Baseball: Manhattan Series

He also wondered if you bothered to calculate his record vs. Jim Morris, and how many times he went 0-2 in a post-season round AFTER eliminating Miami.

He's only gone 0-2 twice after eliminating Miami.

Feel free to start rooting for the Gators whenever you want.

Advertisement
You forgot to include Sully's record against Morris. You must work for Fox News.

I love how you keep using the RPI to support your case, even though it is proven to be flawed every year.

FYI I coached JUCO ball in Arkansas and our rating systems were spot on. The RPI is a joke, as the ACC proves every year.

We weren't great last year, no matter how many times you refer to the worthless RPI.

You don't follow the sport so your opinion is meaningless.

Ratings
RPI: # 1
ELO: # 5

Polls
Collegiate Baseball: # 6
Coaches: # 6

Other
Wins vs. top 50: 19 (5th)
Tournament: CWS (5th)

And even statistics prove it.

Batting AVG: .307 (7th)
Slugging %: .459 (13th)
On-Base %: .417 (2nd)

But we weren't a great team because some guy who doesn't follow the sport says so.

Here's my favorite....

"We were great last year."

Why did we keep getting throttled by Florida?

"Duh, they were a great team."

Strong work, Hannity.

This team is 13-3 with 10 wins being relevant to absolutely nothing. We can continue to revisit this throughout the year to see how creative you can be with the excuses when we're a borderline regional host and nowhere near a national seed.

I'll gladly take you up on that.

Since you don't follow the sport you have no clue what you're talking about.

Advertisement
This team is 13-3 with 10 wins being relevant to absolutely nothing. We can continue to revisit this throughout the year to see how creative you can be with the excuses when we're a borderline regional host and nowhere near a national seed.

I'll gladly take you up on that.

Since you don't follow the sport you have no clue what you're talking about.

Perfect. Will love to see your posts after Louisville does what they want. But that's okay because they're a great team.

FYI I coached JUCO ball in Arkansas and our rating systems were spot on. The RPI is a joke, as the ACC proves every year.

Just so stupid.

I guess they'll let anybody coach JUCO ball these days.

Any coach worth a **** would be embarrassed to admit that they know so little about baseball and the RPI.

Here's my favorite....

Strong work, Hannity.

Because we didn't keep getting throttled by Florida. It's like you're addicted to saying things that are incorrect.

We played them 5 times.

L, 4-3
W, 7-2
L, 2-1
L, 15-3
L, 10-2

We won one easily, lost two by 1 run and then lost two badly.

Only someone who hates truth or just hates this team could possible say we 'kept getting throttled' by Florida last year.

Advertisement
I love how you keep using the RPI to support your case, even though it is proven to be flawed every year.

Why do you continue to embarrass yourself?

The RPI is not predictive so it can't be proven to be flawed.

Of course it can be proven to be flawed. If the RPI continually claims that Miami has had the ___th most successful season, and Miami doesn't live up to that in the post-season, then what did it really tell us? Why should Miami get to be a host with an RPI of #11 if we go out and lose a regional? Shouldn't the best 16 teams get regionals? And if you think we deserve those placements, why can't we ever play at that same level when it counts?

Miami has not lived up to its final regular season RPI finish in 12 of the last 13 years. The only exception was when Nebraska fell apart and gave us the 2006 regional on a platter.

Just so stupid.

I guess they'll let anybody coach JUCO ball these days.

Any coach worth a **** would be embarrassed to admit that they know so little about baseball and the RPI.

So nothing of substance. Thanks for the post anyway, Rubio.

Perfect. Will love to see your posts after Louisville does what they want. But that's okay because they're a great team.

Yeah Louisville will 'do what they want' just like last year, right?

Both teams scored 19 runs in the series. We were winning 6-3 in the 7th in game one and gave up a 6-run inning. Then we dominated game two. Finally we lost on a walk-off in game three.

That was AT Louisville.

I'm sure that we got dominated and Louisville 'did what they wanted' though, huh?

Your analysis is comically stupid.

Here's my favorite....

Strong work, Hannity.

Because we didn't keep getting throttled by Florida. It's like you're addicted to saying things that are incorrect.

We played them 5 times.

L, 4-3
W, 7-2
L, 2-1
L, 15-3
L, 10-2

We won one easily, lost two by 1 run and then lost two badly.

Only someone who hates truth or just hates this team could possible say we 'kept getting throttled' by Florida last year.

But, but.....we were a great team! The RPI said so!

If we get throttled once, and then again, it's okay to say that we "kept getting throttled". It happened twice. But I'm glad you enjoyed the fact that we played them close in February.

Still wondering why it's okay to get obliterated by a great team twice if every indication is that we were also a great team. Remind me, who is setting the tone for the program and not working with players every day?

Advertisement

Yeah Louisville will 'do what they want' just like last year, right?

Both teams scored 19 runs in the series. We were winning 6-3 in the 7th in game one and gave up a 6-run inning. Then we dominated game two. Finally we lost on a walk-off in game three.

That was AT Louisville.

I'm sure that we got dominated and Louisville 'did what they wanted' though, huh?

Your analysis is comically stupid.

Wait.......what does last year have to do with anything? You're only focused on now and the next 7 years, right?

You're getting so twisted that I'm almost feeling sympathetic.

"ACC Regular Season Champs!!!!"

Good Lord.

Of course it can be proven to be flawed. If the RPI continually claims that Miami has had the ___th most successful season, and Miami doesn't live up to that in the post-season, then what did it really tell us?

All you're proving is that you don't understand any of this stuff.

The RPI is not predictive. If it says Team A had the best season it's not saying that they should win the national championship. So therefore if Team A stumbles and loses it doesn't mean the RPI was flawed. The RPI has nothing to say about future results! It's a measure. Not a prediction.

"Jim Morris is great and does not deserve to be fired. He sets the tone for the program."

Hey, why were we so awful from 2009-2013?

"Oh, because Gino DiMare wasn't around."

That's what I'm dealing with.

Advertisement
Miami has not lived up to its final regular season RPI finish in 12 of the last 13 years. The only exception was when Nebraska fell apart and gave us the 2006 regional on a platter.

You are literally one of the stupidest people I've ever debated with and I've debated with tcgrad.

Of course it can be proven to be flawed. If the RPI continually claims that Miami has had the ___th most successful season, and Miami doesn't live up to that in the post-season, then what did it really tell us?

All you're proving is that you don't understand any of this stuff.

The RPI is not predictive. If it says Team A had the best season it's not saying that they should win the national championship. So therefore if Team A stumbles and loses it doesn't mean the RPI was flawed. The RPI has nothing to say about future results! It's a measure. Not a prediction.

Then it shouldn't be used to say that we were a great team. You need to pick one side or the other. I said we weren't great. You keep trumping up "#1 in the RPI!!!!". Now you admit that the RPI says nothing about the post-season, in which we proved that we weren't great. In other words, exactly what I said.

You are literally one of the stupidest people I've ever debated with and I've debated with tcgrad.

I take that as a compliment.

"We were great."

Why did Florida destroy us?

"They were great."

And you say you follow college baseball?

Also nothing of substance. Thanks for the post anyway, Rubio.

I've been posting nothing but facts in this thread that have embarrassed you.

You're just incapable of feeling any shame.

You post one lie and then when corrected you just ignore it, shake it off and move on to your next lie.

Advertisement
Back