Are you cool if Dorsey is OC?

Are you cool if Dorsey is OC?

• Total voters
well first off, he's not good enough for sean mcdermott as he doesn't call plays in buffalo
what did I say wrong @LeedsCane

we can't sit here and pretend that being an OC at miami is the same as a QB coach in the nfl, it's not equivalent and OC here is a higher gig

if he has an OC offer on the table then i'll change my statement but saying that he's good enough to be a qb coach at buffalo so he should be good enough to be OC here is just dumb

Advertisement
well first off, he's not good enough for sean mcdermott as he doesn't call plays in buffalo
Well first of all, he’s probably going to be promoted to OC whenever Daboll takes an HC job and that’s been the case for 2 years. Hence the promotion to Passing game coordinator. He also turned down the OC job for the Jags and Dolphins.

That’s why all of you are looking like idiots.

Love Dorsey, but I don't know how many times I've read on this board that coach whomever needs to cut his teeth elsewhere first and this isn't the place to learn your role.

We're not talking about a position coach, but the man in charge of those position coaches. The guy who will be designing a play book and making the calls. The last say on who we recruit and where we value them above other recruits.

He hasn't been the guy all those coaches look up to for answers. He hasn't been the guy to add and remove staff. He hasn't recruited a single player to a team. He hasn't made a single play book.

I'm a firm as **** no. Ken's a smart guy and who knows, maybe he rocks at the job of he were to get it. I just don't see the qualifications or knowledge of the role and that's my problem 100 percent.
That’s not true. He’s the Bills passing game coordinator which means he has a lot of input on their passing game design and gameplan.

what did I say wrong @LeedsCane

we can't sit here and pretend that being an OC at miami is the same as a QB coach in the nfl, it's not equivalent and OC here is a higher gig

if he has an OC offer on the table then i'll change my statement but saying that he's good enough to be a qb coach at buffalo so he should be good enough to be OC here is just dumb
He’s the passing game coordinator, therefore he is at the very least responsible for drawing up their passing plays (which seem pretty good if you watch Buffalo) and according to people I have spoken with, he calls some plays too. I don’t dumbvote irrationally, I do it because it’s in response to a dumb or uneducated statement, such as yours.

Every big time OC with a proven track record that we'd theoretically rank ahead of Dorsey started off as a rookie too. Just sayin' . . .
100% agree.

I would offer the vast majority started as first-time OCs at programs lesser than/not as critical to be successful as Miami's situation right now.

Advertisement
Well first of all, he’s probably going to be promoted to OC whenever Daboll takes an HC job and that’s been the case for 2 years. Hence the promotion to Passing game coordinator. He also turned down the OC job for the Jags and Dolphins.

That’s why all of you are looking like idiots.
absolutely nothing showing he turned down any OC jobs. that's all speculative and wrapped up in your guys obsession with him

you're taking legitimate criticism of dorsey never calling plays and us having nearly unlimited budget as us hating on dosey, it's not the case

i've got nothing against him but you guys are reaching. We've never had this kind of money before and we're begging for someone who's never called plays before LMAO

He’s not Bill O’Brien and we’re not Bama.
Of course. My point is, BOB is/was an NFL guy and a "pro-style bro" and Bama has not reverted to a 2006 offense. I don't think Dorsey is so **** old that he's wedded to a fullback and under center and we're going to return to 2001. He's a young guy. My concern w/ Dorsey would be he's a first time OC; much less with the suggestion we're going back in time if he's hired. And btw, you can likely make the same arguments re: Joe Brady.

absolutely nothing showing he turned down any OC jobs. that's all speculative and wrapped up in your guys obsession with him

you're taking legitimate criticism of dorsey never calling plays and us having nearly unlimited budget as us hating on dosey, it's not the case
That’s false too. He’s the passing game coordinator. All the passing plays they call are his game plan meaning those are the plays he would personally call.

Strike 2…

100% agree.

I would offer the vast majority started as first-time OCs at programs lesser than/not as critical to be successful as Miami's situation right now.
Agreed. I'd be more comfortable with a 1st time OC or DC here if Mario was an offensive or defensive savant who can allow a coordinator to run point under his careful eye (like an Urban on offense or Saban on D). Unfortunately, MC doesn't have either background so he needs to hit on both fronts.

Advertisement
That’s false too. He’s the passing game coordinator. All the passing plays they call are his game plan meaning those are the plays he would personally call.

Strike 2…

give me all the strikes you want, you guys drooling over someone who has never called plays before when we have the budget we do is just a loser mentality at it's finest

We have the money to get the BEST.

you guys want someone who 'maybe' 'might' be good 'one day' because he's a passing game coordinator

Of course. My point is, BOB is/was an NFL guy and a "pro-style bro" and Bama has not reverted to a 2006 offense. I don't think Dorsey is so **** old that he's wedded to a fullback and under center and we're going to return to 2001. He's a young guy. My concern w/ Dorsey would be he's a first time OC; much less with the suggestion we're going back in time if he's hired. And btw, you can likely make the same arguments re: Joe Brady.

Too many question marks. Style of offense and play calling experience are humongous. Plus, Bama has a plethora of talent at every position so their scheme doesn’t matter as much.

Agreed. I'd be more comfortable with a 1st time OC or DC here if Mario was an offensive or defensive savant who can allow a coordinator to run point under his careful eye (like an Urban on offense or Saban on D). Unfortunately, MC doesn't have either background so he needs to hit on both fronts.
We singing from same sheet.

Now can HC Super Mario pick the right first timer?

Sure, but that will be a high-wire circus act that could derail his goodwill early in his Miami era.

Too many question marks. Style of offense and play calling experience are humongous. Plus, Bama has a plethora of talent at every position so their scheme doesn’t matter as much.
Bama could run half back dives every single play and probably win 10.games.

Advertisement
As assistants make the boss look better, a good boss will also make his assistants better at what they do. Case in point Saban.
Has Manny stayed as a HC my choice would be no to Dorsey.

But now I say yes, I would be happy to have him with Mario as the HC. It is a new era and Dorsey will have a lot of help in recruiting and other resources to succeed.

Last edited:
He’s the passing game coordinator, therefore he is at the very least responsible for drawing up their passing plays (which seem pretty good if you watch Buffalo) and according to people I have spoken with, he calls some plays too. I don’t dumbvote irrationally, I do it because it’s in response to a dumb or uneducated statement, such as yours.
I didn't give opinion, I gave fact.

He has never been an OC, we have rumored to be a top 3 budget in all of college football, and lmao at you talking to people about him calling plays, yea that seems legitimate.

Apparently this is hard for you to comprehend, which is ironic because you're calling me dumb. I am not hating on Dorsey, I am just saying we can do better and he is unproven. You're trying to say he's the best candidate and worthy of our OC job because he's the passing game coordinator for an NFL team, COOL I respect your opinion, but it doesn't change the fact that other people are more proven and Dorsey doesn't have experience calling plays

I think under previous administrations when we didn't have the money, yes

but with the money we supposedly have? these are not the kind of hires you make. You get the BEST of the BEST, not a "potentially good OC one day" hire
So you feel someone who the NFL and I do mean the NFL AS IN THE WHOLE LEAGUE has Googlie eyes for and has molded monsters and approaches the game with preparation on a level 99% of the world is clueless towards,that has been calling plays since college isn't good enough for us right now? Smh. And when u say supposedly do you not feel that giving Mario 85 million and rad 3 a year proves we're taking this serious? That's not a commitment? This fanbase kills me. This is exactly why I said people need to stay out of the coaching part while he finishes with the staff. Y'all literally just guessing how this is gonna go and everyone on here already complaining. Sad

Advertisement
So you feel someone who the NFL and I do mean the NFL AS IN THE WHOLE LEAGUE has Googlie eyes for and has molded monsters and approaches the game with preparation on a level 99% of the world is clueless towards,that has been calling plays since college isn't good enough for us right now? Smh. And when u say supposedly do you not feel that giving Mario 85 million and rad 3 a year proves we're taking this serious? That's not a commitment? This fanbase kills me. This is exactly why I said people need to stay out of the coaching part while he finishes with the staff. Y'all literally just guessing how this is gonna go and everyone on here already complaining. Sad
okay so with that thinking I guess you want clint hurtt to be our DC? I mean after all he's been in the league with top coaches for years

I mean think about what you type man

What do you mean style of play? He’s gonna run an offense he’s familiar with. All you have to do is watch the Bills and the the panthers during Cam’s MVP season. Most of ethers supposed questions can be answered if you used a bit of common sense.

Screenshot_20220109-200435.webp

Screenshot_20220109-200444.webp

Advertisement
Back