Are you cool if Dorsey is OC?

Are you cool if Dorsey is OC?

• Total voters
But he’s calling the passing plays from the gameplan he drew. Seriously get some common sense. You really think that he would call different passing plays from the game plan HE designed if he was the guy calling plays?

He’s not literally calling all the passing plays. Maybe he has some Input and maybe he helps Daboll with some plays but he’s not calling all of them.

Advertisement
Not my first choice but credentials to be interviewed already by a couple NFL teams but not good enough to be interviewed at the U? Did I expect a proven OC? Yes. Hiring him I would be in wait and see mode and hope for the best but the sun would still come up the next day

Bigger risk reading your dumb af analysis
Oh do pray tell muppet.

Please, with your vast intellect, share where I can get better. Consider it charity.

Oh wait everyone, this cat is gonna come back with "If I have to explain it you can't be helped".

What in the **** is in people's wheaties today... goodness...

Real question is honestly u have to ask yourselves would there be a love fest if he had a different name and never played here. If u can answer that honestly there is your answer.

You know **** well it would be a fat *** f'ing **** to the no.

Message boards are interesting. I see people all the time convincing themselves of things they previously were against because they're so desperate that we start winning again.

All those other position coaches, they won't mean **** of we hire an OC that fails here. Yet we've got people okay with a taking a chance on a first time OC. Mmmkay, that's brilliant.

Advertisement
According to Wikipedia, he’s already our OC and qb coach
He ain't lying...what the...lol
Screenshot_20220109-202200_Chrome.webp

He’s not literally calling all the passing plays. Maybe he has some Input and maybe he helps Daboll with some plays but he’s not calling all of them.
Where are you getting that I’m saying he’s calling the passing plays? I never once said.

What is happening though is that Daboll is calling the passing plays based off Dorsey’s gameplan.

They want to pretend that even though he’s the one setting up the gameplan for their passing attack that somehow, someway he would be calling plays differently if he was calling plays.

You might wanna think about what you're typing or atleast doa. Lil research. To compare the two is absurd. Clint is a friend and I'd still tell you not a chance in **** I want him as the DC. He's not well regarded at all, he's not some savant who has anything to do with anything on that defense beyond the line and he's whatever at that. Ken has developed two monsters at qb and they'd each tell you as well as the oc how monumental he was in regards to that. They'd each tell you how involved he is in assisting in calling the offense. Clint has nothing to do with that while Dorsey is so well regarded he's very hands on even with the oc and hc. I get y'all want someone who you can see on paper he's done this. But not everything is that cut and dry. I'll stick with the opinions of dudes who really do football for a living opposed to the dudes who don't know **** about it. Literally taking my own thoughts out of this. He's considered a homerun to everyone outside of this genius fanbase and is a dude who's being streamlined for an oc and eventually a hc job at the NFL level. I'm good with that regardless of y'all who cosign any bum that's been through here over God knows how long with minimal success. Just look at how y'all were drinking over lashlee week in and week out and he's basic as can be...
my only point is that there are better options available then dorsey, he could be good, but our money available states we should get someone who has already proven to be good

you guys always take these things to heart as if you're best buds and we're hating on Dorsey. I can't blame you, we've sucked for 2 decades. You and Leeds probably aren't used to seeing what real good hires look like.

We have the same $$ as Bama and Ohio State, I don't see them making this hire or anything in this realm. they go for PROVEN OC's with play calling experience.

why am I so wrong for assuming we should do the same thing?

Real question is honestly u have to ask yourselves would there be a love fest if he had a different name and never played here. If u can answer that honestly there is your answer.
If you would’ve told me that we were hiring Kellen Moore instead of Rhett 2 years ago I would’ve been ok with it. That’s the only relevant coaching profile that can compare.

Advertisement
That’s an anecdotal answer. He’s not gonna just have a title.

It happens all the time. It's happened here, with our own coaching staffs prior. It happens on every team, a cute title bump, to make them feel more special than they are. Being a whatever coach just isn't good enough anymore. It's a silly atta boy thing.

Not relevant. He is a Cane so we follow his career and he is good. Another guy I wouldn’t know about him because I don’t follow him. Don’t feel this way about DVD, Lamar Thomas, or even Ed Reed.

I do for Dorsey and Kevin Patrick. But that’s it.

If you would’ve told me that we were hiring Kellen Moore instead of Rhett 2 years ago I would’ve been ok with it. That’s the only relevant coaching profile that can compare.
alright man you just lost all credibility

kellen moore, the PLAYCALLER for the 12-5 dallas cowboys has a comparable coaching profile to ken dorsey who is a passing game coordinator and has never called plays?

Stop It Michael Jordan GIF

alright man you just lost all credibility

kellen moore, the PLAYCALLER for the 12-5 dallas cowboys has a comparable coaching profile to ken dorsey who is a passing game coordinator and has never called plays?

Stop It Michael Jordan GIF
Are you retarded? He wasn’t the play caller 2 years ago when he we hired Rhett.

I literally can’t believe you’re dumb enough to think that I’m talking about Kellen Moore of the present when it clearly states in the post that I’m talking about when WE HIRED RHETT 2 YEARS AGO.

Advertisement
But he’s calling the passing plays from the gameplan he drew. Seriously get some common sense. You really think that he would call different passing plays from the game plan HE designed if he was the guy calling plays?

He’s never called plays but nice try. You might trick someone who hasn’t played.

Its Good GIF by VERZUZ

Advertisement
He’s never called plays but nice try. You might trick someone who hasn’t played.

Its Good GIF by VERZUZ
You never play a down of football if you don’t know that a guy with the title of passing game coordinator isn’t drawing up the gameplan for the passing offense.

All you’re doing is showing you’re so out of date when it comes to modern football that you don’t know what his job is or you never played a down. @Brooklyndee did on an nfl and he’s up here saying the same thing.

Advertisement
Back