All-Time Miami Hurricanes Draft - D$ selects Shakespeare/JL

Advertisement
With only 6 people participating, and more than 6 quality UM qb's out there, taking a QB with the first pick doesn't seem like the best of moves. Just my two cents.

With only 6 people participating, and more than 6 quality UM qb's out there, taking a QB with the first pick doesn't seem like the best of moves. Just my two cents.

Kelly
Kosar
Testaverde
Walsh
Torretta
Erickson
Dorsey

Man has a point.

I just want to thank you guys for allowing us to comment on your little insider club game.

/gfy

Advertisement

It's a fair point and something I considered, but I wanted to lock down my guy. We are talking about an NFL HOFer, so his talent merited the pick irrespective of position.

Would have been real interesting to see what he did with elite skill position talent around him.

D$- with talent abundant at the skill positions, you should always take a playbook from the greats (Parcesll, Jimmy Johnson etc.) and build your interior lines first. Al Davis would stock up the skill players and you see how bad the Raiders have been for the last 10 years or so.

****, D, took Kelly, who was going to be my first pick. Honestly, if QB is the most important position in football, why not take the most gifted one( and perhaps the best we've ever had and IMO, the most important player in this programs history)

Ok, so moving forward, I will take Ray Lewis to anchor my defense up the middle

29.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
****, D, took Kelly, who was going to be my first pick. Honestly, if QB is the most important position in football, why not take the most gifted one( and perhaps the best we've ever had and IMO, the most important player in this programs history)

While that is a wise selection, Ray, or any other LB for that matter, wouldn't be effective without some prime beef up front. If Jerome Brown is still on the board after the first round, I declare all of you participants to be unworthy of even an inconsequential mock draft. Blasphemous i say.

Advertisement
Sands takes OLB/DE Ted Hendricks with the third pick. Born in Guatamala, the Mad Stork played his HS FB in Florida, and is considered one of the best HS FB players ever from the State of Florida. A three time All-American, he is a member of the College Football Hall of Fame and the NFL Hall of Fame. There is even a CFB award named after him (honoring the best DE in CFB). Hendricks played LB in the pros and is a true combo/hybrid DE/OLB. He's easily the best OLB and the best DE ever from UM.

30.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

While that is a wise selection, Ray, or any other LB for that matter, wouldn't be effective without some prime beef up front. If Jerome Brown is still on the board after the first round, I declare all of you participants to be unworthy of even an inconsequential mock draft. Blasphemous i say.
In fairness to my esteemed colleague K9, anytime you have the chance to draft the best defensive player in the history of football, you take him. That he's also the best leader in the history of football just makes it easier.

Jerome was my first thought too, but then I considered that our depth at DT is a lot greater than at other positions and I wasn't sure any mo'...

Advertisement
I hereby declare it a rule that when a pick is made there must be a picture included to make this thread less boring.

In fairness to my esteemed colleague K9, anytime you have the chance to draft the best defensive player in the history of football, you take him. That he's also the best leader in the history of football just makes it easier.

With all due respect, if you are talking about UM Football(and forgive me if we're not), JB is the BEST defensive player and BEST leader whilst wearing a UM uni. Ray would assume those titles in the NFL. I'd even say that while playing for UM,Hendricks, Reed and Dan Morgan were more impactful and one could make a case for Sean Taylor, Russel Maryland and Don Latimer as well.

Advertisement

With all due respect, if you are talking about UM Football(and forgive me if we're not), JB is the BEST defensive player and BEST leader whilst wearing a UM uni. Ray would assume those titles in the NFL. I'd even say that while playing for UM,Hendricks, Reed and Dan Morgan were more impactful and one could make a case for Sean Taylor, Russel Maryland and Don Latimer as well.

Therein lies the issue that needs to be clarified in this debate. It needs to be settled whether we're talking about college career or total career (college and pros).

While Lewis isn't a lineman, he undoubtedly is one of the best players ever. He is the best ever at his position. Taking him this high is not a gamble. He is a coach ion the field and a great leader of men. The chance to grab this level of talent is very hard to pass up.

I too like the Hendricks pick as well. He was just unreal in his time. A guy to play the OLB and check a TE and also get a free run to the QB from the outside, he would cause havoc every down.

Advertisement
Back