Woodrey needs to be moved..

Advertisement
We've also won the whole thing with that same kind of pitchers.

In other words.........."but 2001". We know.

We haven't won the thing in 15 years, and we have not competed in Omaha in 15 years. Ya think that maybe it's time to re-evaulate the things that made us successful in 2001? Maybe times have changed?

Advertisement
So we only disagree about 2015, the team that lost to Florida twice by double digits. That team could have won the CWS. Mmmhmmm.

Of course.

Match-ups matter. Timing matters.

I'm the one who said that matchups matter, so thanks for agreeing with me. We don't have the pitching to compete in Omaha. So when we face a good hitting team in Omaha (shocking, I know), we get hit and lose. Not sure where the confusion is.

Oh, I get it with the "matchups". If we could have played Columbia and Virginia Commonwealth in Omaha, we could have won the CWS. I see.

Why not go after power arms that can have success instead of the 85 mph lefties who get tattooed by Florida?

Who do you think is a better pitcher? Danny Garcia or Keven Pimentel?

You just helped me highlight the problem. We just don't recruit good pitchers, period.

What was my whole point? Our pitching doesn't do well against good hitting teams because they feast on that soft-tossing garbage. And here we are watching Georgia Tech take batting practice against Garcia.

Advertisement
We haven't won the thing in 15 years, and we have not competed in Omaha in 15 years.

Your definition of compete is so bizarre.

In 2006 we beat the national champion 11-1 and then lost to Rice by one run after Jon Jay grounded into a DP with RISP.

But we didn't compete.

Advertisement
Just stop arguing with Jagr. He hates Miami and doesn't respond to anything with a rational argument.

For some weird reason, he's protected by the mods, even though he does everything possible to ruin this board

2nd fewest losses of any team in the country. Team is a lot of fun to watch. Only a real miserable person would be complaining.

Advertisement
Just stop arguing with Jagr. He hates Miami and doesn't respond to anything with a rational argument.

For some weird reason, he's protected by the mods, even though he does everything possible to ruin this board

I don't break any board rules. In the meantime, I could print ten pages of the personal attacks against me. If you want to complain to the mods, let's open up the entire dialogue to scrutiny.

We just don't recruit good pitchers, period.

We finished 28th in ERA in 2014. We were 27th in 2015.

We've basically been a top 30 pitching team for a several years.

But we don't recruit good pitchers.

Good grief man. Do you know anything?

Awesome, we have a great ERA against a cotton candy schedule. That ERA worked wonders for us against Florida.

We haven't won the thing in 15 years, and we have not competed in Omaha in 15 years.

Your definition of compete is so bizarre.

In 2006 we beat the national champion 11-1 and then lost to Rice by one run after Jon Jay grounded into a DP with RISP.

But we didn't compete.

Unfortunately, you were unable to find an example from 2007-2015.

Advertisement
Back