Woodrey needs to be moved..

So now you're cherry picking when you apply the ISR as a legitimate tool for determining the best team.

What are you talking about?

I always cite the ISR.

No you're back to just making stuff up.

So a team that is called the #8 team by the ISR doesn't have the talent to legitimately win the title. Thanks. I'm just compiling examples of your lack of baseball knowledge.

Advertisement
But I like how you're trying to now take this off Jim Morris, as though he hasn't been the center of our entire discussion. Slick. But it shows that you know that you backed yourself in the corner.

This is broader concept we're talking about now.

You don't even know what randomness is but you want to dismiss it out of hand.

You're also using Jim Morris to cover for your incompetence on this issue.

We can talk about Fresno State. The other two don't apply.

A 21 RPI and 37 ISR team doesn't apply.

That says all we need to know about you.

Being stuck on computer numbers shows that you don't watch the games or understand what's happening on the field. You keep looking at those numbers while the baseball people look at Virginia's roster.

But the really smart people think it's just "random" that we consistently lose to good teams in the post-season. "But...but...we played them real close in February!!! And......TUITION!!!!"

Smart people understand what randomness is and can make judgments.

Dumb people like you bring up tuition and other nonsense to change the subject.

You're as clueless as anybody I've ever debated on this topic.

Utterly lost.

Advertisement
But the really smart people think it's just "random" that we consistently lose to good teams in the post-season. "But...but...we played them real close in February!!! And......TUITION!!!!"

Smart people understand what randomness is and can make judgments.

Dumb people like you bring up tuition and other nonsense to change the subject.

You're as clueless as anybody I've ever debated on this topic.

Utterly lost.

First line of defense when embarrassed? PERSONAL INSULTS!

Playing Florida close in February = Miami has a good team, well managed.

Getting obliterated by Florida (or Stony Brook) in June = Random. Nothing we could do.

But I like how you're trying to now take this off Jim Morris, as though he hasn't been the center of our entire discussion. Slick. But it shows that you know that you backed yourself in the corner.

This is broader concept we're talking about now.

You don't even know what randomness is but you want to dismiss it out of hand.

You're also using Jim Morris to cover for your incompetence on this issue.

The only reason we even starting talking about "randomness" is because it was the only way you could defend the last decade under Jim Morris. But now you don't want to talk about Jim Morris. I take that as a surrender.

When we get slaughtered by Florida, it's because our pitching wasn't built for the big stage, not because of a "lack of pattern" or "unpredictability".

The Canes are 12-6 vs. the top 20. That's the most wins in the country.

We actually played 3 games against said team and didn't get slaughtered. But if we play them in June and do get slaughtered you will chalk it up to the 'big stage' like all morons do.

But we're not talking about Miami or Jim Morris.

What a fraud.

Advertisement
Oh my. You are just outing yourself. Anyone who watched the season knows that Virginia hit a wall right in the middle.

They lost 4 in a row from March 11-15.

They lost 3 in a row from March 21-24.

They lost 4 in a row from April 1-5.

They lost 3 out of 4 from April 26-May 9.

They lost 3 in a row at the ACC Tournament.

They were on a 3 game losing streak going into the NCAA Tournament.

#2 pre-season coming off a #2 finish, but they weren't good enough to win the championship. You never cease to amaze around here.

A 34-22 team that was a # 2 seed on the road shouldn't win the national championship in any predictable sport or tournament.

But the NCAA baseball tournament is not predictable.

It's random.

Oh my. You are just outing yourself. Anyone who watched the season knows that Virginia hit a wall right in the middle.

They lost 4 in a row from March 11-15.

They lost 3 in a row from March 21-24.

They lost 4 in a row from April 1-5.

They lost 3 out of 4 from April 26-May 9.

They lost 3 in a row at the ACC Tournament.

They were on a 3 game losing streak going into the NCAA Tournament.

So your big point is that they lost three games on the least meaningful weekend of the year.

Try this: evaluate their roster for me and tell me that they did not have the team to beat anyone in the country.

Advertisement
#2 pre-season coming off a #2 finish, but they weren't good enough to win the championship. You never cease to amaze around here.

A 34-22 team that was a # 2 seed on the road shouldn't win the national championship in any predictable sport or tournament.

But the NCAA baseball tournament is not predictable.

It's random.

Of course it is. It's all random. Unless Jim Morris wins.

Advertisement
Right so way before our current digression on random national champions.

12:46 PM: "Or maybe you can explain why the best team never wins the College World Series."
12:46 PM: "The best team never wins. Forget just us. Any best team in any season."
12:49 PM: "The game of baseball lends itself to a lot of randomness. That's where the fluky results come from in June."
1:20 PM: "This is simple a dodge because you can't explain (using your limited knowledge) why Virginia (2014), Fresno State (2008), UCLA (2013), Arizona (2012), etc. won the championship."
1:24 PM: "Because his postseason career consists of 150 games at Miami."

I think my work here is done. You might be the most fraudulent guy on the board. Maybe we're all falling for a masterful troll job. Either way, you obviously can't be taken seriously.

The only reason we even starting talking about "randomness" is because it was the only way you could defend the last decade under Jim Morris. But now you don't want to talk about Jim Morris. I take that as a surrender.

I'm more than willing to talk about Jim Morris.

But this is a bigger issue that you're struggling with.

Let me try to relay the message to you in a way that you'll understand.

Earlier you mentioned that even if it was random wouldn't Miami 'randomly' win it occasionally.

Well if it wasn't random wouldn't the 'best' team (or 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th) win it, you know, occasionally?

I explained a couple of our postseason losses as random (over a 10 years span) and you went berserk and wouldn't drop it.

That's why this topic came up.

Now we're talking about the broader issue of randomness in the NCAA Tournament and, yep, you still can't get off Jim Morris .

Advertisement
Back