Baseball: Manhattan Series

Still wondering why it's okay to get obliterated by a great team twice if every indication is that we were also a great team. Remind me, who is setting the tone for the program and not working with players every day?

And this is being said by somebody who claims to have coached baseball but he can't seem to understand how a team (even a great one) can lose two games in 3 days.

If you can't even understand the fundamentals of the sport then why are you here debating this stuff?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Also nothing of substance. Thanks for the post anyway, Rubio.

I've been posting nothing but facts in this thread that have embarrassed you.

You're just incapable of feeling any shame.

You post one lie and then when corrected you just ignore it, shake it off and move on to your next lie.

The only facts that matter are the ones that show that we have become an above average baseball program and nothing more. This season will prove to be no different.

Speaking of facts.......Sully's record vs. Morris? Haven't had time to run that yet?

Wait.......what does last year have to do with anything? You're only focused on now and the next 7 years, right?

I'm trying to figure out on what authority you say that Louisville will do what they want to us?

It can't be because of last year when we were better than them and went to the CWS.

It must just be wishful thinking on your part.

Still wondering why it's okay to get obliterated by a great team twice if every indication is that we were also a great team. Remind me, who is setting the tone for the program and not working with players every day?

And this is being said by somebody who claims to have coached baseball but he can't seem to understand how a team (even a great one) can lost two games in 3 days.

If you can't even understand the fundamentals of the sport then why are you here debating this stuff?

A great coach doesn't manage to lose two games in three days for 14 straight years at a program that has every natural advantage imaginable while he's making seven figures.

I know....."Ur dum".

Wait.......what does last year have to do with anything? You're only focused on now and the next 7 years, right?

I'm trying to figure out on what authority you say that Louisville will do what they want to us?

It can't be because of last year when we were better than them and went to the CWS.

It must just be wishful thinking on your part.

Right, it can't be because of last year because we're only focused on now and the future. Your words. Don't run from them. Last year won't save us against Louisville.

Advertisement
"Jim Morris is great and does not deserve to be fired. He sets the tone for the program."

Hey, why were we so awful from 2009-2013?

We were not awful from 2009-2013.

But when you think that a 50-win # 1 RPI team isn't great or that they embarrassed themselves you're not capable of reasonable analysis.

Then it shouldn't be used to say that we were a great team. You need to pick one side or the other.

No. You shouldn't be debating this.

The RPI measures the season. 60+ games. The postseason is a small, meaningless sample size. Anything can happen in short sprints.

I'm not going back and forth. You just don't know about any of this stuff. You are truly one of the most ignorant people I've ever confronted on this topic.

What's more is that you claim to have coached and know about the RPI.

Talk about embarrassing.

I know casual fans who know more about the game and the RPI than you do.

I take that as a compliment.

"We were great."

Why did Florida destroy us?

"They were great."

And you say you follow college baseball?

Once again your logic is so silly.

So you're saying that a great team can't beat another great team handily?

That's absolutely what you're saying.

That's really stupid.

"Jim Morris is great and does not deserve to be fired. He sets the tone for the program."

Hey, why were we so awful from 2009-2013?

We were not awful from 2009-2013.

But when you think that a 50-win # 1 RPI team isn't great or that they embarrassed themselves you're not capable of reasonable analysis.

We weren't awful from 2009-2013?

That explains everything. You're on the "keep the post-season streak going" train. If we get called on Selection Day, all is good.

I thought we were arguing whether or not Miami was still a championship-caliber program. If I knew that wasn't your goal I would have avoided this days ago. My fault.

Now that I know.......I agree with you that we will most likely make the post-season this year. 44 straight baybee!!!!!

Advertisement
The only facts that matter are the ones that show that we have become an above average baseball program and nothing more. This season will prove to be no different.

The facts that matter have been posted and you've been outed as a liar, fraud or ignoramus.

I take that as a compliment.

"We were great."

Why did Florida destroy us?

"They were great."

And you say you follow college baseball?

Once again your logic is so silly.

So you're saying that a great team can't beat another great team handily?

That's absolutely what you're saying.

That's really stupid.

Of course it can happen. What are the odds that it happens for 14 straight years with a "great" coach?

Nevermind. We're in the 2016 post-season.

The facts that matter have been posted and you've been outed as a liar, fraud or ignoramus.

Except that you tried to discredit Sully with stats. When asked how he has fared against Miami, all of a sudden it doesn't matter. That's funny.

A great coach doesn't manage to lose two games in three days for 14 straight years at a program that has every natural advantage imaginable while he's making seven figures.

This is just so stupid it's amazing.

It's baseball, dude. The variables in this game are so numerous that to make a claim like that is spectacularly dumb.

Advertisement
Right, it can't be because of last year because we're only focused on now and the future. Your words. Don't run from them. Last year won't save us against Louisville.

Right so what about this year makes you say that?

Nothing.

You never base anything you say on facts or reasonable analysis.

You just want it to happen.

This is just so stupid it's amazing.

It's baseball, dude. The variables in this game are so numerous that to make a claim like that is spectacularly dumb.

So it was variables and dumb luck when we went to the CWS 9 out of 11 times, or was that the leadership of Jim Morris? Why would all of these numerous variables show up in the post-season all of a sudden?

If you knew baseball, you would have seen that we were terrible at the plate and we haven't had top tier pitching. Those are under the control of the head coach. They aren't random occurrences that were just unlucky. We were not good.

Right so what about this year makes you say that?

Nothing.

You never base anything you say on facts or reasonable analysis.

You just want it to happen.

Because Louisville is a great team in 2016. Just like Florida, the one that owns us with the coach whose record against UM you won't post.

Advertisement
We weren't awful from 2009-2013?

Absolutely not.

We probably would have been in the CWS if we had played anybody else in the Super Regional. Match-ups matter. We were awful at the end of 2012 but every team that eliminated us (either in Regional or Super) went to Omaha.

But according to your ever-changing standard making the Regional (and Super Regional) is awful.

That explains everything. You're on the "keep the post-season streak going" train. If we get called on Selection Day, all is good.

Of course.

Because being close to the CWS in 2010 is just ' keeping the post-season streak going' right?

We've never even really been close to missing the postseason. When we're 'awful' we're a 2-seed.

You seriously are a clown of epic proportions. You lie, make up and just erect massive strawmen.

Except that you tried to discredit Sully with stats. When asked how he has fared against Miami, all of a sudden it doesn't matter. That's funny.

I discredited your infatuation with him with the facts.

You don't like facts. That's obvious.

I don't happen to think that head-to-head means much of anything.

Mike Martin has had stretches of success against Miami. The Seminoles actually lead the all-time series against the Canes. Who cares?

Advertisement
Back