Baseball: Manhattan Series

For 14 straight years. Someone is always better when Jim Morris is in charge.

Yeah only one team gets to win at the end.

Another brilliant analysis by you.

The real question is could you find somebody better than one of the best coaches of the last 20 years.

But to you there are no good coaches in America. There can't be given the disdain you have for one of the best.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Anyone else remember when people didn't accept mediocrity?

There you go again.

50-win seasons and CWS appearances are now mediocre.

You claim on one hand that your standard is not unreasonable and then you throw out a totally unreasonable standard in the next post.

Please don't use the plural form of those terms when you only have last year to hang onto. The six years before that actually happened, no matter how much you want to skip over them and point to 2008.

Sorry, I have to be perfectly literal with you. Games in which we were eliminated.

So in games that we've been eliminated we're 0-5.

No ****.

Brilliant.

You probably don't even know how stupid that comment was.

Amazing how much of a clown some of you people are.

Have you been drinking? I didn't comment on our record in those games, I said that we were blown out in those games. Pay attention.

What about a 14 year sample size? Any relevance?

Sure and we've been one of the best programs in the country in that sample size.

CWS Appearances (Since 2001)
Cal State Fullerton - 7
Texas - 7
Miami - 6
LSU - 6
North Carolina - 6
South Carolina - 6
Florida - 5
Rice - 5
Virginia - 4
Oregon State- 4
Stanford - 4
Georgia - 4

You must think that we've been a failure in that sample size otherwise you wouldn't have made that comment.

Another failure for you.

We have not been to the CWS six times since 2001, unless you and I don't agree on the usage of the word "since".

We have been five times in 14 years and finished 5/6 all five times. Yes, at the University of Miami, I do consider it a failure that we have not been a final four team in the last 14 years. I believe that without apology. Miami baseball has to be in a bracket final at least once in 14 years. It is tragic that you disagree with that sentiment.

For 14 straight years. Someone is always better when Jim Morris is in charge.

Yeah only one team gets to win at the end.

Another brilliant analysis by you.

The real question is could you find somebody better than one of the best coaches of the last 20 years.

But to you there are no good coaches in America. There can't be given the disdain you have for one of the best.

I have no problem giving Jim Morris the Lifetime Achievement Award and naming a building after him. He was fantastic up through about 2004. But you are being intellectually dishonest if you think he is still the same coach.

The funniest thing is that you have gone out of your way to defend Gino. If Gino is the difference between the CWS and going 0-2 in a home regional, how can you possibly say that Jim Morris is still one of the best? What was he doing in those years?

Advertisement
Please don't use the plural form of those terms when you only have last year to hang onto. The six years before that actually happened, no matter how much you want to skip over them and point to 2008.

I think we had a very good team in 2014 with 44 wins but just ran into a hot team at the wrong time.

I don't think wins tell the whole story but you seem to have a moving standard that simply depends on your emotional state at the time.

Apparently you don't think 2004 or 2008 were good seasons either because they didn't win more than one game in Omaha.

Have you been drinking? I didn't comment on our record in those games, I said that we were blown out in those games. Pay attention.

So now you can't even be honest about your factual errors.

This is what you said.

Look at our elimination games in Omaha since 2001. We are 0-5 in those games and haven't been in the game in the 9th inning once. Answers?

So according to you saying that we're 0-5 is not a comment on our record in those games.

You said one of the stupidest things that's probably ever been said on this forum. That we are 0-5 in elimination games since 2001. When corrected on the fact (we're 3-5) you clarified that you meant we were 0-5 in games that eliminated us.

So you're criticizing the team for never winning a game that eliminated them even though no team in history has ever won a game that eliminated them from a tournament.

You are fantastically stupid on this subject. I suspect the same about other topics as well.

We have not been to the CWS six times since 2001, unless you and I don't agree on the usage of the word "since".

Don't get cute trying to dodge your incompetence.

For instance Obama has been President since 2009. That doesn't mean since January 1, 2010. It's inclusive.

Every single similar stat is presented and understood in the same manner.

Advertisement
Miami baseball has to be in a bracket final at least once in 14 years. It is tragic that you disagree with that sentiment.

I don't disagree with you about that standard but I don't automatically assume it should lead to a firing if not fulfilled.

I'm an adult. I can analyze performance independent of a set standard.

You're a child who's not capable of rational thought.

I have no problem giving Jim Morris the Lifetime Achievement Award and naming a building after him. He was fantastic up through about 2004. But you are being intellectually dishonest if you think he is still the same coach.

He is the same coach we just haven't been as insanely successful as we were from 1994-2004.

And guess what? Nobody really has. I don't think anybody else has ever been to Omaha in 9 out of 11 years.

I don't call for firing great coaches because they were insanely successful in the first half of their tenure and then less so in the second half.

The funniest thing is that you have gone out of your way to defend Gino. If Gino is the difference between the CWS and going 0-2 in a home regional, how can you possibly say that Jim Morris is still one of the best? What was he doing in those years?

The only thing that's funny is your total lack of understanding of college baseball or even coaching of any kind.

Jim Morris is a great head coach. If you think he coaches the hitters or watches film with the team and grinds in the cages every day you're delusional.

The head coach oversees the program. He sets the agenda.

Gino is the one watching film, instructing hitters and working the cages. He's also the recruiting coordinator.

You're not the first bozo who thinks that the head coach actually coaches all the players. You're just the most recent one who has made a fool of himself.

He is the same coach we just haven't been as insanely successful as we were from 1994-2004.

And guess what? Nobody really has. I don't think anybody else has ever been to Omaha in 9 out of 11 years.

I don't call for firing great coaches because they were insanely successful in the first half of their tenure and then less so in the second half.

That's the thing, no one here is asking for trips to Omaha 9 out of every 11 years. That was an incredible run, and Jim gets a ton of credit for that, along with Turtle, Lazar, and Gino. But as you somewhat agreed with, the last 14 years - and especially the last 7 years - have been below what we would consider expected success at UM.

For the record, I do not endorse a "firing". The man earned the right to leave with dignity, and I have said that on this board this season. But the program is sitting on idle, and I believe that the mission should have been to find the next Sully instead of watching one regional loss after another. Omaha last year, fantastic. But the 2016 squad isn't national seed material. One trip to Omaha is going to prove to be an outlier for a ten year stretch.

Advertisement
But as you somewhat agreed with, the last 14 years - and especially the last 7 years - have been below what we would consider expected success at UM.

While you're still whining about the last 7 years everybody else is focused on now and the next 7.

2014: 44-19 ACC Regular Season Championship
2015: 50-17 College World Series

This is where we've been recently and there's plenty of evidence that this is where we're going to be in the present and near future.

You keep focusing on 2011 and 2012. What relevance does that have to what we're seeing now?

For the record, I do not endorse a "firing". The man earned the right to leave with dignity, and I have said that on this board this season. But the program is sitting on idle, and I believe that the mission should have been to find the next Sully instead of watching one regional loss after another.

You just want to push him out. What else is that other than a firing? Get outta here with that nonsense.

The problem with people like you who don't know anything is that your solution to every problem is to just fire people. Then you say we should hire someone who hasn't even had much more success than the guy you want to fire.

Since O'Sullivan was hired
Miami: 352-163 (.683%) 2 CWS appearances (2-4)
Florida: 361-174 (.675%) 4 CWS appearances (6-8)

And this was our 'worst period' in 40 years!

You probably didn't know this (since you don't know a lot) but O'Sullivan has gone 0-2 in a postseason round S-I-X times in 8 years.

Jim Morris in 22 years? Only Three 0-2's. It took him 12 years to get this first.

Advertisement
What we're seeing now???? What we're seeing now is something very ordinary. This is not a great team.

We've won 63 of the last 83.

This team is 13-3 (2-1) without either Abreu or Heyward hitting to their average.

You didn't think last year's team was great either despite being # 1 in the RPI. Being 'great' by your standard doesn't mean much.

Kevin O'Sullivan would like to know when he can get Wake Forest, Duke, Boston College, Pittsburgh, and Virgina Tech on the schedule. He also wondered if you bothered to calculate his record vs. Jim Morris, and how many times he went 0-2 in a post-season round AFTER eliminating Miami.

What we're seeing now???? What we're seeing now is something very ordinary. This is not a great team.

We've won 63 of the last 83.

This team is 13-3 (2-1) without either Abreu or Heyward hitting to their average.

You didn't think last year's team was great either despite being # 1 in the RPI. Being 'great' by your standard doesn't mean much.

We weren't great last year, no matter how many times you refer to the worthless RPI.

This team is 13-3 with 10 wins being relevant to absolutely nothing. We can continue to revisit this throughout the year to see how creative you can be with the excuses when we're a borderline regional host and nowhere near a national seed.

Kevin O'Sullivan would like to know when he can get Wake Forest, Duke, Boston College, Pittsburgh, and Virgina Tech on the schedule. He also wondered if you bothered to calculate his record vs. Jim Morris, and how many times he went 0-2 in a post-season round AFTER eliminating Miami.

You're more than welcome to root for the Gators if you want.

Conference RPI (since O'Sullivan hired)
2008: ACC (1st), SEC (4th)
2009: SEC (1st), ACC (2nd)
2010: SEC (1st), ACC (3rd)
2011: SEC (1st), ACC (2nd)
2012: ACC (t1st), SEC (t1st)
2013: ACC (1st), SEC (2nd)
2014: SEC (1st), ACC (3rd)
2015: SEC (1st), ACC (2nd)

And right now....

2016: ACC (1st), SEC (2nd)

You're going to have to start following the sport if you want to comment on it. The SEC fanboys have got you parroting the canard that the SEC is a lot better than the ACC in baseball.

It's not true.

Virginia Tech hosted a regional 3 years ago. Pittsburgh has only been in the league for 2 years.

You are such a hater that it's laughable. You don't know anything either which makes your hating even stupider.

Advertisement
Back