Are you cool if Dorsey is OC?

Are you cool if Dorsey is OC?

• Total voters
Advertisement
No Way Kid GIF by MOODMAN

Nope. Not good with it.

We have got to get off this "Cane Player' fetish
Bull****. Massive difference in- hey hire Ed Reed for x, and a guy that has been working his way up doing the actual work for a decade and will likely be an oc somewhere this next season in the nfl or a power 5.

I’d love to get you all the scoop but by the time I can the decision will be made. My coworker is cousins with Brain Dabol and he literally goes and hangs out w the offensive staff sometimes for the bills.

Living up here in Buffalo I watch all the games and Ken is most definitely a huge part of Josh Allens success. They knew he was a huge product at the draft and that’s a big reason Ken is there to tutor him.

As per play calling and running a whole offense I’m in the price it first position. But what do I know I’m just a fan

Advertisement
You might wanna think about what you're typing or atleast doa. Lil research. To compare the two is absurd. Clint is a friend and I'd still tell you not a chance in **** I want him as the DC. He's not well regarded at all, he's not some savant who has anything to do with anything on that defense beyond the line and he's whatever at that. Ken has developed two monsters at qb and they'd each tell you as well as the oc how monumental he was in regards to that. They'd each tell you how involved he is in assisting in calling the offense. Clint has nothing to do with that while Dorsey is so well regarded he's very hands on even with the oc and hc. I get y'all want someone who you can see on paper he's done this. But not everything is that cut and dry. I'll stick with the opinions of dudes who really do football for a living opposed to the dudes who don't know **** about it. Literally taking my own thoughts out of this. He's considered a homerun to everyone outside of this genius fanbase and is a dude who's being streamlined for an oc and eventually a hc job at the NFL level. I'm good with that regardless of y'all who cosign any bum that's been through here over God knows how long with minimal success. Just look at how y'all were drinking over lashlee week in and week out and he's basic as can be...
Question:

IF Dorsey comes to Hecht as OC and/or QBC, does he try to recruit QBs in mold of Josh Allen and B Roth??

Joe Brady went from Saints assistant for 1 year to LSU passing game Coordinator for 1 year. Then he was Panthers OC. Before all that he was a grad assitant for 1 year at Penn St. Everyone was ok with him coming here.

Ken Dorsey is coaching QBs in the NFL and he is really good at it. If you don't think he is ready and qualified to be a Coordinator at Miami u on smokes. He is not gonna bring 2001 Miami offense. They are coaching and dissecting the offenses and defenses of 2022. If he is the pick i would be excited.

Yall see what Harbaugh from Baltimore did? Send one of his assistants to his brother at Michigan and in 1 offseason their defense was lights out, Michiganthat is and they ended up in the playoffs. Being a NFL assistants prepares you to be a college Coordinator, you are dealing with grown men who make more money than you do. You are using high tech and analyzing intricate schemes. Ken is ready. If he comes here in 2 years, maybe less he will be interviewing for HC jobs in the NFL as i think only Miami with the right dynamics can tempt him to college.

You might wanna think about what you're typing or atleast doa. Lil research. To compare the two is absurd. Clint is a friend and I'd still tell you not a chance in **** I want him as the DC. He's not well regarded at all, he's not some savant who has anything to do with anything on that defense beyond the line and he's whatever at that. Ken has developed two monsters at qb and they'd each tell you as well as the oc how monumental he was in regards to that. They'd each tell you how involved he is in assisting in calling the offense. Clint has nothing to do with that while Dorsey is so well regarded he's very hands on even with the oc and hc. I get y'all want someone who you can see on paper he's done this. But not everything is that cut and dry. I'll stick with the opinions of dudes who really do football for a living opposed to the dudes who don't know **** about it. Literally taking my own thoughts out of this. He's considered a homerun to everyone outside of this genius fanbase and is a dude who's being streamlined for an oc and eventually a hc job at the NFL level. I'm good with that regardless of y'all who cosign any bum that's been through here over God knows how long with minimal success. Just look at how y'all were drinking over lashlee week in and week out and he's basic as can be...
Post of the year. thank you @Brooklyndee

my only point is that there are better options available then dorsey, he could be good, but our money available states we should get someone who has already proven to be good

you guys always take these things to heart as if you're best buds and we're hating on Dorsey. I can't blame you, we've sucked for 2 decades. You and Leeds probably aren't used to seeing what real good hires look like.

We have the same $$ as Bama and Ohio State, I don't see them making this hire or anything in this realm. they go for PROVEN OC's with play calling experience.

why am I so wrong for assuming we should do the same thing?
LOL @Brooklyndee was a player... he knows exactly what to look for in a successful offense. If anyone knows its Dee

Advertisement
Well ****, I'm convinced

This is all pretty much my exact thoughts.

Dorsey is the only former player that I’ve always craved to see on our staff. Like you pointed out, so many people around him throughout his career have already gone on record crediting and commending for his work in the NFL. He’s definitely qualified to be a P5 OC and if we aren’t lucky enough to hire him, someone will soon, in the NFL, from his current role, without ever having called plays.

Except, I do feel the lashlee love was warranted. He brought us in the modern era of offense with tempo. And he actually did a pretty good job setting up and baiting explosive plays.

I would be fine with it bc he’s good for QBs but he’s never called plays form what I’ve read. I wanted briles tbh

Advertisement
yeah I mean my point was broad and oversimplified because I was responding to your post that was oversimplified and broad. Clearly Hurtt and Dorsey are viewed differently (although both have interviewed for coordinator positions yet neither has gotten one) that isn't my point at all, I was using hyperbole to show that Dorsey isn't experienced.

We have big program money, I'm just saying we should spend it right. I never said Dorsey would be a bad hire nor did I say I would be ****ed about it but you guys aren't realizing that with the money we supposedly have, these aren't the hires that are typically made by top programs like Ohio State, Bama, UGA, Oklahoma, etc.

Also this is a message board so yeah, 99% of us don't do football for a living but to imply that because ken dorsey isn't my top candidate that I don't know **** about football is dumb but that's your opinion so i'm cool with it. Ultimately I trust Mario to make the right choice, since he knows a good amount more than you or I both.

The main thing is I still don't see how you've contested my original sentiment.. This was my original post below, what was wrong or outrageous about what I said? you guys just find ways to get worked up and go to extremes, my statement was very timid and realistic, not taking a hard stance either way. Then again you guys probably were crazy about Enos and others in the past so I digress, I bow down to the 'know it all's' on a message board

"I think under previous administrations when we didn't have the money, yes

but with the money we supposedly have? these are not the kind of hires you make. You get the BEST of the BEST, not a "potentially good OC one day" hire"

But he’d still have to call the plays. Experience under him might be helpful, but it’s still a crapshoot as far as can he call the plays or not.
Totally agree. But experience under him can help him in game planning and play design. Also having an experienced watchful eye as an analyst can help him. This is not a “on the job training” type of gig, so he would need all of the graybeards that we can hire to help him. At the end of the day though, it would be his show.

Advertisement
my only point is that there are better options available then dorsey, he could be good, but our money available states we should get someone who has already proven to be good

you guys always take these things to heart as if you're best buds and we're hating on Dorsey. I can't blame you, we've sucked for 2 decades. You and Leeds probably aren't used to seeing what real good hires look like.

We have the same $$ as Bama and Ohio State, I don't see them making this hire or anything in this realm. they go for PROVEN OC's with play calling experience.

why am I so wrong for assuming we should do the same thing?
Absolutely. I have zero clue what a good staff looks like. The fact you just put Ohio state into the same sphere as bama makes me curious if you know what a good staff looks like. Regardless you might wanna find out who's actually hired before you go to ****ting all over us. I'm curious. Did you think Ryan day was a homerun hire when they made that one? Anyways. You're entitled to your opinions and I'm not here to tell you they're wrong. As I've said I understand your point. Would love to hear what better options are available that you speak of.

Joe Brady went from Saints assistant for 1 year to LSU passing game Coordinator for 1 year. Then he was Panthers OC. Before all that he was a grad assitant for 1 year at Penn St. Everyone was ok with him coming here.

Ken Dorsey is coaching QBs in the NFL and he is really good at it. If you don't think he is ready and qualified to be a Coordinator at Miami u on smokes. He is not gonna bring 2001 Miami offense. They are coaching and dissecting the offenses and defenses of 2022. If he is the pick i would be excited.

Yall see what Harbaugh from Baltimore did? Send one of his assistants to his brother at Michigan and in 1 offseason their defense was lights out, Michiganthat is and they ended up in the playoffs. Being a NFL assistants prepares you to be a college Coordinator, you are dealing with grown men who make more money than you do. You are using high tech and analyzing intricate schemes. Ken is ready. If he comes here in 2 years, maybe less he will be interviewing for HC jobs in the NFL as i think only Miami with the right dynamics can tempt him to college.

What about the ones that are not ok with Joe Brady?
I’m actually would prefer Dorsey over Brady.

KD is at the same point as Mario when comes to trying to get him to Miami. It’s either now or never. There is crazy upside with KD. He would know what to do with a QB like Jacurri Brown because he coached Newton. He would know what to do with TVD & Gracia because coached Allen. There is no defense in college that he would not be ready because he has seen the best in the NFL. He will bring offensive concepts that college level is not ready to handle or at least the ACC.

What people are worried about is the unknown including myself. What type of offense is he bringing? What’s the tempo? Will he break tendencies? Will he be stubborn playcaller or able to adjust between series? Do i believe he can do all this? Of course but I dont have proof.

At this point I don’t think KD comes here if he really on the brink of getting a NFL OC job nor should he. You can fail in the NFL and get a college OC job but you can’t fail in college and get a NFL OC job. Unless your Kingsbury

Question:

IF Dorsey comes to Hecht as OC and/or QBC, does he try to recruit QBs in mold of Josh Allen and B Roth??
I'm not gonna sit here and tell you something I don't know for fact the answer to brother. Never have and never will. Reality is not one soul other than Mario could give you that one. My two cents would be not likely as the emphasis of our offense should always be the skill POSITIONS plural. You don't want a QB who's limited in that capacity until he's developed fully. But that's just an opinion.

Advertisement
Back