Woodrey needs to be moved..

If RPI isn't the overwhelming factor, how would you break it down with conference standing? 50/50?

I don't know for sure if it's 50/50 but it's somewhere close.

NC State (# 6) Ole Miss (# 7) and Clemson (# 9) have almost no chance of being national seeds because of their conference standing.

In your world they would 'almost entirely' be locks.

Advertisement
Hey, why isn't Southern Miss predicted to be a national seed? Leading their conference, 34-14 record. Seems like everything is good except.....

You're shifting your argument as usual.

There are examples for days of teams with the proper RPI and bad conference standing or vice versa.

You gave an 'almost' absolute and were wrong.

Just admit it.

I know it hurts, but go ahead and admit that they aren't a national seed because of their RPI.

Why would that hurt? It's true. I know it.

But that doesn't mean that is 'almost entirely' about RPI because there are just as many examples of teams with good RPI's and bad conference standing.

Hey, why isn't Southern Miss predicted to be a national seed? Leading their conference, 34-14 record. Seems like everything is good except.....

You're shifting your argument as usual.

There are examples for days of teams with the proper RPI and bad conference standing or vice versa.

You gave an 'almost' absolute and were wrong.

Just admit it.

Except that in all of my examples that you can't refute, the teams are missing the RPI. You find one per year where a team finishes 7th in their conference and think that you proved something.

Advertisement
Miami finished three games out of 1st place in their conference. The difference? Conference RPI. Yep, there's that acronym again.

We finished 3 games behind a team that was also a national seed. Ironically they were 11th in the RPI. If it was 'almost entirely' about the RPI they would have been out.

And, no, it doesn't take the RPI to know that the 2nd place team in the Missouri Valley shouldn't be a national seed.

So they have everything but the RPI, and they aren't going to be a national seed because of that, but it's not "almost entirely" about the RPI?

No because if they had the RPI and not the Conference Standing they wouldn't be a national seed either.

Dallas Baptist last year and several teams this year (Clemson, NC State, Ole Miss) qualify.

Louisville didn't have the RPI last year but won the ACC Regular Season by 3 games.

Your examples are laughable.

Advertisement
How is Texas A&M being mentioned as a national seed? They are in 3RD PLACE in their conference!!!

Probably because they're a 1/2 game out of 1st place with 6 games left.

But maybe you're confused with 'being mentioned' and actually being a national seed.

Advertisement
Advertisement
That is factually incorrect.

Dallas Baptist: # 2 RPI, 2nd in Missouri Valley
Texas A&M: # 6 RPI, 3rd in SEC

NC State: #7 RPI, 4th in ACC

Virginia: #7 RPI, 4th in ACC

Clemson: # 7 RPI, 6th in ACC
Georgia Tech: # 8 RPI, 2nd in ACC

I could do this for days. Do you want me to continue?

You're clueless.

That is factually incorrect.

Dallas Baptist: # 2 RPI, 2nd in Missouri Valley
Texas A&M: # 6 RPI, 3rd in SEC

NC State: #7 RPI, 4th in ACC

Virginia: #7 RPI, 4th in ACC

Clemson: # 7 RPI, 6th in ACC
Georgia Tech: # 8 RPI, 2nd in ACC

I could do this for days. Do you want me to continue?

You're clueless.

Would you like for me to list the conference champions who were not national seeds while teams that finished 2nd or 3rd were national seeds? Serious question.

Would you like for me to list the conference champions who were not national seeds while teams that finished 2nd or 3rd were national seeds? Serious question.

No because I know why they weren't national seeds.

Do you know why the above teams weren't national seeds?

Serious question because you seem to be utterly lost.

Advertisement
Back