Witchita State is a scary team

Advertisement
Jekiri is so awful

Today was a good example of who he is.

1-3 from the field (1-2 from near the basket) and 1-4 from the line. He also committed 2 dumb fouls off the ball or away from the rim.

He shouldn't touch the ball on offense except face up at the rim or when setting high screens or resetting the ball up top.

Can't believe the ripping of Jekiri. He is at the heart of the defense. Wichita State made its run with TJ on the bench. Is he a really good offensive threat? Not really, but Coach L rarely has him touch the ball in a scoring position, so all TJ does is: (1) grab rebounds; (2) provide the impression of being a rim protector; and (3) play tremendous screen and hedge defense. When you don't use a muscle it tends to atrophy and for weeks now Coach L hasn't gone to TJ in the low post.

Jekiri continues to be a huge contributor to this team.

Advertisement
Can't believe the ripping of Jekiri. He is at the heart of the defense. Wichita State made its run with TJ on the bench. Is he a really good offensive threat? Not really, but Coach L rarely has him touch the ball in a scoring position, so all TJ does is: (1) grab rebounds; (2) provide the impression of being a rim protector; and (3) play tremendous screen and hedge defense. When you don't use a muscle it tends to atrophy and for weeks now Coach L hasn't gone to TJ in the low post.

Exactly. Lots of people around here who are clueless about basketball. TJ has not played great the last month, but like Angel he does SO much that doesn't show up on the stat sheet.

Exactly. Lots of people around here who are clueless about basketball. TJ has not played great the last month, but like Angel he does SO much that doesn't show up on the stat sheet.

I think why many are frustrated with Tonye is because he has a lot of the tools to be so dominant BUT he plays incredibly weak so close to the basket. He did it again today by bricking that layup. There is no reason he shouldn't be slamming these balls down. He has no feel in the 3 foot area around the rim.

It is frustrating watching someone with his size and athleticism make these moves.

Is he a really good offensive threat? Not really, but Coach L rarely has him touch the ball in a scoring position

He doesn't touch the ball in scoring position precisely because he's not good offensively. Larranaga sees the numbers just like everybody else does.

Advertisement

He's a 50% shooter for his career. He's been this way the whole time.

He's always been bad with the ball in his hands. He's there to rebound and defend.

This was a quote of mine from yesterday. Can anybody really dispute this claim? People get so defensive about this stuff when it's just the truth.

He's always been bad with the ball in his hands. He's there to rebound and defend.

This was a quote of mine from yesterday. Can anybody really dispute this claim? People get so defensive about this stuff when it's just the truth.

I think ppl confuse offensive improvement w him actually being a force in the paint. He's improved but most likely hit his ceiling offensively.

What's your point?

TJ is the best defender in the ACC. He keys our defense and he's a solid rebounder. If he was an offensive force he'd be in the NBA already so idk what you're *****ing about?

Quit complaining and enjoy this team

Advertisement
TJ is the best defender in the ACC. He keys our defense and he's a solid rebounder. If he was an offensive force he'd be in the NBA already so idk what you're *****ing about?

I acknowledged his value on defense and rebounding the basketball. You're just an emotional wreck who can't stand it when somebody says something that is universally understood as a true statement.

Advertisement
So.....what's the word on the wsu board? Let me guess. Under Seeding caused them to unfairly play 3 in 5 days. Travel at night in between & caused them to just run out of gas. They're the better team ect, ect with a smattering of we got beat by a better team.

Advertisement
Back