All-Time Miami Hurricanes Draft - D$ selects Shakespeare/JL

Advertisement
That's a heck of an offensive line you've built up there in terms of size, my boy.

Lucane is building his line up, with three very solid offensive linemen. I'm going to take this in a different direction but I definitely need some more offensive firepower. With that said, I'm going to use my next pick on a four time pro bowl selection, a former All Pro, All Big-East selection, a Mackey award finalist, and a first team All American. He led the best team in college football history in receiving in 2001, when he caught 45 balls for 604 yards and 8 TDs.

His name is JEREMY SHOCKEY, TIGHT END

[video=youtube;swD_Ca61fUY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swD_Ca61fUY[/video]

Lucane is building his line up, with three very solid offensive linemen. I'm going to take this in a different direction but I definitely need some more offensive firepower. With that said, I'm going to use my next pick on a four time pro bowl selection, a former All Pro, All Big-East selection, a Mackey award finalist, and a first team All American. He led the best team in college football history in receiving in 2001, when he caught 45 balls for 604 yards and 8 TDs.

His name is JEREMY SHOCKEY, TIGHT END

[video=youtube;swD_Ca61fUY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swD_Ca61fUY[/video]

Your future QB thanks you.

Advertisement
FALSSE STARTT >>>LOL
So far, the draft has gone back and forth amongst the typical path. I promised to shake this up with a specific plan. While certainly not the best player on the board right now, he's up there in terms of relative value because of the scarcity of his position.

- He's the highest drafted exterior linemen rated on the board.
- He played a full season out of position at Miami when he was forced to play LT.
- Similarly to Vernon Carey, he can be a mauler at RT - the position he basically played (because his QB was lefty) during his superb rookie season - or can move inside to Guard. He could be selected to a couple Pro Bowls.

I could have gone with a couple guys (one in particular who had more accolades as a college player) who are around the same level as OTs, but none of them have the versatility that he has to play RT or LG or RG.

Who is this guy?

RT/OG, ORLANDO FRANKLIN

40.jpg

REFLAGGED

FALSSE STARTT >>>LOL
So far, the draft has gone back and forth amongst the typical path. I promised to shake this up with a specific plan. While certainly not the best player on the board right now, he's up there in terms of relative value because of the scarcity of his position.

- He played a full season out of position at Miami when he was forced to play LT.
- Similarly to Vernon Carey, he can be a mauler at RT - the position he basically played (because his QB was lefty) during his superb rookie season - or can move inside to Guard. He could be selected to a couple Pro Bowls.

I could have gone with a couple guys (one in particular who had more accolades as a college player) who are around the same level as OTs, but none of them have the versatility that he has to play RT or LG or RG.

Who is this guy?

RT/OG, ORLANDO FRANKLIN

40.jpg

REFLAGGED

No, sir. Doesn't need an early jump if he's not playing LT!

DELUSIONNS BEET ILLOOSIONS >>> LOL
FALSSE STARTT >>>LOL

Who is this guy?

RT/OG, ORLANDO FRANKLIN

40.jpg

REFLAGGED

No, sir. Doesn't need an early jump if he's not playing LT!

REPROOTED

Lu, in all seriousness, you and me both raved about OF when he was a recruit. But despite his physical ability, and even allowing for the coaching train wreck he played through, he just wasnt that good. Waaaaaay too many mental errors. JMO. Had him lower on my chart.

Advertisement
Lu, in all seriousness, you and me both raved about OF when he was a recruit. But despite his physical ability, and even allowing for the coaching train wreck he played through, he just wasnt that good. Waaaaaay too many mental errors. JMO. Had him lower on my chart.

He was solid here and has shown himself in the NFL. He had a very, very good year. Did you have a chance to check him out? I'm drafting the team as a hybrid college production/potential and NFL production/potential. When some of the other guys go off the board, I'll explain why he's more valuable.

With his next pick in the draft, Sands selects the first-team All American, two-time national champion, NFL all pro safety, Darryl Williams. The fourth of four great UM safeties. And a hily underappreciated one at that.

I find it curious that some of my colleagues are selecting quarterbacks and receivers. I encourage them to throw in the direction of Sean Taylor and Darryl Williams.

He was solid here and has shown himself in the NFL. He had a very, very good year. Did you have a chance to check him out? I'm drafting the team as a hybrid college production/potential and NFL production/potential. When some of the other guys go off the board, I'll explain why he's more valuable.

If you're going off NFL production, i dont object. Ive long thought he had HOF ability. But i've tried to balance nfl and UM. And theres probably no one on anyone's board who did less at UM, relative to this caliber of player we're discussing. There's no answer and i do think he could have done more in a different role. But ****, all i see is your team getting two false starts and punting on third and thirty. You better take feagles with your next pick.

Last edited:
Advertisement
OK, I gotta start going defense, and I need some big guys up front. I'm going with Damione Lewis- quite frankly, I need some DT's upfront. I know he isn't great, but quite frankly this is a need pick. Lewis was never great, was hurt that he didn't have much help around him but he was very good in the latter part of his last year at UM was good enough to be a first round pick and have a long NFL career

Advertisement
Ok, well, keeping up with my promise of fortifying my D, I'm taking perhaps the most consistently good UM corner throughout a career, Ryan McNeil, who was All-American caliber in 91 and 92 and had a long NFL career. McNeil was always very reliable, had good size and physicality and rarely got beat, ever. He was as reliable as the sun rising

Ok, well, keeping up with my promise of fortifying my D, I'm taking perhaps the most consistently good UM corner throughout a career, Ryan McNeil, who was All-American caliber in 91 and 92 and had a long NFL career. McNeil was always very reliable, had good size and physicality and rarely got beat, ever. He was as reliable as the sun rising

Good pick. Top UM CB, IMO.

Mcneil would have been my next pick.

Agree. Many like Rolle though.

Advertisement
Back