Woodrey needs to be moved..

Advertisement
What's funny is watching you people try to rebound for seven months like you've had to do for the past 15 years.

And then you follow it up by reinforcing the national championship standard that you've been denying all along.

That's probably your worst post ever. And that's saying something.

We have not finished higher than T-5th in the last 15 years, so you know where you can stick your "championship or bust" crusade. There has not been one finish in the last 15 years where we could even say that we're proud of how they competed.

Seriously, if you have to make stuff up to argue against, you're probably already defeated.

He's 5-4 but every Friday game seems to be a toss up when he's on the mound, don't know why Morris hasn't tried to move him back in the rotation or to the pen like he was 2 years ago. He's been seriously inconsistent against good teams...the only two games he won were Clemson on the 25th(gave up 2) and North Carolina on the 1st(gave up 2)
maybe hes going for sure wins on saturday and sunday

Hopefully that's not the case, because that is what they do at programs like Duke. The University of Miami should have three starting pitchers that are good enough to run out there with a traditional #1 , #2 , and #3 . But tuition.

The big question is where are they going to pencil Woodrey in for the regionals? Which game do you want him pitching if there is always the chance of him getting lit up?

Advertisement
My post isn't emotional, it was made after about 10 Woodrey starts.

He isn't getting the job done, he is our worst pitcher of the top 7 or so guys that pitch the most.

He needs to be relegated to midweek starter, and if he is not, he needs to start pitching much much better.

We have not finished higher than T-5th in the last 15 years, so you know where you can stick your "championship or bust" crusade.

My crusade?

You're the one who keeps bringing up 15 years. Not me. Not anybody else. Whenever somebody takes apart your criticisms you fall back on that charge.

Seriously, if you have to make stuff up to argue against, you're probably already defeated.

This is comical.

The only person in this thread who has been proven to make stuff up is you.

Should I begin listing the instances?

Last edited:
Advertisement
The University of Miami should have three starting pitchers that are good enough to run out there with a traditional #1 , #2 , and #3.

Woodrey had a 2.80 career ERA coming into this season. He was very good last year in his first season as a starter. If he was pitching to his averages we'd have a very good 3-man rotation.

So in other words his 2016 has been outlier.

We have not finished higher than T-5th in the last 15 years, so you know where you can stick your "championship or bust" crusade.

My crusade?

You're the one who keeps bringing up 15 years. Not me. Not anybody else. Whenever somebody takes apart your criticisms you fall back on that charge.

Exactly, we have not finished higher that T-5th for 15 straight years. I didn't pull that number out of thin air. You're the only one who keeps bringing up championships. Find for me the last time that Duke basketball went 15 straight years without getting to the final four teams in the tournament.

Football hasn't won a bowl game in a decade, baseball hasn't won two games in Omaha in 15 years, but "they expect us to win the championship every year". As though there isn't anything in between.

Exactly, we have not finished higher that T-5th for 15 straight years. I didn't pull that number out of thin air. You're the only one who keeps bringing up championships. Find for me the last time that Duke basketball went 15 straight years without getting to the final four teams in the tournament.

15 years ago is when we last won the championship. So you're exactly right. You didn't make that number up. It fits perfectly in your championship standard.

The University of Miami should have three starting pitchers that are good enough to run out there with a traditional #1 , #2 , and #3.

Woodrey had a 2.80 career ERA coming into this season. He was very good last year in his first season as a starter. If he was pitching to his averages we'd have a very good 3-man rotation.

So in other words his 2016 has been outlier.

So we keep running him out there on Friday nights to lose 12-1. Like it's a federal law that we have to use the same rotation all year.

But random events.

Advertisement

15 years ago is when we last won the championship. So you're exactly right. You didn't make that number up. It fits perfectly in your championship standard.

It fits into my "win two games and act like we belong" standard as well.

But Texas Tech.

Find for me the last time that Duke basketball went 15 straight years without getting to the final four teams in the tournament.

The equivalent achievement in baseball is the College World Series. We've been there 5 times since 2001.

I don't care about what Duke basketball has done but they've only made the Elite 8 (number of team equivalent to CWS) four times since 2001.

baseball hasn't won two games in Omaha in 15 years, but "they expect us to win the championship every year". As though there isn't anything in between.

You've already proven that pretty much nothing is satisfactory to you except '15 years ago' and winning the championship.

National seeds (2003, 2004, 2008, 2015) and CWS appearances (2003, 2004, 2006, 2008, 2015) aren't good enough.

Somehow winning 2 games in Omaha is some kind of mythic achievement.

Advertisement
Find for me the last time that Duke basketball went 15 straight years without getting to the final four teams in the tournament.

The equivalent achievement in baseball is the College World Series. We've been there 5 times since 2001.

I don't care about what Duke basketball has done but they've only made the Elite 8 (number of team equivalent to CWS) four times since 2001.

Right, finishing in the top 8 is equivalent to finish in the top 4. Until, of course, you bring up the top 8 in basketball too. Only when defending Jim Morris.

I love how you leave out the facts that Duke has been to three final fours and won two titles in that same time frame.

But Gino.

baseball hasn't won two games in Omaha in 15 years, but "they expect us to win the championship every year". As though there isn't anything in between.

You've already proven that pretty much nothing is satisfactory to you except '15 years ago' and winning the championship.

National seeds (2003, 2004, 2008, 2015) and CWS appearances (2003, 2004, 2006, 2008, 2015) aren't good enough.

Somehow winning 2 games in Omaha is some kind of mythic achievement.

It is an achievement. It puts you into your bracket final with a shot to get to the final series. Going out there and immediately falling into the losers bracket is not an achievement.

And no, national seeds and "getting there" is not good enough.

Do you have an exact date when you became happy with just "getting there"?

So we keep running him out there on Friday nights to lose 12-1. Like it's a federal law that we have to use the same rotation all year.

That's probably because there's a much larger sample size of him being good than of him having 6 or so bad starts this year. The calculation is that he's a veteran and there's a better chance that he'll work it out then Lepore being great against weekend competition this late in the year.

Advertisement
Back