Are you cool if Dorsey is OC?

Are you cool if Dorsey is OC?

• Total voters
So you feel someone who the NFL and I do mean the NFL AS IN THE WHOLE LEAGUE has Googlie eyes for and has molded monsters and approaches the game with preparation on a level 99% of the world is clueless towards,that has been calling plays since college isn't good enough for us right now? Smh. And when u say supposedly do you not feel that giving Mario 85 million and rad 3 a year proves we're taking this serious? That's not a commitment? This fanbase kills me. This is exactly why I said people need to stay out of the coaching part while he finishes with the staff. Y'all literally just guessing how this is gonna go and everyone on here already complaining. Sad

Straight facts.

(Please post more.)

Advertisement
If I were getting paid to do this, I think the list of qualities I’m looking for in an OC includes previous play calling experience. But from the outside looking in, Dorsey is probably the one guy who gets an exception to that, and it’s not at all related to playing for UM. Dude is a savant with QBs. Cam Newton is straight garbage and Dorsey had him at an MVP level. His work with Allen is similarly good. That skill set seems like it would translate to designing a college offense and calling plays. I think Dorsey would almost certainly kill it at UM, but that’s why you do a deep dive on those other qualities you’re looking for to decide if it negates the lack of play calling experience. I’ll leave it up to the guy getting $8 mm to do that.

This is all pretty much my exact thoughts.

Dorsey is the only former player that I’ve always craved to see on our staff. Like you pointed out, so many people around him throughout his career have already gone on record crediting and commending for his work in the NFL. He’s definitely qualified to be a P5 OC and if we aren’t lucky enough to hire him, someone will soon, in the NFL, from his current role, without ever having called plays.

Except, I do feel the lashlee love was warranted. He brought us in the modern era of offense with tempo. And he actually did a pretty good job setting up and baiting explosive plays.
I'd strongly disagree on lashlee. The only reason our offense worked was because of our speed outside. He is known for power run and he couldn't establish it at all. In reality I'm very thankful for lashlee because without him being so lost in the beginning of the year we'd still be stuck with Mandy. If he had any clue that tempo was the key to this team off jump we would've been on a new years bowl and this **** oh would've got an extension. That's what's crazy. At the beginning of this season this idiot was in extension talks with flake... That's why everyone was so upset with cmr. Well what everyone is so happy with lashlee for is essentially what cmr was trying to do. He was just stick with a stick figure in kayyaa and the second most worthless QB in um history in rozier. But if it wasn't for quick screens and shallow crosses replacing our lack of a running game it would've got real miserable out here. It didn't hurt to have a kid who at the very least throws a beautiful deep ball.

Absolutely. I have zero clue what a good staff looks like. The fact you just put Ohio state into the same sphere as bama makes me curious if you know what a good staff looks like. Regardless you might wanna find out who's actually hired before you go to ****ting all over us. I'm curious. Did you think Ryan day was a homerun hire when they made that one? Anyways. You're entitled to your opinions and I'm not here to tell you they're wrong. As I've said I understand your point. Would love to hear what better options are available that you speak of.
Did Ohio state just hire Jim Knowles the best available DC in the country or take a chance on an up and coming DC who has never called plays? How does Ohio state not fit into what I'm talking about?

It's okay to disagree my friend but I didn't type all that just to type it.

To your other question on who the better options are that are available is a hard question to answer because none of us truly know who is available with this new found money. Probably a few candidates that we've never thought of. I for one would be happy with briles and wouldn't be upset with mullen, dorsey, or Kevin Wilson just as another random name that I think would be excellent

Totally agree. But experience under him can help him in game planning and play design. Also having an experienced watchful eye as an analyst can help him. This is not a “on the job training” type of gig, so he would need all of the graybeards that we can hire to help him. At the end of the day though, it would be his show.
Yeah, I just don't love the idea of a first-time guy no matter who he is.

Ask yourself this: if he were somebody else who'd never played for Miami with the exact same resume, would you support hiring him?
For me that's a hard no, and I don't think we should give anyone jobs because they used to be on the team.

Advertisement
I'd strongly disagree on lashlee. The only reason our offense worked was because of our speed outside. He is known for power run and he couldn't establish it at all. In reality I'm very thankful for lashlee because without him being so lost in the beginning of the year we'd still be stuck with Mandy. If he had any clue that tempo was the key to this team off jump we would've been on a new years bowl and this **** oh would've got an extension. That's what's crazy. At the beginning of this season this idiot was in extension talks with flake... That's why everyone was so upset with cmr. Well what everyone is so happy with lashlee for is essentially what cmr was trying to do. He was just stick with a stick figure in kayyaa and the second most worthless QB in um history in rozier. But if it wasn't for quick screens and shallow crosses replacing our lack of a running game it would've got real miserable out here. It didn't hurt to have a kid who at the very least throws a beautiful deep ball.
After reading this horryfing post it's a miracle that we landed Mario Cristobal and are in the position we are in. Had we extended Manny Diaz ( say we win 9/10 games) our program would never have recovered. There was no gurantee we would ever land Mario and there would be a very real possibility Mario would have suceeded Saban at Bama if he was to retire in the next 4-5 years.

Miami would not jave survived 4 more years of Manny.

You might wanna think about what you're typing or atleast doa. Lil research. To compare the two is absurd. Clint is a friend and I'd still tell you not a chance in **** I want him as the DC. He's not well regarded at all, he's not some savant who has anything to do with anything on that defense beyond the line and he's whatever at that. Ken has developed two monsters at qb and they'd each tell you as well as the oc how monumental he was in regards to that. They'd each tell you how involved he is in assisting in calling the offense. Clint has nothing to do with that while Dorsey is so well regarded he's very hands on even with the oc and hc. I get y'all want someone who you can see on paper he's done this. But not everything is that cut and dry. I'll stick with the opinions of dudes who really do football for a living opposed to the dudes who don't know **** about it. Literally taking my own thoughts out of this. He's considered a homerun to everyone outside of this genius fanbase and is a dude who's being streamlined for an oc and eventually a hc job at the NFL level. I'm good with that regardless of y'all who cosign any bum that's been through here over God knows how long with minimal success. Just look at how y'all were drinking over lashlee week in and week out and he's basic as can be...

Most of these guys don’t understand that there is a cerebral part of football that involves coaching, strategizing, and etc. They only want to hear two words tempo and spread and they get a boner. They still don’t realize that just going fast tempo is not an offense. There needs to be a plan, scheme, and rhythm/flow of play calling behind it.

If Dorsey’s name was Mike Kafka, Luke Getsy, Dan Pitcher, Zac Robinson, Shane Day or any other nfl qb coach on a good staff. you couldn’t pour enough kool-aid for everyone to drink.

Did Ohio state just hire Jim Knowles the best available DC in the country or take a chance on an up and coming DC who has never called plays? How does Ohio state not fit into what I'm talking about?

It's okay to disagree my friend but I didn't type all that just to type it.

To your other question on who the better options are that are available is a hard question to answer because none of us truly know who is available with this new found money. Probably a few candidates that we've never thought of. I for one would be happy with briles and wouldn't be upset with mullen, dorsey, or Kevin Wilson just as another random name that I think would be excellent
Well a good hire starts up top. Not with your coordinators. So yeah. Again Ohio state isn't in that category and they also have quite a few lack luster hires throughout their position coaches. But to have all that money and then hire Ryan day... & If you think Jim Knowles is great than there really isn't much purpose in this conversation. Regardless again, I respect your opinion and ur entitled to it. When I speak on Football it's the proper English game. Not this American crap.

I think Kenny is a good fit, though if it doesn't happen it just might not be the right time. Gonna be interesting.

I can def. see Kenny's nerdy *** slaying it on the clipboard or from the skybox.

Advertisement
Real question is honestly u have to ask yourselves would there be a love fest if he had a different name and never played here. If u can answer that honestly there is your answer.
If you told me our OC would be the QB coach of Cam Newton and Josh Allen for a combined total of 7 years, and who also was passing game coordinator for the Bills in 2021, I wouldn't be mad. That's about as good of a resume as you can get for someone who hasn't been an OC before.

If I were getting paid to do this, I think the list of qualities I’m looking for in an OC includes previous play calling experience. But from the outside looking in, Dorsey is probably the one guy who gets an exception to that, and it’s not at all related to playing for UM. Dude is a savant with QBs. Cam Newton is straight garbage and Dorsey had him at an MVP level. His work with Allen is similarly good. That skill set seems like it would translate to designing a college offense and calling plays. I think Dorsey would almost certainly kill it at UM, but that’s why you do a deep dive on those other qualities you’re looking for to decide if it negates the lack of play calling experience. I’ll leave it up to the guy getting $8 mm to do that.
He wasn't before injuries come on now. But overall I agree with you.

Advertisement
Dorsey has proven to people a lot smarter than me that’s he’s more than capable of being an excellent OC here. Mario is being paid eighty five million dollars for a reason. This isn’t an Al Golden moment folks. It’s our turn to enjoy the ride, not kick and scream from the back seat. We can trust the decision makers. Don’t overthink it. We’d be very fortunate if Ken agreed to coach here.

Considering the whole playcalling argument is the most overrated BS in this whole saga, people who think Dorsey isnt qualified to become an OC need to get evaluated for insanity.

With that being said, I would be 50/50, both happy and worried. Happy cause he has a very high ceiling but concerned because his offense is an unknown for all of us.

Advertisement
I'm not gonna sit here and tell you something I don't know for fact the answer to brother. Never have and never will. Reality is not one soul other than Mario could give you that one. My two cents would be not likely as the emphasis of our offense should always be the skill POSITIONS plural. You don't want a QB who's limited in that capacity until he's developed fully. But that's just an opinion.
What has your experience been wrt to OL as a group? I've oft stated I believe, as a whole, there isn't a more important component to the O, given all others are at least close to average.

Put another way I guess, an above average/elite OL can get a team much closer to a champioship than any other single player on O if the OL is below average.

What have you seen?

Question for the Dorsey fans, If he is so good. Why haven't any NFL teams allowed him to be the HC or OC. Matt Nagy was an QB coach with the Chiefs and then got a HC job with the Bears. Zac Taylor was the QB coach (Rams) and got a HC with the Bengals. Sean McVay was an assistant TE coach "assistant", then he got the HC job with the Rams.
You answered your own question. Teams will hire anyone associated with the elite offensive minds. So whoever is under andy reid or mcvay will have people offering them jobs, just how the nfl is

Considering the whole playcalling argument is the most overrated BS in this whole saga, people who think Dorsey isnt qualified to become an OC need to get evaluated for insanity.

With that being said, I would be 50/50, both happy and worried. Happy cause he has a very high ceiling but concerned because his offense is an unknown for all of us.
I don't think there has been anyone taking the position he isn't qualified to become an OC.

I think the argument, and rightlfully so, has been a "don't have the first gig as Miami's OC". I believe you, at least partially, share this concern.

At the end of the day, in HC Super Mario we trust, until we don't.

Who is the most worthless QB???

Advertisement
Back