Are you cool if Dorsey is OC?

Are you cool if Dorsey is OC?

• Total voters
That looks like Brain Daboll offense. I am willing to bet when Brain Daboll gets a head coaching gig he will take Dorsey with him. With your logic Miami should hire Cale Gundy from OU, he was under Lincoln Riley.
Would be considered sure. But Dorsey is at the highest level in the world. Not college football.

Advertisement
Some of you are out of your f’in minds. We’d be lucky to have him. One of the smartest football minds but we’re too good for him?

No play calling experience? How’s Kellen Moore doing?

Moore got into coaching 4 years ago and He's already an NFL OC, Dorsey got into coaching 12 years ago and He's nothing but a low level, measly passing game coordinator, big difference.

If anyone wants Schumann, but doesn't Dorsey, then I don't know what to say.

Both guys are heavily involved with the game planning for their respective units and are definitely both giving feedback, etc., through the game.

The one difference:

one has been doing it at the highest level of football and more recently was entrusted with as close to an OC position as it gets without being the main guy. Dorsey has also been at it for 7 years developing NFL qbs which is a ton of experience in itself.

Advertisement
We do have TVD. He’s gonna make coaches and players alike look smart.
Not if we go Dorsey and then Mario imposes some ground and pound philosophy on him to neuter everything.. Mind you I wouldnt mind Dorsey but would want to know what HIS philosophy is and how he would lean.. He has never had to pull trigger before, he might lean conservative in his first year even with TVD.. How about if they install a complicated bro style where its hard for our players to execute but easy to defend.. Happens alot..

The only response I have is that Ken is paid by pros. So they think higher of him than they do Gundy.

Maybe Newton’s MVP. Believe Dorsey was there for that and a MVP carries more weight. That’s arguable. And not sure if Dorsey was his coach.

Advertisement
no, you compared hiring ken dorsey now to hiring Kellen moore after he was already the OC of the dallas cowboys. That was dumb

don't change the narrative
I didn’t. You’re trying too. You’re the only one in the world that couldn’t figure out I was talking about when he was a QB coach.

I love Dorsey, but I prefer a bit of play calling experience in my OCs. Now if you can surround him with experienced coaches at the positions and a former head coach/OC as an analyst…. say a guy like uhhh Chud…. then my opinion changes a lil bit.
But he’d still have to call the plays. Experience under him might be helpful, but it’s still a crapshoot as far as can he call the plays or not.

Advertisement
college O is based on scoring & more scoring TD's, NFL to many times comes down to get points FG's vs TD's
different games.... Mario is also looking for recruiting monsters..... unsure if Dorsey fits base requirements

Question for the Dorsey fans, If he is so good. Why haven't any NFL teams allowed him to be the HC or OC. Matt Nagy was an QB coach with the Chiefs and then got a HC job with the Bears. Zac Taylor was the QB coach (Rams) and got a HC with the Bengals. Sean McVay was an assistant TE coach "assistant", then he got the HC job with the Rams.

Some here argue with their walls at home.
fqtyYcXoDV0X6ss8Mf.gif

Advertisement
The only response I have is that Ken is paid by pros. So they think higher of him than they do Gundy.

Maybe Newton’s MVP. Believe Dorsey was there for that and a MVP carries more weight. That’s arguable. And not sure if Dorsey was his coach.
If he is that good why he is not an OC or HC in the NFL?

Advertisement
Back