2018 nfl combine thread

Advertisement
Walton will be a late round draft pick or FA after that time. He is undersized that doesn't have the speed.

I’ve always been a believer that if you get to the 6th round you’re better off not getting drafted.The money in the 6th round is minimal and by going UFA you have 32 teams( I think there’s 32 ..lol) to choose from to put yourself in the best situation for you or at least have a choice between the SEVERAL teams that call as opposed to being drafted into a situation that gives you a much smaller shot at sticking.

But that’s just my uneducated old *** opinion.

Advertisement
Calvin Ridley with a horrendous combine. Someone with his athletic profile at his age has never had success in the NFL. Comps include players like Sammie Stroughter.

Some people really looking like buffoons in DraftMedia. If you've got players like Calvin Ridley, Hayden Hurst, Orlando Brown at the top of your positional boards, I don't want to hear from you. Your takes stink. The athletic testing just confirms sub-standard play from these guys in the first place. Ridley has ALWAYS been age advanced and while he's a good, solid player, he's never flat out dominated...his age adjusted production has always been pretty poor. Orlando Brown was always a big flat sloppy mess. College football has tons of these types every year and they always flop in the NFL if they even got a chance. He's one of the worst athletic testers in the history of the combine, to boot. Hayden Hurst is another advanced age below average athlete that wasn't exactly dominant in college.

Calvin Ridley with a horrendous combine. Someone with his athletic profile at his age has never had success in the NFL. Comps include players like Sammie Stroughter.

Some people really looking like buffoons in DraftMedia. If you've got players like Calvin Ridley, Hayden Hurst, Orlando Brown at the top of your positional boards, I don't want to hear from you. Your takes stink. The athletic testing just confirms sub-standard play from these guys in the first place. Ridley has ALWAYS been age advanced and while he's a good, solid player, he's never flat out dominated...his age adjusted production has always been pretty poor. Orlando Brown was always a big flat sloppy mess. College football has tons of these types every year and they always flop in the NFL if they even got a chance. He's one of the worst athletic testers in the history of the combine, to boot. Hayden Hurst is another advanced age below average athlete that wasn't exactly dominant in college.

Good post. You use this site? https://3sigmaathlete.com/rankings/wide-receiver/

40 for OL doesn't matter but the vert shows your explosiveness. It's a safe way to test the squat.

20 yard shuttle is a good drill with a nice indicator of success.

With that said, some guys that look great via this indicator James Daniel (confirmation), Austin Corbett (again, confirmation), Kolton Miller (confirmation that he's insanely athletic, but his tape is inconsistent), Joe Noteboom (one of the guys to really watch moving forward...tested great, tape is solid), Brian O'Neill (watch out for this guy...confirmation of athletic tackle prospect, really good developmental tackle prospect w good enough tape).

Advertisement

Been following Whitman for years. He's not the only guy that gets really into athletic testing metrics. There are a few dudes that have been in the online draft "community" for a long time (dating as far back as the footballsfuture forum days) that have put an emphasis on certain athletic testing metrics for positional strengths/weaknesses and they have such a high hit rate or are such an indicator of success that its tough to ignore when evaluating players. When guys test BAD...like BAD BAD...its more of an indicator then when someone tests GREAT. There are certain thresholds for certain positions that just have such a high correlation to success you need to make note of those players after the combine. Far too many times people focus on 40 times, which is the least relevant measure. You need to break down the 40 to the 10 yard slit and the Fast-20 to get real measures from that test.

Did Chris Herdnon run or do any drills? I’d love to see him on the Dolphins with a 4th Rd pick

Been following Whitman for years. He's not the only guy that gets really into athletic testing metrics. There are a few dudes that have been in the online draft "community" for a long time (dating as far back as the footballsfuture forum days) that have put an emphasis on certain athletic testing metrics for positional strengths/weaknesses and they have such a high hit rate or are such an indicator of success that its tough to ignore when evaluating players. When guys test BAD...like BAD BAD...its more of an indicator then when someone tests GREAT. There are certain thresholds for certain positions that just have such a high correlation to success you need to make note of those players after the combine. Far too many times people focus on 40 times, which is the least relevant measure. You need to break down the 40 to the 10 yard slit and the Fast-20 to get real measures from that test.

The nature of the draft process in general is crossing guys off lists moreso than ranking everyone into a massive board. I've been around since nfldraftcountdown and footballsfuture so I think I know who you're referring to.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back