I don't expect you to know.

Advertisement
3. Calls it a night.

I corrected what I said when it was presented. I have no problem admitting so.

You on the other had have lied repeatedly and/or just made stuff up.

You still haven't addressed the falsehood that was the basic premise of your whining about last year. That Miami was the only team in modern history to avoid a # 1 or # 2 seed.

You want so badly for us to lose and for you to be right that you'll even make up facts in order to support yourself.

Last year doesn't matter. We're focused on now and the next 7 years. Unless, of course, we need to defend Gino or analyze Louisville, then it's okay to go as far back as necessary.

Missouri State. LMAO.

Last year doesn't matter. We're focused on now and the next 7 years. Unless, of course, we need to defend Gino or analyze Louisville, then it's okay to go as far back as necessary.

Missouri State. LMAO.

You just can't do it.

Your lies are so important to you that you won't even address them when they're proven to be complete fabrications.

Missouri State is not a ******* team but you don't follow the sport so I don't expect you to know.

True, they were in second place in the vaunted Missouri Valley Conference behind perennial power Indiana State, and they were a three seed playing in Coral Gables, but it's perfectly understandable that we would lose to them 12-2.

Another one of those bad luck days with random variables.

True, they were in second place in the vaunted Missouri Valley Conference behind perennial power Indiana State, and they were a three seed playing in Coral Gables, but it's perfectly understandable that we would lose to them 12-2.

Another one of those bad luck days with random variables.

They're a very good program. Been to Omaha. Been to the Super Regional several times.

But like I said you don't follow the sport.

Advertisement
Back