Baseball: Manhattan Series

And obliterated by the #4 national seed with an RPI of #3. Obliterated. No one believes that we were #1 or #5 or anything close to that.

Once again another clown who thinks because we lost two games that we should be embarrassed.

Apparently you think this is all about last year. I'm much more concerned with the two losses that come at the end of EVERY season these days. If we do manage to get to Omaha, we get blown out. So we are now a decade and a half into those "two games".

Advertisement
I'm delusional, but you're the one going out of your way defending a program that hasn't had success in Omaha since 2001. And by "success" I don't mean winning it, I mean going at least .500.

Yes you are delusional. Your statements speak for themselves.

You think that a staff that has reached Omaha in 5 of their 10 seasons together is somehow failing and needs to be fired.

So success as you define it. That's basically the standard now. Going .500 in Omaha means going at least 2-2 which is fishing in the top 4. So no season is a success unless we're in the Final 4.

And you don't think that's delusional?

Honestly, what is your point with all of this?

Simple.

First you don't know anything about college baseball. That's for sure. You completely fabricated a claim that nobody else has ever missed a # 1 or # 2 seed before Omaha. Totally bogus claim.

Then you employ really silly logic by saying since we lost badly to perhaps the best team in the country we should be embarrassed.

You want to fire a staff that's gone to Omaha 5 times in 10 seasons together.

You are pushing an agenda and you lie and/or make up statistics to support your claims.

That Gino is really the brains behind the operation and we should let him do his thing? Because the results just aren't there.

The results clearly are there. You just don't see them because you don't follow the team nor do you understand the sport.

He left after the 2008 season and our hitting and recruiting suffered (his two duties). When he came back in 2012 things started to turn around. We recruited better, hit better and even started pitching better because J.D. went back to focusing on just his pitching duties.

This is all observable and re-searchable.

But we know that you're not interested in the facts. You've got your gut to tell you these things.

The only people who believe the RPI are on the committee and in the ACC and SEC. There are other more accurate measurements out there.

Once again proving that you have no clue about college baseball or the RPI for that matter.

The RPI is not a quality measure. It's a performance measure. You probably don't know the difference.

Being # 1 in the RPI doesn't mean you're the best team. It just means by that measure you've had the best season.

Advertisement
Look at Miami's RPI, and then look at where we end up. So keep cheering that we're highly ranked in a system that is not respected.

Your understanding of the game and the RPI is so comically low that you make tcgrad look informed.

The RPI is not predictive and it's not a ranking.

The RPI's not respected? Yeah that's why it's the official measure of the tournament selection committee.

Just stop, man. You are embarrassing yourself with your ignorance.

Last edited:
If we were really #1 and #5, we would have stayed on the same field with Florida.

It's 2 games in a 67 game season!

What you're saying is so ludicrous and silly and stupid that it's mind-boggling.

Good teams lose sometimes. Heck they even lose badly on occasion. That's baseball. It's the most random of all.

What you're saying is that anybody rated # 1 in the RPI can't lose two games badly because if they do then they therefore weren't deserving of that rating.

You must be a child.

Last edited:
Do you have any baseball-specific answer for our collapses in May and June for the past 14 years?

No because you think that anybody who doesn't win it by definition has collapsed.

You've already proved how incapable your are of reasonable analysis.

But if I had to pick one I'd say we lost to really good teams who played better than we did in those particular games.

Advertisement
Apparently you think this is all about last year. I'm much more concerned with the two losses that come at the end of EVERY season these days. If we do manage to get to Omaha, we get blown out. So we are now a decade and a half into those "two games".

Once again that's your problem.

You don't understand the marathon nature of baseball. You can't learn practically anything from small two game sample sizes. That's why clowns like you get so emotional and irrational.

Last edited:
All of these insults can't hide the fact that we have won one single game in Omaha and two single games in the Super Regionals in the past 7 years. Combined.

But it's all good because Gino is back. SMDH.

Dude acts like we think we should win the championship every year, when the fact is that we've made one relevant run in seven years. And even that one fizzled out in pathetic fashion.

Anyone else remember when people didn't accept mediocrity?

Once again that's your problem.

You don't understand the marathon nature of baseball. You can't learn practically anything from small two game sample sizes. That's why clowns like you get so emotional and irrational.

What about a 14 year sample size? Any relevance?

Advertisement
Look at our elimination games in Omaha since 2001. We are 0-5 in those games and haven't been in the game in the 9th inning once. Answers?

We're actually 3-5 in elimination games since 2001 but you're not interested in facts or truth.

Sorry, I have to be perfectly literal with you. Games in which we were eliminated. We haven't competed in that game one time in 14 years. Blowouts.

Do you have any baseball-specific answer for our collapses in May and June for the past 14 years?

No because you think that anybody who doesn't win it by definition has collapsed.

You've already proved how incapable your are of reasonable analysis.

But if I had to pick one I'd say we lost to really good teams who played better than we did in those particular games.

For 14 straight years. Someone is always better when Jim Morris is in charge.

"But 2001!!!" Yeah, we know.

All of these insults can't hide the fact that we have won one single game in Omaha and two single games in the Super Regionals in the past 7 years. Combined.

Insults can't make you fact oriented either considering that you've lied or made up several stats in order to push your agenda.

Advertisement
Dude acts like we think we should win the championship every year, when the fact is that we've made one relevant run in seven years. And even that one fizzled out in pathetic fashion.

What else should I think given what you've said?

A 50-win season with losses to maybe the best team is an 'embarrassment' and 'pathetic' according to you. Before last year the gripes were that we hadn't been getting to Omaha. Then we do and now it's that we only won one game and lost soundly to a great team.

It seems your bar is impossibly high. It's basically set at the point where you can feel good about yourself again.

Anyone else remember when people didn't accept mediocrity?

There you go again.

50-win seasons and CWS appearances are now mediocre.

You claim on one hand that your standard is not unreasonable and then you throw out a totally unreasonable standard in the next post.

What about a 14 year sample size? Any relevance?

Sure and we've been one of the best programs in the country in that sample size.

CWS Appearances (Since 2001)
Cal State Fullerton - 7
Texas - 7
Miami - 6
LSU - 6
North Carolina - 6
South Carolina - 6
Florida - 5
Rice - 5
Virginia - 4
Oregon State- 4
Stanford - 4
Georgia - 4

You must think that we've been a failure in that sample size otherwise you wouldn't have made that comment.

Another failure for you.

Sorry, I have to be perfectly literal with you. Games in which we were eliminated.

So in games that we've been eliminated we're 0-5.

No ****.

Brilliant.

You probably don't even know how stupid that comment was.

Amazing how much of a clown some of you people are.

Advertisement
Back