Woodrey needs to be moved..

It's better to lose early and have to win four straight games on your side of the bracket than to win the first two games.

Nobody ever said that.

You also never said anything about winning the first two games. You said two games total. Maybe you just realized that there are different paths to 2 wins. Not all of them are equal.

Winning two games ALWAYS gets you into the bracket final. And then we can just "figure it out".

But we're always back at home by the time the bracket final is played.

Advertisement
Instead of trying to "figure it out" against the best teams in college baseball, why don't we build a team that can win it without us having to figure stuff out in June?

Herein lies your main problem.

We've had several of those. You can build a team capable of winning and not win. Especially in baseball.

You're just playing the result and then claiming that we didn't have teams good enough to win it.

Cool. We'll just "figure it out once we get there". How is that philosophy working out?

For the most part pretty well.

I wouldn't change the last 23 years (or 50 for that matter) for anything.

Would you?

I have no qualms with the first half of Jim Morris' career. He was the goods, and it wasn't because things just fell his way. He and his staff built those teams. But they have not built those teams lately. The "figure it out in Omaha" plan doesn't work (and hasn't worked) when the opponents have top tier pitching while we don't. And that goes back to recruiting and the off-season, not bad luck.

Instead of trying to "figure it out" against the best teams in college baseball, why don't we build a team that can win it without us having to figure stuff out in June?

Herein lies your main problem.

We've had several of those. You can build a team capable of winning and not win. Especially in baseball.

You're just playing the result and then claiming that we didn't have teams good enough to win it.

Then we just disagree. The teams of the last decade, with the exception of 2008, were not capable of winning the CWS. Not even last year's team, and not this year's team.

Advertisement
Why not go after power arms that can have success instead of the 85 mph lefties who get tattooed by Florida?

Who do you think is a better pitcher? Danny Garcia or Keven Pimentel?

Pimentel can touch 94-95 but apparently can't pitch a lick.

I love when clueless people like you start getting into strategy and tactics. It's always laughable.

LMAO. Yeah, he's been lights out in that regard.

He has actually.

Won his first 13 regionals using the same philosophy.

14 of his first 15.

15 of his first 17.

16 in 22 overall years.

He's not using a different philosophy than he did back then. Somehow you think it's a losing philosophy which is both bizarre and incorrect.

You have to win two games to win the bracket. If he coached to "win the bracket", he would occasionally win two games, no?

But the order of those wins matters.

If you lose one of the first two games your chances are much smaller.

Yeah and he's won 2 games or more games 5 times in Omaha. I'd consider that at least occasionally wouldn't you?

Advertisement
Why not go after power arms that can have success instead of the 85 mph lefties who get tattooed by Florida?

Who do you think is a better pitcher? Danny Garcia or Keven Pimentel?

Pimentel can touch 94-95 but apparently can't pitch a lick.

I love when clueless people like you start getting into strategy and tactics. It's always laughable.

So you're comparing two guys and making a broad statement like that? Pathetic.

Go back and look at the highlights of Florida lighting up our starters.

You really don't know this game.

LMAO. Yeah, he's been lights out in that regard.

He has actually.

Won his first 13 regionals using the same philosophy.

14 of his first 15.

15 of his first 17.

16 in 22 overall years.

He's not using a different philosophy than he did back then. Somehow you think it's a losing philosophy which is both bizarre and incorrect.

He hasn't "won his bracket" in 15 years.

But 2001.

I have no qualms with the first half of Jim Morris' career. He was the goods, and it wasn't because things just fell his way. He and his staff built those teams.

He and his staff built teams good enough to get to Omaha 6 straight years but only one of them cashed in.

Was there not some luck involved? Good and bad?

1996 ring a bell?

1998 being the most stacked team ever and going 1-2.

The reason they had so much success is that they kept getting there! They kept putting themselves in position to cash in or take advantage of a break or two.

Advertisement
You have to win two games to win the bracket. If he coached to "win the bracket", he would occasionally win two games, no?

But the order of those wins matters.

If you lose one of the first two games your chances are much smaller.

Yeah and he's won 2 games or more games 5 times in Omaha. I'd consider that at least occasionally wouldn't you?

Not in the last 15 years, he hasn't. 1994 - 2001 = occasionally won two games in Omaha. 2002 - 2015 = never won two games in Omaha.

But you think he's the same today.

The reason they had so much success is that they kept getting there! They kept putting themselves in position to cash in or take advantage of a break or two.

Again...."but 1999".

Do you ever get tired of ignoring the fact that none of these philosophies have worked out for 15 straight years.

Then we just disagree. The teams of the last decade, with the exception of 2008, were not capable of winning the CWS. Not even last year's team, and not this year's team.

You have every right to be wrong.

The 2004, 2008 and 2015 teams could have won the championship.

They just didn't.

Advertisement

You have every right to be wrong.

The 2004, 2008 and 2015 teams could have won the championship.

They just didn't.

2004 isn't in the last decade, and I said that 2008 was the exception. So we only disagree about 2015, the team that lost to Florida twice by double digits. That team could have won the CWS. Mmmhmmm.

So you're comparing two guys and making a broad statement like that? Pathetic.

That's all that's required to refute a stupid claim like the one you made.

Just because we haven't had a flamethrower in the rotation therefore is means that we don't recruit them.

Silly.

Just like your claim that since we haven't won the championship we therefore haven't had a team capable of winning it.

More silliness.

Go back and look at the highlights of Florida lighting up our starters.

Comical.

So to refute my point (the one you claimed was a small sample size) you use two games from June 2015 to make your point.

We've also won the whole thing with that same kind of pitchers.

Alex Faedo: 6.1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 12 K
Danny Garcia: 5.1 IP, 7 H, 4 R, 2 BB, 1 K

But somehow you brought Kevin Pimentel into this.

Advertisement
Back