Witchita State is a scary team

Advertisement
Have no faith in this team winning today. Been far too inconsistent all year.

GIF-dumb-fail-idiot-Schadenfreude-stupid-Wedding-Crashers-Will-Ferrell-GIF.gif

Advertisement
This game was microcosm of season. Angel and Sheldon closing with Reed 3-and-D.

Advertisement
Trust in Coach L, drew the technical but put the officials on notice!

Matt Porter ‏@mattyports 3m3 minutes ago
Larranaga on his technical, his second at UM in five seasons: "We had to fight. I had to let them know I was fighting for them."

Jim Larranaga told WQAM's Joe Zagacki that he told his players afterward that making the Sweet 16 is "nothing new. Let's get to the Elite Eight."

“He took over the game,” Larranaga said. “He’s got this huge thing right here that keeps pounding out of his chest. I told the team we should rename Dunkin' Donuts Center [as] Angel Rodriguez Park because Angel owned the place."

Assistant Chris Caputo, on WQAM afterward: “Angel was incredible. He was playing against a great player in [Frank] Van Vleet. He got the better of him tonight. [Rodriguez] is such a dynamic player. He’s a daring guy. He tries things. Sometimes, he gets a little bit of a bum rap.”

"Sheldon kept saying we're not losing this game... He was terrific. He makes so many shots without taking many shots," Larranaga said on WQAM.

Matt Porter ‏@mattyports 5m5 minutes ago
Reporter from Attleboro asking Larranaga why "some 6-foot white guy, Puerto Rican kid" always seems to make plays in March.

OK?

Advertisement
Darren Rovell ‏@darrenrovell 57m57 minutes ago
TORCHED BY AN ANGEL (Great headline from @SBNationCBB)

Advertisement
Great ******* win. A lot of teams would have moped after losing that lead and we just said enough is enough. Those type of rallies make up march madness and we fought to keep it at bay.

If angel keeps this up, and Mac imposes himself, watch out.

Any NCAAT win is a good win. WSU's offensive rebounding keep them in it. We were clearly far more talented overall. Our guards crushed theirs.

Advertisement
Back