Woodrey needs to be moved..

That is factually incorrect.

Dallas Baptist: # 2 RPI, 2nd in Missouri Valley
Texas A&M: # 6 RPI, 3rd in SEC

NC State: #7 RPI, 4th in ACC

Virginia: #7 RPI, 4th in ACC

Clemson: # 7 RPI, 6th in ACC
Georgia Tech: # 8 RPI, 2nd in ACC

I could do this for days. Do you want me to continue?

You're clueless.

You have two top RPI's without the conference finish in 2015. I have 18 conference leaders without the RPI in 2015. You don't want to go down this road.

Advertisement
Would you like for me to list the conference champions who were not national seeds while teams that finished 2nd or 3rd were national seeds? Serious question.

It's about RPI and Conference Standing.

And the split is pretty close.

If your statement was correct (that it's almost entirely about the RPI) then the # 6, # 7 and # 8 teams would be national seeds, what, 75% or 80% of the time?

What's the real figure?

25 out of 51.

Or 49%.

You're just wrong clown.

If your statement was correct (that it's almost entirely about the RPI) then the # 6, # 7 and # 8 teams would be national seeds, what, 75% or 80% of the time?

What's the real figure?

25 out of 51.

Or 49%.

No kidding, because those teams finished lower in their conference. You think they're going to give the SEC five national seeds?

Advertisement
No kidding, because those teams finished lower in their conference. You think they're going to give the SEC five national seeds?

And no kidding a team with an RPI of 23 isn't going to be a national seed.

The difference is that I already knew that. You apparently just found out about conference standing.

All 18 of them? Compared to your 2?

I don't know why you stopped at 18. There are 31 conferences and only 8 teams can be national seeds.

So therefore you could claim at least 24 examples.

It doesn't matter. It's faulty logic regardless.

Incorrect. You said it was based on conference standing, but some of the conference leaders did not get into the tournament at all.

Sorry I had to explain that to you.

Incorrect. You said it was based on conference standing, but some of the conference leaders did not get into the tournament at all.

Again.

What. Are. You. Talking. About?

I said the national seeds are determined by RPI and Conference Standing.

They are.

You can't dispute something that's a fact.

Advertisement
RPI
Wins vs RPI top 50
Wins vs RPI 51-100
RPI SOS
Non-conference RPI
Non-conference RPI SOS
Conference RPI
Conference standings

In other words, almost entirely about the RPI. The only thing that sneaks in there is where you finish in your conference.

RPI
Wins vs RPI top 50
Wins vs RPI 51-100
RPI SOS
Non-conference RPI
Non-conference RPI SOS
Conference RPI
Conference standings

In other words, almost entirely about the RPI. The only thing that sneaks in there is where you finish in your conference.

The top two are RPI and Conference Standing. Everything else is secondary or used to break ties.

You said that it's almost entirely RPI which isn't true.

Less than half (49%) of # 6, # 7 and # 8 RPI teams are national seeds.

Your math is faulty.

Advertisement
Sorry, but after the "Howland" comment, why would anyone argue with the guy. He cannot even comprehend basic mathematics, let alone statistics. You are 100% correct Brian, but when someone boasts rudimentary knowledge of simple probability concepts, it is pointless to argue with them....

He will probably respond "like you know statistics"... Let me save you some time Bozo, I have a Masters in Statistics from Northwestern, so yes I do.

Advertisement
Sorry, but after the "Howland" comment, why would anyone argue with the guy. He cannot even comprehend basic mathematics, let alone statistics. You are 100% correct Brian, but when someone boasts rudimentary knowledge of simple probability concepts, it is pointless to argue with them....

He will probably respond "like you know statistics"... Let me save you some time Bozo, I have a Masters in Statistics from Northwestern, so yes I do.

Oh, wow, we're so impressed.

Poetic justice!!!

Chester just ruined Jagr's night!!!

Hilarious!!!

Or was it Howland who hit the homerun!!!! Either way, the jackass just kicked the television in frustration!

Advertisement
Back