Woodrey needs to be moved..

Well if it wasn't random wouldn't the 'best' team (or 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th) win it, you know, occasionally?

They do. The problem is that you think the ISR and RPI are gospel in telling us who the best team is instead of telling us who had the best season, which is what those programs actually do.

Advertisement
The only reason we even starting talking about "randomness" is because it was the only way you could defend the last decade under Jim Morris. But now you don't want to talk about Jim Morris. I take that as a surrender.

I explained a couple of our postseason losses as random (over a 10 years span) and you went berserk and wouldn't drop it.

That's why this topic came up.

Now we're talking about the broader issue of randomness in the NCAA Tournament and, yep, you still can't get off Jim Morris .

Considering that we've lost more than "a couple" of post-season games over a 10 year span, are you ready to admit that in the second half of Jim Morris' career, he hasn't delivered?

Right so way before our current digression on random national champions.

12:46 PM: "Or maybe you can explain why the best team never wins the College World Series."
12:46 PM: "The best team never wins. Forget just us. Any best team in any season."
12:49 PM: "The game of baseball lends itself to a lot of randomness. That's where the fluky results come from in June."
1:20 PM: "This is simple a dodge because you can't explain (using your limited knowledge) why Virginia (2014), Fresno State (2008), UCLA (2013), Arizona (2012), etc. won the championship."
1:24 PM: "Because his postseason career consists of 150 games at Miami."

I think my work here is done. You might be the most fraudulent guy on the board. Maybe we're all falling for a masterful troll job. Either way, you obviously can't be taken seriously.

Again I'm still going to respond to your posts about Miami and/or Jim Morris.

But I think I was very clear at 12:46 PM that it's a broader issue. Not just about Miami.

Advertisement
Right so way before our current digression on random national champions.

12:46 PM: "Or maybe you can explain why the best team never wins the College World Series."
12:46 PM: "The best team never wins. Forget just us. Any best team in any season."
12:49 PM: "The game of baseball lends itself to a lot of randomness. That's where the fluky results come from in June."
1:20 PM: "This is simple a dodge because you can't explain (using your limited knowledge) why Virginia (2014), Fresno State (2008), UCLA (2013), Arizona (2012), etc. won the championship."
1:24 PM: "Because his postseason career consists of 150 games at Miami."

I think my work here is done. You might be the most fraudulent guy on the board. Maybe we're all falling for a masterful troll job. Either way, you obviously can't be taken seriously.

Again I'm still going to respond to your posts about Miami and/or Jim Morris.

But I think I was very clear at 12:46 PM that it's a broader issue. Not just about Miami.

Yes, it was. Which is why your Jim Morris quote wasn't "way before" the broader issue.

I caught you in a lie. Man up.

They do. The problem is that you think the ISR and RPI are gospel in telling us who the best team is instead of telling us who had the best season, which is what those programs actually do.

No they don't.

We can use any measure you want too.

# 1 National seeds are 1-for-17 in winning the national championship (Miami in 1999 was only winner).
# 2 National seeds are 2-for-17 in winning the national championship (LSU in 2000 and Miami in 2001).
# 3 National seeds are 1-for-17 in winning the national championship (LSU in 2009).

Notice a trend?

And the ISR does purport to tell us who the best team is. I know this because I actually read and follow Boyd Nation.

Considering that we've lost more than "a couple" of post-season games over a 10 year span, are you ready to admit that in the second half of Jim Morris' career, he hasn't delivered?

In those cases I said we lost to better teams. So, yes. If by not winning he didn't deliver then that would be case.

But because he's an adult and not a whining child he set about fixing the problem.

Which our results indicate he has.

Advertisement

No they don't.

We can use any measure you want too.

# 1 National seeds are 1-for-17 in winning the national championship (Miami in 1999 was only winner).
# 2 National seeds are 2-for-17 in winning the national championship (LSU in 2000 and Miami in 2001).
# 3 National seeds are 1-for-17 in winning the national championship (LSU in 2009).

Notice a trend?

And the ISR does purport to tell us who the best team is. I know this because I actually read and follow Boyd Nation.

National seeds are based almost entirely on the RPI, which does not claim to tell us who the best team is. Good effort, though.

I caught you in a lie. Man up.

No you didn't.

Just because you lie constantly doesn't mean that I do too.

Lame. Was your quote about Jim Morris before or after we started talking about national champions? Go on record, because I have evidence of you saying both. Pick one so we can expose you and end this sub-section of the bigger conversation.

Advertisement
Lame. Was your quote about Jim Morris before or after we started talking about national champions? Go on record, because I have evidence of you saying both. Pick one so we can expose you and end this sub-section of the bigger conversation.

We had clearly moved on to this topic and you were still obsessed with Jim Morris and Stony Brook.

Get a grip.

You can't argue on this because you're inept.

"The ISR's are the results of an algorithm designed to measure the quality of a team's season to date by combining their winning percentage with the difficulty of their schedule."

It measures the quality of the season, not the quality of the team. If you have a link to a Boyd Nations quote that says otherwise, I would love to see it. But since you're a liar and a fraud, I'm sure you will figure out a way to change the subject.

We had clearly moved on to this topic and you were still obsessed with Jim Morris and Stony Brook.

But you said your quote was "way before" we moved on to the topic of randomness in national champions. I showed that it was after we started that discussion. Is it that difficult to say "my bad, I forgot that I responded one more time about Jim Morris"?

Advertisement
It measures the quality of the season, not the quality of the team. If you have a link to a Boyd Nations quote that says otherwise, I would love to see it. But since you're a liar and a fraud, I'm sure you will figure out a way to change the subject.

Once again I actually interacted with Boyd frequently on the old Rivals board many years ago. He did say the ISR was a strength measure. In fact it's in the name too.

But I'm talking to a guy who thought the ISR was created by Massey and thought the RPI awarded bonus points for margin of victory.

In other words a complete rube.

Once again I actually interacted with Boyd frequently on the old Rivals board many years ago. He did say the ISR was a strength measure. In fact it's in the name too.

But I'm talking to a guy who thought the ISR was created by Massey and thought the RPI awarded bonus points for margin of victory.

In other words a complete rube.

Oh how convenient. He said it on a message board but you can't find it. Even though the description on the actual site says something different.

But you said your quote was "way before" we moved on to the topic of randomness in national champions. I showed that it was after we started that discussion. Is it that difficult to say "my bad, I forgot that I responded one more time about Jim Morris"?

Again I already said I was going to respond to all of your digressions.

That doesn't mean I hadn't moved on to educating you on the broader topic. It's actually much more interesting than debating whether Jim Morris is one of the winningest postseason coaches. He just is. Move on.

Advertisement
Back