All-Time Miami Hurricanes Draft - D$ selects Shakespeare/JL

Advertisement
I see a possible run of offensive linemen coming. Sands is right, Jim Otto is arguably the most prolific offensive lineman in UM history. But you know who's right behind him? It's not Bryant McKinnie. No, it's my next pick. Dennis Harrah.

Who? Some of you young fellers may not recognize the name, so I'll make it very simple.

1974 All American
6 time Pro Bowler
7 time NFL All Pro
11th overall pick in the first round
UM Iron Arrow Inductee
Member of the All-Time Los Angeles/St. Louis Rams team
1989 Inductee to the UM Hall of Fame

This guy's nickname was Hercules and for a good reason. He was athletic, versatile, and dominant. He was an All American as a tackle and a Pro Bowler as a guard. He paved the way for Eric ****erson in his prime as a Ram and retired as one of the greatest linemen ever, and no one will be surprised when Canton comes calling.

Could I have potentially taken him later on? Yes. But with Otto, Searcy, and McKinnie off the board, elite offensive linemen are going to become scarce soon at a position where we're going to need to draft 30 guys between us. Harrah gives me the elite anchor I need.

GREAT PICK. Maybe the best so far. Hannah compares favorably to Searcy in many ways, especially in the NFL where when it comes to pro bowls- LS only went to one where DH went to 6 and was a 7 time all pro. In addition to that lauded '74 All AMerican season at UM where he was considered the best OL in America, he was also honorable mention AA in 73 as well and is often mentioned as a guy who should already be in the NFL HOF. He's just from that forgotten period in Cane football. If he plays in the 80's he goes a lot sooner. Nice grab. There are four elite OL and they are now all gone.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Pure strategy play here in terms of the order of my next two picks, as I'm working off of Larry's ability to **** up my plans, so with the 3rd round pick, I'm going with a complete gamechanger. The position may have some depth, but not with guys of his physical dominance:

WR, Andre Johnson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gkp6ZqzMpdQ

Last edited:
I see a possible run of offensive linemen coming. Sands is right, Jim Otto is arguably the most prolific offensive lineman in UM history. But you know who's right behind him? It's not Bryant McKinnie. No, it's my next pick. Dennis Harrah.

Who? Some of you young fellers may not recognize the name, so I'll make it very simple.

1974 All American
6 time Pro Bowler
7 time NFL All Pro
11th overall pick in the first round
UM Iron Arrow Inductee
Member of the All-Time Los Angeles/St. Louis Rams team
1989 Inductee to the UM Hall of Fame

This guy's nickname was Hercules and for a good reason. He was athletic, versatile, and dominant. He was an All American as a tackle and a Pro Bowler as a guard. He paved the way for Eric ****erson in his prime as a Ram and retired as one of the greatest linemen ever, and no one will be surprised when Canton comes calling.

Could I have potentially taken him later on? Yes. But with Otto, Searcy, and McKinnie off the board, elite offensive linemen are going to become scarce soon at a position where we're going to need to draft 30 guys between us. Harrah gives me the elite anchor I need.

GREAT PICK. Maybe the best so far. Hannah compares favorably to Searcy in many ways, especially in the NFL where when it comes to pro bowls- LS only went to one where DH went to 6 and was a 7 time all pro. In addition to that lauded '74 All AMerican season at UM where he was considered the best OL in America, he was also honorable mention AA in 73 as well and is often mentioned as a guy who should already be in the NFL HOF. He's just from that forgotten period in Cane football. If he plays in the 80's he goes a lot sooner. Nice grab. There are four elite OL and they are now all gone.

There's no way you would have gotten a chance at him, because I was going with him in Round 4.

Pure strategy play here in terms of the order of my next two picks, as I'm working off of Larry's ability to **** up my plans, so with the 3rd round pick, I'm going with a complete gamechanger. The position may have some depth, but not with guys like of his physical dominance:

WR, Andre Johnson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gkp6ZqzMpdQ

Another great pick. I would have gone Harrah and AJ with these two slots too. You guys are on schedule.

Advertisement

In the third round, Larry selects...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBUTLbeqQK8

College Football Hall of Famer, University of Miami Hall of Famer (1998) and Ring of Honor Inductee, National Champion, Two Time All-American, Jim Thorpe Award Winner...Ft. Lauderdale's own...

34.jpg

Bennie Blades (1985-1987)

Jesus, Larry. I didn't think you'd go two safeties. I said what I said about the order of my picks because of that exactly. Not gonna lie, I think it makes your team a lot weaker than it should be, but it keeps me from my optimal plan.

2 Safeties (a position of relative depth) in the first 3 rounds of an all-time draft is a little over the top, sir.

Advertisement
The Stubbs pick was expected. That Bennie Blades pick is Larry trolling his *** off. F'in guy.

For the first bunch of rounds, I'm going best available player.

Ain't no reaching on Team Larry early on.

The two players I was going to take legitimately went in the two of the last three picks...so, I took the next two guys on my board. I had Stubbs even with another player...we'll see if he makes it to my next pick.

I will say this though, ain't nobody passing on me.

Advertisement
****'s getting competitive. Lucane is in my friggen head. I was going to try to snatch Dre up if he fell to me. Now I'm scrambling over options here.

For the first bunch of rounds, I'm going best available player.

Ain't no reaching on Team Larry early on.

The two players I was going to take legitimately went in the two of the last three picks...so, I took the next two guys on my board. I had Stubbs even with another player...we'll see if he makes it to my next pick.

I will say this though, ain't nobody passing on me.

Your secondary is assured GOATness.

Please don't provide lists of players not taken.

Thanks, mang.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Back