Woodrey needs to be moved..

Oh, I know HE is the same. That's the problem.

So it's a problem that he employs sound baseball strategies that have won him national championships and has us in 1st place in the ACC again? A national seed again?

That's a problem?

Regular season accomplishments. Then we send Woodrey out there in a Super Regional and you people are talking about 2017 and what a great regular season we just had. It's like clockwork.

Advertisement
So we keep running him out there on Friday nights to lose 12-1. Like it's a federal law that we have to use the same rotation all year.

That's probably because there's a much larger sample size of him being good than of him having 6 or so bad starts this year. The calculation is that he's a veteran and there's a better chance that he'll work it out then Lepore being great against weekend competition this late in the year.

So which is it going to be, Brian:

I was right and you were wrong, and Jim Morris has now confirmed it by removing Woodrey from the rotation, or...
I was wrong and you were right, and now Jim Morris is making a huge mistake.

Will be waiting.

So which is it going to be, Brian:

I was right and you were wrong, and Jim Morris has now confirmed it by removing Woodrey from the rotation, or...
I was wrong and you were right, and now Jim Morris is making a huge mistake.

Will be waiting.

How about neither.

I didn't endorse either move. I merely made a observation about why Woodrey was still in the rotation as of the Georgia Tech series. We clearly had a Friday problem and if he is indeed out of the rotation it's a move to correct that.

That's called rationality.

Why, then, when I said that exact same thing, did you write a dissertation telling me why I was wrong to question Jim Morris?

You are wrong to question him.

But I didn't take either side in the Woodrey debate. I said the situation was bad and that my guess was that he was still in the rotation because of his seniority and his track record.

This is all posted for you to see.

Advertisement
Hey Jagr - Haywood had a GREAT night for the Braves of Oz tonight...... He went 16 for 8..........

Sorry about your beloved Rambling Wreck losing this past weekend. Your disappointment resulting from the Canes' victory is palpable!

So when I question him, and three days later he does exactly what I said he should do, I was still wrong. Got it.

How do you question someone who did exactly what you wanted?

Your claim would have merit if you differed on something and you proved to be right (which hasn't happened yet).

Advertisement
So when I question him, and three days later he does exactly what I said he should do, I was still wrong. Got it.

How do you question someone who did exactly what you wanted?

Your claim would have merit if you differed on something and you proved to be right (which hasn't happened yet).

Bad post. I questioned him, you defended him. THEN (as in "later" or "after I questioned him") he did exactly what I said he should have done. Now I agree that he made the right call, and I am on record as making that suggestion before it actually happened.

The toughest part for you is admitting that I was right. It is similar to the feeling you are going to have in June when we face a good hitting team that doesn't have Georgia Tech's pitchers and you are scrambling to defend the coaches while raising an RPI banner.

Oh wow, good for you. You were right 1 time out of the hundreds of times you've been wrong

Congrats, here's a cookie

Cookie.webp

Advertisement
THEN (as in "later" or "after I questioned him") he did exactly what I said he should have done. Now I agree that he made the right call, and I am on record as making that suggestion before it actually happened.

Are you seriously under the impression that you were the only person who thought Woodrey should be moved?

If so you are more delusional than I thought.

The toughest part for you is admitting that I was right. It is similar to the feeling you are going to have in June when we face a good hitting team that doesn't have Georgia Tech's pitchers and you are scrambling to defend the coaches while raising an RPI banner.

I love the qualifications you keep making.

First Louisville was going to have their way with us. Then they didn't. Now Georgia Tech was good hitting team but bad pitching so that doesn't count.

It seems the only games that count are the ones that support your conclusions. Every other game is either too early or meaningless.

I love the qualifications you keep making.

First Louisville was going to have their way with us. Then they didn't. Now Georgia Tech was good hitting team but bad pitching so that doesn't count.

It seems the only games that count are the ones that support your conclusions. Every other game is either too early or meaningless.

The games that count are played in late May and early June. That's when Georgia Tech's pitchers are playing in the Alaska Summer League and Florida's pitchers are striking out 12 of our hitters.

But RPI and Coastal.

Advertisement
The games that count are played in late May and early June.

Except you were ready to pounce after the Louisville series before you knew the result. Once the Canes won it suddenly became meaningless.

By the way Louisville is 1st in the ACC in batting average and ERA.

Miami has beaten every kind of team this year.

So your only recourse now is to employ the 'only games that count are in June' argument.

But RPI and Coastal.

Another one of your brilliant arguments.

Miami can't possibly win postseason games during the regular season. You agree that it's impossible, right?

So right now the best they can do is win the Coastal, Win the ACC and have the highest RPI possible so they can get a national seed.

I'm judging them based on what they can actually accomplish at this point of the season. You are being unreasonable as usual.

The games that count are played in late May and early June.

Except you were ready to pounce after the Louisville series before you knew the result. Once the Canes won it suddenly became meaningless.

By the way Louisville is 1st in the ACC in batting average and ERA.

Miami has beaten every kind of team this year.

So your only recourse now is to employ the 'only games that count are in June' argument.

Miami beat every kind of team last year. And in 2008. And then we were exposed. Clockwork.

But RPI and Coastal.

Another one of your brilliant arguments.

Miami can't possibly win postseason games during the regular season. You agree that it's impossible, right?

So right now the best they can do is win the Coastal, Win the ACC and have the highest RPI possible so they can get a national seed.

I'm judging them based on what they can actually accomplish at this point of the season. You are being unreasonable as usual.

As usual you miss the point.

You still talk about the RPI and Coastal from LAST YEAR. That's your banner. And that's what you will say in June when we're not playing anymore. RPI and Coastal.

Advertisement
Back