Are you cool if Dorsey is OC?

Are you cool if Dorsey is OC?

• Total voters
What he's telling y'all is he's the one who draws up and designs the passing plays which is literally his job description. The oc has a job definition of picking out the plays in real time that the passing game coordinator and run game coordinator design. That's not saying the oc won't design as well or won't tweek. But that's all he's trying to tell y'all and everyone keeps arguing fact.

I mean I get that, if that’s in his job description. I guess I thought he was arguing that he was also calling passing plays as well. See my post above.

Advertisement
Cane Nation would've revolted.

Only reason I'm sold on the idea of Dorsey as OC is because football coaching braintrust and communities decided that Joe Brady was ready to go from PGC at LSU to OC in the NFL.

I voted 50/50 because I wouldn't hate it and it wouldn't make me cringe if that was our OC hire....but his experience as THE play caller would be the only reason I'd be hesitant.

I also wouldn't see Dorsey here more than 2 years either way it goes. If successful, he'll go back to the NFL as OC or HC...and if he's not successful then he's let go. But this might be the case in some capacity regardless of who we hire as OC.
But how could we have complained if he was interviewing for other OC jobs? It wasn’t like we would’ve been the only ones giving him the title. Hence why I brought his name up.

Btw all of that down there is fair arguments but we could make the same argument about Brady or Briles.

Advertisement
Everybody knows Alabama at this moment already has an offense installed, they have "alabama offense".. Saban who obviously runs the show and obrien has to answer to said that the offense wouldnt change and Obrien would learn THEIR offense and run it. The players arent running his system, Im sure he has his fingerprints and helped it evolve but since Kiffin space aged their offense its just evolved with Gattis adding the rpo stuff and Sark came up with Kiffin in their USC days but yea..

Much different from what we would be doing here because we have no offense to build off of..
We do have TVD. He’s gonna make coaches and players alike look smart.

That looks like Brain Daboll offense. I am willing to bet when Brain Daboll gets a head coaching gig he will take Dorsey with him. With your logic Miami should hire Cale Gundy from OU, he was under Lincoln Riley.
No. That’s Passing plays that are designed by Dorsey since he’s the passing game coordinator and designs the passing offense and gameplans it…because that’s his job.

Advertisement
No. That’s Dorsey’s passing offense since he’s the passing game coordinator and designs the passing offense and gameplans it…because that’s his job.
**** NO, We have gone through this first time OC before. This is Cale Gundy, should we hire him?
1641780409328.webp

Advertisement
Advertisement
But would you hire him? Has he done enough to make him hirable?
At the end of the day it's Mario's hire. If he is ok with Dorsey and Schumann, lets run it. Its his job on the line at the end of the day. I would like someone with experience on both sides.

Put if this way, if it were Manny I would accept it because he knows no one in the coaching industry and has to take a chance with a coach with no experience. With Mario if they are giving him an open check book he can use that money wisely.

I’d be cool with it. I don’t think Ken is a pro-style bro. Dude’s literally one of the smartest guys to come through UM, I can’t imagine he’d be a **** up.
Based off what? Buffalo uses an H-Back a ton. Unless he has completely different ideology as Daboll he is definitely Pro-style. And that's ok, I forget who said it, maybe LCE, but he actually probably matches our personnel and Cristobal's ideology perfectly.

Advertisement
Back