Are you cool if Dorsey is OC?

Are you cool if Dorsey is OC?

• Total voters
There’s no doubt he’s a QB whisperer, but I really am nervous about the idea of a first time play caller.

Advertisement
You never play a down of football if you don’t know that a guy with the title of passing game coordinator isn’t drawing up the gameplan for the passing offense.

Drawing up and calling are two different tasks, rookie. He can cut his teeth elsewhere.

There is a coOC already hired that has a couple of years calling plays. How good he was I do not know. This was at USC east and they have not had a top QB for years
No. He only had one season of play calling and was basically fired from that job (demoted) after the last game of the season. USCe offense only scored 1 TD in the last 12 Qtrs of that season. Soooo he’s not the mentor type of coach that I was referring to. I would not be really happy if he ends up being the only one on the entire staff that’s actually called an offensive game before.

He’s not literally calling all the passing plays. Maybe he has some Input and maybe he helps Daboll with some plays but he’s not calling all of them.
What he's telling y'all is he's the one who draws up and designs the passing plays which is literally his job description. The oc has a job definition of picking out the plays in real time that the passing game coordinator and run game coordinator design. That's not saying the oc won't design as well or won't tweek. But that's all he's trying to tell y'all and everyone keeps arguing fact.

You might wanna think about what you're typing or atleast doa. Lil research. To compare the two is absurd. Clint is a friend and I'd still tell you not a chance in **** I want him as the DC. He's not well regarded at all, he's not some savant who has anything to do with anything on that defense beyond the line and he's whatever at that. Ken has developed two monsters at qb and they'd each tell you as well as the oc how monumental he was in regards to that. They'd each tell you how involved he is in assisting in calling the offense. Clint has nothing to do with that while Dorsey is so well regarded he's very hands on even with the oc and hc. I get y'all want someone who you can see on paper he's done this. But not everything is that cut and dry. I'll stick with the opinions of dudes who really do football for a living opposed to the dudes who don't know **** about it. Literally taking my own thoughts out of this. He's considered a homerun to everyone outside of this genius fanbase and is a dude who's being streamlined for an oc and eventually a hc job at the NFL level. I'm good with that regardless of y'all who cosign any bum that's been through here over God knows how long with minimal success. Just look at how y'all were drinking over lashlee week in and week out and he's basic as can be...
People are too simplistic to understand nuance even if it’s slapping them over their **** heads. False equivalency kings of stupid Tbh. Someone actually thinking Ken and Clint scenarios are equal just cause some topline bullets appear that way to the chronically stupid..🤦‍♂️🤬🤷🏼‍♂️

Advertisement
Are you retarded? He wasn’t the play caller 2 years ago when he we hired Rhett.

I literally can’t believe you’re dumb enough to think that I’m talking about Kellen Moore of the present when it clearly states in the post that I’m talking about when WE HIRED RHETT 2 YEARS AGO.

Kellen Moore has been the OC at Dallas since 2019

Rhett was hired here in 2020.

So actually, you're wrong. calling me retarded doesn't change the fact that you're wrong.

Kellen Moore was the OC for 1 full year with the Dallas Cowboys before we hired Rhett

did me spreading out these sentences help you understand that? I can help you use the google machine if you need it too

Drawing up and calling are two different tasks, rookie. He can cut his teeth elsewhere.
So you’re dumb to think that he wouldn’t call the game the same way he game planned it. That’s what you’re going with as your defense…

Kellen Moore has been the OC at Dallas since 2019

Rhett was hired here in 2020.

So actually, you're wrong. calling me retarded doesn't change the fact that you're wrong.

Kellen Moore was the OC for 1 full year with the Dallas Cowboys before we hired Rhett

did me spreading out these sentences help you understand that? I can help you use the google machine if you need it too
Oh wow. I’m off a year. Let me fix that for you. If we would’ve hired him instead Enos then I would’ve been ok with it. Feel better now?

Advertisement
Oh wow. I’m off a year. Let me fix that for you. If we would’ve hired him instead Enos then I would’ve been ok with it. Feel better now?
so you're just going to completely ignore you're dumbazz porst and pretend like you know what you're talking about now?

Change the subject all ya want.

Insulting people on a message board and calling people retarded only to turn out to be WRONG is hilarious and something I would totally expect from you, keep up the great work!

so you're just going to completely ignore you're dumbazz porst and pretend like you know what you're talking about now?

Change the subject all ya want.

Insulting people on a message board and calling people retarded only to turn out to be WRONG is hilarious and something I would totally expect from you, keep up the great work!
The point still stands. Kellen Moore became the OC of the Cowboys in a year and he interviewed for other OC positions that same year. Look how he turned out? Yet here you are showing dat *** focusing on how I was off by a year when you still can’t figure out what is the duty of a passing game coordinator.

PS: you insulted me first so nice try at trying to frame me the bad guy.

Advertisement
So you’re dumb to think that he wouldn’t call the game the same way he game planned it. That’s what you’re going with as your defense…

You’re slow as **** if you think drawing up plays is equivalent to calling plays in live action. Keep talking so we can keep laughing at your ignorance.

You’re slow as **** if you think drawing up plays is equivalent to calling plays in live action. Keep talking so we can keep laughing at your ignorance.
You just don’t want to accept you’re wrong. Do you even know how complex gameplanning is? He’s gameplanning for every single scenario and he’s also giving input to Daboll when needs on top of correcting Josh Allen’s mistakes. You’re trying to pretend he’s some kind of simpleton being told what to do.

It happens all the time. It's happened here, with our own coaching staffs prior. It happens on every team, a cute title bump, to make them feel more special than they are. Being a whatever coach just isn't good enough anymore. It's a silly atta boy thing.
It does happen and I’m not disagreeing but the NFL isn’t college. If you’re given that title/being paid that title then 9/10 you’re doing that job. You’re not wrong though.

Advertisement
Man, feels like people just don’t fing learn.

NO! NEW! PLAYCALLERS!

1. never called plays in college as a coach
2. never recruited in college as a coach
3. never ran spring, summer, and fall practices as a coach
4. never had to coordinate a full offensive gameplan (run, pass, block) with his assistant coaches in college

DO NOT WANT as Offensive Coordinator at the University of Miami.

Last edited:
What he's telling y'all is he's the one who draws up and designs the passing plays which is literally his job description. The oc has a job definition of picking out the plays in real time that the passing game coordinator and run game coordinator design. That's not saying the oc won't design as well or won't tweek. But that's all he's trying to tell y'all and everyone keeps arguing fact.
Not to mention he’s probably giving live input as well. He’s not just sitting there on the sideline.

Where are you getting that I’m saying he’s calling the passing plays? I never once said.

What is happening though is that Daboll is calling the passing plays based off Dorsey’s gameplan.

They want to pretend that even though he’s the one setting up the gameplan for their passing attack that somehow, someway he would be calling plays differently if he was calling plays.

I guess I took “he’s calling passing plays from the game plan he drew” out of context then. Maybe you meant daboll is.

If you would’ve told me that we were hiring Kellen Moore instead of Rhett 2 years ago I would’ve been ok with it. That’s the only relevant coaching profile that can compare.
Cane Nation would've revolted.

Only reason I'm sold on the idea of Dorsey as OC is because football coaching braintrust and communities decided that Joe Brady was ready to go from PGC at LSU to OC in the NFL.

I voted 50/50 because I wouldn't hate it and it wouldn't make me cringe if that was our OC hire....but his experience as THE play caller would be the only reason I'd be hesitant.

I also wouldn't see Dorsey here more than 2 years either way it goes. If successful, he'll go back to the NFL as OC or HC...and if he's not successful then he's let go. But this might be the case in some capacity regardless of who we hire as OC.

Advertisement
Back