Woodrey needs to be moved..

Advertisement
Miami beat every kind of team last year. And in 2008. And then we were exposed. Clockwork.

We had the best team in 2008. A team can lose and not be exposed. You need to start understanding how competitive athletics work.

Last year we lost to probably the best team. Again that's not being exposed.

Last edited:
You still talk about the RPI and Coastal from LAST YEAR.

And the College World Series.

They won in the regular season and the postseason.

In terms of accomplishments the only thing they didn't do is win the whole thing.

That of course makes them losers in your eyes.

Awesome, we have a great ERA against a cotton candy schedule. That ERA worked wonders for us against Florida.

SOS
2014: 26th
2015: 7th
2016: 3rd

This year we're in the # 1 RPI Conference and we're in the top 40 in ERA.

But cotton candy schedule....

You're fooled by a whole lot of games against teams that will not make the post-season. We won't see Virginia Tech and Duke in a Super Regional or CWS. Jim Morris won't get last year's gift every year.

Miami beat every kind of team last year. And in 2008. And then we were exposed. Clockwork.

We had the best team in 2008. A team can lose and not be exposed. You need to start understanding how competitive athletics work.

Last year we lost to probably the best team. Again that's not being exposed.

The "best team" last year went 1-2 when they weren't playing against Jim Morris.

When you go 15 years and always seem to run into "hot teams" or "better teams", the reality is that your team is built for regular season success. Then you get exposed in the post-season.

Advertisement
You still talk about the RPI and Coastal from LAST YEAR.

And the College World Series.

They won in the regular season and the postseason.

In terms of accomplishments the only thing they didn't do is win the whole thing.

That of course makes them losers in your eyes.

We won in the post-season?

#137 FIU
#53 Columbia
#53 Columbia (lost)
#53 Columbia
#68 Virginia Commonwealth
#68 Virginia Commonwealth
#1 Florida (lost)
#21Arkansas
#1 Florida (lost)

Yeah, we really showed the country how good we were in the post-season.

You're fooled by a whole lot of games against teams that will not make the post-season.

How am I fooled? I didn't come up with the SOS formula.

ISR-based SOS
2014: 10th
2015: 29th
2016: 28th

Any way you slice it we haven't played a cotton candy schedule.

Last edited:
Advertisement
When you go 15 years and always seem to run into "hot teams" or "better teams", the reality is that your team is built for regular season success.

That's a complete non sequitur.

In a double elimination baseball tournament the best team can fail to win it 15 years in a row. There's no law of the baseball universe that says the best team must win every 15 years or so.

Advertisement
You're fooled by a whole lot of games against teams that will not make the post-season.

How am I fooled? I didn't come up with the SOS formula.

ISR-based SOS
2014: 10th
2015: 29th
2016: 28th

Any way you slice if we haven't played a cotton candy schedule.

You can give me all the strength of schedule ratings you want. The truth is that we feast on teams that aren't going to do a thing in the post-season. Georgia Tech, for example, certainly adds to our strength of schedule rating. But the fact is that their pitching sucks and they will do absolutely nothing in a regional.

When we inevitably run into this year's Florida, or Texas Tech, or Stony Brook, or whichever team just happens to be "clicking" when they play us, that phony SOS ranking will do nothing for us.

Advertisement
When you go 15 years and always seem to run into "hot teams" or "better teams", the reality is that your team is built for regular season success.

That's a complete non sequitur.

In a double elimination baseball tournament the best team can fail to win it 15 years in a row. There's no law of the baseball universe that says the best team must win every 15 years or so.

Easy, straw man. We have been the "best team" once in those 15 years. The other 14 times we were nothing close to the "best team" because of something we lacked: pitching, hitting, defense.

I know, I know. Luck. Random. Except when Jim Morris used to win in the post-season, and then it was because he was a man among boys. But when Jim Morris loses over and over.....Luck. Random.

Yeah, we really showed the country how good we were in the post-season.

A completely irrelevant statement. As if that's the goal.

A team proves how good they are during the 60 game regular season. A champion is crowned in the postseason.

In a division with 300 teams with hardly any regional crossover, no one shows how good they are in the regular season except within a conference which makes up 3% of the country. One would think that we would learn that after "winning the Coastal" and then getting decimated by Texas Tech and Florida.

The truth is that we feast on teams that aren't going to do a thing in the post-season.

Again this means nothing.

Virginia only beat one team last year (Miami) that did 'something' in the postseason.

They were swept by Virginia Tech! They actually lost 2 of 3 to a worse Georgia Tech team last year.

It didn't mean anything at the end.

Advertisement
Back