2018 nfl combine thread

Advertisement
I actually intended to say BESIDES running backs and actually edited that back in. trust me, I am on team go pro if you are a running back, and am in full support of the decision by Walton to come out this year.
oh. well i mean i don't think it was a bad decision for Rj Mcintosh to declare early, and I see the 3rd round as the very earliest he could go. more likely hes a day 3 draft pick though. I don't think it was a bad decision though because you gotta take everything into account. He got an extremely high amount of reps this past season and he had a great year. Next year he was going to get a reduced amount of snaps dude to Willis returning, and that could have led to he (or willis) even playing out of position if he returned and Norton didn't. So I think it was a good decision for McIntosh to leave early

norton yeah that was just a terrible decision. hes 6th round to undrafted. Could go either way.

btw Walton below average in EVERY combine drill.

avg: 40= 4.53...bench=20.4...vert=35.1"...broad=9'11"

Walton: 40=4.60...bench=18...vert=31.5"...broad=9'10"

Three of the four items there are effected by his ankles.I think he will be a lot better come his proday and will get better by the week.Having said that,as deep as this class is,I don’t see him sniffing the first 4-5 rounds.

Because of those ankles and his measurables I think he goes 6th or UFA.....But saying that I think somebody will get a steal there because he IS going to get better as time goes by especially Once e gets to a pro teams training staff and Drs.plus the kid is a ST demon.

UM players make horrible decisions every year to leave early. Walton being injury prone probably should have left but he will not be in the league long.

Three of the four items there are effected by his ankles.I think he will be a lot better come his proday and will get better by the week.Having said that,as deep as this class is,I don’t see him sniffing the first 4-5 rounds.

Because of those ankles and his measurables I think he goes 6th or UFA.....But saying that I think somebody will get a steal there because he IS going to get better as time goes by especially Once e gets to a pro teams training staff and Drs.plus the kid is a ST demon.
he wont be undrafted.
dont see him getting out of the 6th round even.
this draft is deep, but he's definitely a top15 rb in this class.
2017 had 30 Rbs/fb drafted
2016 had 23
2015 had 22
2014 had 22
2013 had 26
2012 had 21.
2011 had 29
2010 had 16.

So there is about zero chance he goes undrafted.

Advertisement
Barkley got those Ki-Jana Carter calves, so the 41" vert makes sense.

Walton did fine at the Combine, especially considering his injury. He'll be a 4th-5th Rd pick.

He made a good decision to turn pro, unlike our DTs. He wasn't going to improve his draft stock by coming back, and RBs have a short shelf life so you have to go. Sony Michel is a bad comparison, because Sony got paid a ****load of $ to stay for his senior year by GA boosters.

Walton also may have been 3rd string behind Homer and Lingard, two guys who are just more physically talented, so no problem with him leaving

btw Walton below average in EVERY combine drill.

avg: 40= 4.53...bench=20.4...vert=35.1"...broad=9'11"

Walton: 40=4.60...bench=18...vert=31.5"...broad=9'10"
Though his combine showing was VERY underwhelming, he is one of those guys that will out work the individuals at his position that have more talent than he possess.

Here's to hoping that he will be drafted higher than his performance may suggest is suitable for him.

The kid has been through a lot and was forced to take on responsibilities, as a college student, that no one should have to bear. I am pulling for this kid to have much success in life. It's beyond deserved.

Advertisement
Though his combine showing was VERY underwhelming, he is one of those guys that will out work the individuals at his position that have more talent than he possess.

Here's to hoping that he will be drafted higher than his performance may suggest is suitable for him.

The kid has been through a lot and was forced to take on responsibilities, as a college student, that no one should have to bear. I am pulling for this kid to have much success in life. It's beyond deserved.

Wish I could give more thumbs up. 100% right.

ay man im with you. I think at worst he could be a pro bowl special teams player. And he's going to be ready to play as a 3rd down back immediately cause hes a good blocker in the backfield.

that doesn't change the fact his below average athleticism limits his Potential and his draft stock. Thats what brock doesn't get by proclaiming Dalvin Cook was a better PROSPECT than Barkley is. it just makes no sense.

Advertisement
ay man im with you. I think at worst he could be a pro bowl special teams player. And he's going to be ready to play as a 3rd down back immediately cause hes a good blocker in the backfield.
Agreed. I would add that he also has incredible balance which typically translates to great yards after contact stats.

Advertisement
40 doesn't matter for any position...look at the composite athletic testing scores. Being a sigma athlete and SPARQ monster is cool, but outside of edge rusher, its not really an indicator of success.

Advertisement
Back