All-Time Miami Hurricanes Draft - D$ selects Shakespeare/JL

With my next pick, I'm giving Jim Kelly the most explosive playmaker I ever saw at Miami. A sick competitor who could catch, run routes, go up and get the football and return punts.

Santana Moss, WR

Advertisement
This next pick involves some strategy. Not only is this guy a monster talent, but he is one of the last dominant DTs left on the board. To pair with Russell Maryland, I select:

Vince Wilfork, DT

Alright, I'll draft D later on, but I'm going all in offensively. Im going with Eddie Brown, who makes an argument for being the best WR ever out of Miami( based on his play in Coral Gables). He made soooo many key plays in the 83 dream season and followed that up with perhaps the most dynamic WR season any Hurricane has ever had

Alright, I'll draft D later on, but I'm going all in offensively. Im going with Eddie Brown, who makes an argument for being the best WR ever out of Miami( based on his play in Coral Gables). He made soooo many key plays in the 83 dream season and followed that up with perhaps the most dynamic WR season any Hurricane has ever had

Nice value pick.

Advertisement
Dammit mayne who's holding us up. Ethnic? I saw you in this thread 5 mins ago!

/This **** is addictive
//And competitive, I get legitimately upset with someone steals my pick.

Advertisement
Y'all got a clock on this thing, or what?

I've been clicking refresh to see when I can make my **** picks. This Sands fellow must be busy working or some other useless nonsense.

and andre johnson over irvin..

What? Andre Johnson was not picked over Michael Irvin. You read from bottom to top, sir?

36.jpg

There are currently 5 users browsing this thread. (5 members and 0 guests)
Tano, devilspartan, Canekong, Ethnicsands

37.jpg

Advertisement
Dammit mayne who's holding us up. Ethnic? I saw you in this thread 5 mins ago!

/This **** is addictive
//And competitive, I get legitimately upset with someone steals my pick.

Sorry, trying to do this from road.

Very upset about Wilfork going. Wanted him for his ability and pro performance. Didnt take him yet though because his actual performance at UM compared to the guys who have gone, and several guys still on the board, was just too far off. He's a guy who will look great on D$'s team though. Thats what makes this tough, and subjective.

With my next pick, sands selects Eddie Edwards. An all-american defensive end and winner of the jack harding memorial award as the mvp of the Canes, Edwards was the third overall pick in the 1977 NFL draft. He played 12 seasons for the Bengals, and was an All-Pro. He holds the franchise record for sacks and recovered 17 fumbles in his career. With all due respect to dan stubbs, edwards is the best DE ever from Miami. (Hendricks played Lb in the pros.)

Last edited:
I was hoping Edwards would fall. I should have known better by now that he wouldn't.

I gotta be honest, I think I put together a good group of six guys...the fact that I actually thought the likes of Jim Otto, Dennis Harrah, and Eddie Edwards would fall to my "next pick" and they are picked up right before me is a testament to that.

Good work, fellas.

Advertisement
Damnit, Tano. I have a few minutes here and then there's gonna be a significant delay.

Lu, send me your pick if you're gonna bounce and Tano's not around. You can do a little write up later and just edit it in.

Vilma! Jon Vilma!

[video=youtube;vzp1rxGz4TY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzp1rxGz4TY[/video]
[video=youtube;BFp3xgaIfEE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFp3xgaIfEE[/video]

With three middle linebackers off the board, I think I'm in a good position now to take the last of the elite middle linebackers left. What good is having two amazing penetrating defensive tackles if you don't have anyone to clean up after them? Let's quickly go over Vilma's accomplishments:

3x All Big East Selection, First Team
Butkus Award Semifinalist (2002) and Finalist (2003)
Academic Heisman finalist, 2003 (lol)
1st Round Draft Pick
NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year, 2004
3x NFL Pro Bowler

That's unparalleled. He's heady, smart, and a leader. And aside from that, he'll put a bounty on your *** if you act a fool.
Lastly, he's a G.W. Carver Hornet. Hornets 4 life yo.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back