All-Time Miami Hurricanes Draft - D$ selects Shakespeare/JL

Lu, in all seriousness, you and me both raved about OF when he was a recruit. But despite his physical ability, and even allowing for the coaching train wreck he played through, he just wasnt that good. Waaaaaay too many mental errors. JMO. Had him lower on my chart.

He was solid here and has shown himself in the NFL. He had a very, very good year. Did you have a chance to check him out? I'm drafting the team as a hybrid college production/potential and NFL production/potential. When some of the other guys go off the board, I'll explain why he's more valuable.

If you're going off NFL production, i dont object. Ive long thought he had HOF ability. But i've tried to balance nfl and UM. And theres probably no one on anyone's board who did less at UM, relative to this caliber of player we're discussing. There's no answer and i do think he could have done more in a different role. But ****, all i see is your team getting two false starts and punting on third and thirty. You better take feagles with your next pick.

I'm kind of balancing the NFL and college thing. It's hard not to do so anyway. And, again, you saw a lot of false starts from OF because the guy was playing LT in an offense running deep 7-step drops. On this team and at his max, he's simply a mauler and potentially an inside guy. I like him a lot. I think he can see a few Pro Bowls.

The funny thing is that, had I not taken him, I virtually guarantee he's starting at LT for someone's squad on here.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Ok, well, keeping up with my promise of fortifying my D, I'm taking perhaps the most consistently good UM corner throughout a career, Ryan McNeil, who was All-American caliber in 91 and 92 and had a long NFL career. McNeil was always very reliable, had good size and physicality and rarely got beat, ever. He was as reliable as the sun rising

Good pick. Top UM CB, IMO.

Agree. Many like Rolle though.

Ya. I think it's Mcneil, though.

Okay, sands follows Lu in going for a change-up of sorts. A really valuable guy. A really, really valuable guy considering what's left at his position. Sands selects the two-time all-big east, All-American, first round pick and 3x all-pro TE, Bubba Franks.

Shocked and I mean shocked a certain player is still available. With what's off the board it amazing he is still there.

Lu, in all seriousness, you and me both raved about OF when he was a recruit. But despite his physical ability, and even allowing for the coaching train wreck he played through, he just wasnt that good. Waaaaaay too many mental errors. JMO. Had him lower on my chart.

He was solid here and has shown himself in the NFL. He had a very, very good year. Did you have a chance to check him out? I'm drafting the team as a hybrid college production/potential and NFL production/potential. When some of the other guys go off the board, I'll explain why he's more valuable.

If you're going off NFL production, i dont object. Ive long thought he had HOF ability. But i've tried to balance nfl and UM. And theres probably no one on anyone's board who did less at UM, relative to this caliber of player we're discussing. There's no answer and i do think he could have done more in a different role. But ****, all i see is your team getting two false starts and punting on third and thirty. You better take feagles with your next pick.

I'm kind of balancing the NFL and college thing. It's hard not to do so anyway. And, again, you saw a lot of false starts from OF because the guy was playing LT in an offense running deep 7-step drops. On this team and at his max, he's simply a mauler and potentially an inside guy. I like him a lot. I think he can see a few Pro Bowls.

The funny thing is that, had I not taken him, I virtually guarantee he's starting at LT for someone's squad on here.

I thought i had him pretty high on my board because he's versatile (OG or RT) and a mauler. I just couldnt take him this high because my eyes still sting from all his penalties. I get the theory. I really do. Maybe i don't forgive as well as you. Or forget. Or project. He's physically great on anyone's line. Until he has to come to a set and stay there.

/rubs eyes
//repeat

Advertisement
Ok, well, keeping up with my promise of fortifying my D, I'm taking perhaps the most consistently good UM corner throughout a career, Ryan McNeil, who was All-American caliber in 91 and 92 and had a long NFL career. McNeil was always very reliable, had good size and physicality and rarely got beat, ever. He was as reliable as the sun rising

Good pick. Top UM CB, IMO.

Agree. Many like Rolle though.

Ya. I think it's Mcneil, though.

As I said, I am on board, but its a fun debate as they are such different types of players.

I have to go with jessie armstead here. 5x pro bowler, 4x all pro, and who knows how great he could have been if he hadnt tore his knee up. Not many guys with those credentials left.

I have to go with jessie armstead here. 5x pro bowler, 4x all pro, and who knows how great he could have been if he hadnt tore his knee up. Not many guys with those credentials left.

3X HS AA, Texas state champ!:-)

2 rings at UM too. Bermuda Triangle, man. Those are my years at UM. I have a lot of love for Armstead. And he was a great NFL LB. As you said, 5 pro bowls. Nice pick. Great value here.

Strong pick. He was part of the best college lb crew ever. And the best pro out of the group. Not that far off of HOF level. If nfl counts here, then he's the best UM OLB outside of Hendricks.

I was going to take him. You beat me out again.

Advertisement
Too much value to pass up right now.

CB, Duane Starks.

41.jpg

With the last pick in the 7th round, Larry selects...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7Qya1uVY4o

Miami Hall of Famer and Ring of Honor inductee Miami's All-Time Leading Rusher, Arizona Cardinal's All-Time Leading Rusher, All-American, Pro Bowler, All-Pro, Super Bowl MVP, NFL Rookie of the Year, NFL Comeback Player of the Year

42.jpg

Ottis "OJ" Anderson (1975-79)

Advertisement

With the first pick in the 8th round...

43.jpg

Miami Hall of Fame, Miami Ring of Honor Inductee, All-American.

Burgess Owens (1969-72)

44.jpg

Last edited:

With the last pick in the 7th round, Larry selects...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7Qya1uVY4o

Miami Hall of Famer and Ring of Honor inductee Miami's All-Time Leading Rusher, Arizona Cardinal's All-Time Leading Rusher, All-American, Pro Bowler, All-Pro, Super Bowl MVP, NFL Rookie of the Year, NFL Comeback Player of the Year

42.jpg

Ottis "OJ" Anderson (1975-79)
**** you. ****. ****. ****. ****. ****.

Advertisement
Former 1st Round pick, UM record 15 sacks his senior season, and 1st team All-American. Wasn't going to wait for another swing for this guy. He's a great complement to Tez Kennedy:

DT, Don Latimer

45.jpg

Now is as good a time as any to take a top ten talent and holder of the biggest offensive season in UM history. Willis McGahee. No telling how good he could have been in the nfl if he hadnt injured the knee. 6'1" 220 lbs 4.3 40 28 TDs 1700+ yards rushing. A workhorse for my offense. Could have gone with other picks bufmt i feel a halfback run coming.

Now is as good a time as any to take a top ten talent and holder of the biggest offensive season in UM history. Willis McGahee. No telling how good he could have been in the nfl if he hadnt injured the knee. 6'1" 220 lbs 4.3 40 28 TDs 1700+ yards rushing. A workhorse for my offense. Could have gone with other picks bufmt i feel a halfback run coming.

You are a thorn in my side. Dammit.

How did McHeisman last? Best season ever at RB. Mr. Bailout. Weird science prototype.

There are a few guys who haven't been drafted that are mind-boggling.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back