Witchita State is a scary team

Says perhaps the second biggest hater of the baseball program after tcgrad.

I love the baseball program, especially the players who are not getting the proper coaching.
The only thing I hate is the coaching (or lack of) with the program and the nut-licking apologists such
as yourself.....and thanks for outing yourself as I now know who you are....you have averaged a new
handle name every 12 months as eventually your schtick gets old and you eventually get run off.
Now get back to your nut-licking and slurping.

Advertisement
Can't believe the ripping of Jekiri. He is at the heart of the defense. Wichita State made its run with TJ on the bench. Is he a really good offensive threat? Not really, but Coach L rarely has him touch the ball in a scoring position, so all TJ does is: (1) grab rebounds; (2) provide the impression of being a rim protector; and (3) play tremendous screen and hedge defense. When you don't use a muscle it tends to atrophy and for weeks now Coach L hasn't gone to TJ in the low post.

Jekiri continues to be a huge contributor to this team.

Exactly. Lots of people around here who are clueless about basketball. TJ has not played great the last month, but like Angel he does SO much that doesn't show up on the stat sheet.

I think why many are frustrated with Tonye is because he has a lot of the tools to be so dominant BUT he plays incredibly weak so close to the basket. He did it again today by bricking that layup. There is no reason he shouldn't be slamming these balls down. He has no feel in the 3 foot area around the rim.

It is frustrating watching someone with his size and athleticism make these moves.

My frustration lies primarily in how he looked so dominant offensively at the start of the season and has noticeably regressed in all aspects of his offensive game. He can't hit a chip shot layup to save his life. It's crazy watching a game, seeing him put up a 3 footer knowing it's going to rim out. His FT shooting has gone from pretty good to bad.

While he remains a solid interior defender, and the key to our defense in many ways, he has been picking up a lot of dumb fouls lately that force him to the bench. His rebounding has also fallen off. He hasn't had a 10 rebound game since February 9. Overall very disappointing from how he started the season.

I'm glad there's at least a bit of realism in this thread. The Canes are not winning tomorrow. I'll be ecstatic to be proven wrong but this is exactly the type of team that will blow us out.

Where is that "realism" now? If it looks like a duck...
This team has so much heart, don't sell that short.

Advertisement
Exactly. Lots of people around here who are clueless about basketball. TJ has not played great the last month, but like Angel he does SO much that doesn't show up on the stat sheet.

He's a 50% shooter for his career. He's been this way the whole time.

He's always been bad with the ball in his hands. He's there to rebound and defend.

This was a quote of mine from yesterday. Can anybody really dispute this claim? People get so defensive about this stuff when it's just the truth.

What point are you trying to prove by saying he's a 50% shooter for his career? You realize that's a good % right? Shaq was 58% for his career. Zo shot at 52%.

I love the baseball program, especially the players who are not getting the proper coaching.
The only thing I hate is the coaching (or lack of) with the program and the nut-licking apologists such
as yourself.....

That's a laugh.

You obviously haven't been following the team since you and tcgrad ran away like pussies two years ago when the team started winning. You haven't had much opportunity to give your 'analysis' since you only post when the teams loses and they haven't been doing much losing.

What's your point?

I don't think I could be any more clear.

Jekiri is a liability offensively. He shouldn't touch the ball unless it's a dunk or a high screen and they are trying to reset up top.

You're 100% wrong. He should touch the ball, and touch it a lot. He's a great passer out of the post, and it if we never went inside, it would greatly hamper our offense effectiveness and efficiency.

Advertisement
So.....what's the word on the wsu board? Let me guess. Under Seeding caused them to unfairly play 3 in 5 days. Travel at night in between & caused them to just run out of gas. They're the better team ect, ect with a smattering of we got beat by a better team.

Wichita State Men's Basketball

A lot of blaming their coach (who is an amazing coach) and Rashard Kelly and the refs. Also, their reaction to Angel taking over, and a lot of love for Angel for his post game comments, and Miami overall.

---------------------------------------------

Marshall over thinking this

WHAT THE **** IS COACH MARSHALL THINKING?

YOU PUT YOUR BEST PLAYERS IN THE GAME

Stupid coaching move

Substitutes please.

What is Marshall doing having Wessel in the game

Rashard is so ******* painful to watch.

Oh my god.

RASHARD KELLY. ROFL

GHTFO

Kelly is terrible

Kelly is a weak *** player

How many times does Kelly miss and not finish?

RK is going to make my head explode.

There is ZERO advantage to having RK in the lineup. ZERO. ZERO. ZERO.

Holy **** that was a horrible call

Such a bad call.

Refs taking over..

Refs taking over.

**** these refs so hard

Whistles bulls*hit call again

The refs suck though. Hard not to point out the obvious on the Internet.

Holy ****! Holy sh#t what the f#@k! WTF!!! OMG!!! OMFG!!! F'ng Refs!!! Mother F'ng Refs!!!!

Now the refs swallow the whistles..

We can't get a foul called now to save our life.

We cost ourselves the game, but the officials helped Miami all they could. Those 4 points would be huge right now

We could have won in spite of the refs, and easily, but there were more than a coupledom untimely incorrect calls

Are you ******* kidding

****, what a shot by Angel.

Are they going to win off that ****

Angel with the dagger

Luckest shot I've ever seen

When garbage like that goes in... You just know...

I just don't even.

That figures- toss it up and pray- may be the difference

**** that garbage prayer.

Miami is a class act. Good luck Canes.

Hat tip to Miami, they made the plays down the stretch.

Angel and Canes are class acts.

Nice post game comments by Angel.

And Miami was more than a good opponent. Conratulations to Miami, but also big kudos to the Shocks for not throwing in the towel.

Rodriguez is really good.

Angel Rodriguez for the Canes impressed me after the game with his complimentary comments about our Shocks but also gave praise to the the Lord. That might have been his best game ever for Miami but praising the Lord in that forum is the part I will always see as his top highlight of the day

Last edited:
as yourself.....

That's a laugh.

You obviously haven't been following the team since you and tcgrad ran away like pussies two years ago when the team started winning. You haven't had much opportunity to give your 'analysis' since you only post when the teams loses and they haven't been doing much losing.

SHUT THE **** UP ABOUT BASEBALL

What's your point?

Jekiri is a liability offensively. He shouldn't touch the ball unless it's a dunk or a high screen and they are trying to reset up top.

I guess the whole concept of "ball movement" and passing in and out of the post must be foreign to you.

Not only are you a hater, you don't even understand basic basketball fundamentals.

Now get back to your nut-licking and slurping.

You really have to question the emotional maturity of somebody who uses the terms nut-licking and slurping.

He's just really frustrated right now because the team is really good (again) and he's incapable of changing his mind. He's so invested in the 'Morris sucks' narrative that he can't turn back now.

It's sad and pathetic.

Advertisement
What point are you trying to prove by saying he's a 50% shooter for his career? You realize that's a good % right? Shaq was 58% for his career. Zo shot at 52%.

Zo shot 16 foot jump shots on a regular basis. Him being a 52% shooter is efficient.

Greg Oden was a very good college center. He was 61% from the field. Jekiri is shooting layups and 5-foot hook shots and bricking them.

Advertisement
What's your point?

I guess the whole concept of "ball movement" and passing in and out of the post must be foreign to you.

Not only are you a hater, you don't even understand basic basketball fundamentals.

It's not the only sport where he is clueless.
But at least he's consistent.
He loves to blame everything on the players and slurps up the coaches.
Anyways, he destroyed what was a pretty good baseball board on the Cane scout board.
Destroyed what little discourse existed about UM baseball.
Yeah, he gets banned every year, but he returns under a different handle.
At this point it is best to ignore the ultimate Cane ball-licker of coaches.

Zo shot 16 foot jump shots on a regular basis. Him being a 52% shooter is efficient.

Greg Oden was a very good college center. He was 61% from the field. Jekiri is shooting layups and 5-foot hook shots and bricking them.

Greg Oden was the first pick in the draft. Jekiri is not. 50% is not a bad %.

It's not the only sport where he is clueless.

Says the guy who thinks we're poorly coached in baseball.

I make you look like the clown that you are when it comes to discussing sports. You've never said one insightful thing in your entire existence. Not one. It's obvious given your baseball analysis that you don't have a clue.

Advertisement
Back