Toxicity

The whole team is a mess and I agree.
A lot of the blame falls on the players of this team and the culture.

We should be able to beat Middle Tennessee State regardless of what scheme Gattis or Steele are running. The players need to take some pride in their team and play, and I suspect many in the locker room just don’t care. That is the only explanation for losing to Tennessee State.

We got rid of 20+ last year and we we need to get rid of probably 40 more. This roster needs to be flipped. However, it’s equally important to get the right guys in here. We brought in a bunch of transfers last year that have not been a part of this toxic culture and they haven’t done anything with exception of Parish and Messidor, who have just been nothing more that average. Rest have been Jags, and looks like Jackson is they only other one worth keeping.

Mario needs to turn over this roster quick, get rid of Gattis and improve his staff.
Oh and after this loss the school better get ready to pony up millions more in NIL salaries and buyouts to get this fixed else Mario is not going to succeed here. I don’t think Mario has anything to sell anymore after this loss with the exception of playing time.
32 players gone after the 2021 season. Tied for most since 2007.

Advertisement
Team is in a hotel the night before a game I would assume.
Yes they are are, but TVD gets to do whatever he wants...apparently Curfew don't apply to him. Rumors of course..

But he was balling, shot calling in SOBE taking shots till 3 AM. I have friends that can verify. Dude is thinking he's a 1st rd NFL QB and it's getting to his head.

Sure he's had issues this year, but dude looked more hungover than Moped in 2917 V. Pitt!

He looked apracophyl!

Last edited:
Yes they are are, but TVD gets to do whatever he wants...apparently Curfew don't apply to him. Rumors of course..

But he was balling, shot calling in SOBE taking shots till 3 AM. I have friends that can verify. Dude is thinking he's a 1st rd NFL QB and it's getting to his head.

Sure he's had issues this year, but dude looked more hungover than Moped in 2917 V. Pitt!

He looked apracophyl!
No way I believe this is true, if it is he can kick rocks. He’s supposed to be the leader of this team and played the most important position.
Dude has played like crap all season and there is no way he is good enough to just show up come game time and perform.

Advertisement
There's talent there but seems motivation is lacking. They lost a big game (and hopes of a much-hyped great season) and don't really like the play-calls, schemes, and some of their co-players. With the NIL-$$$ already in the bag and (for some) an NFL future likely, why get injured, or beat up, or expend too much effort before a motley small crowd... for what? CANES pride? Yeah, convince me. A few do it, many of the others say well, I aint gonna kill myself if they aint giving 100% and it spreads like COVID. Half them should wear masks when they go out on campus, and I blame the NIL$$$ the most.

That’s what the word is. Even manny Navarro in is recent podcast said he’s hearing Players don’t want to play in this scheme so they aren’t giving 100%. Coach’s and players our at odds, players aren’t listening to What they are taught or what coaches saying. Locker room is broke. No confidence in TVD or Gattis.
If true. That’s some ***** sh*t. Getting snaps at this level, the goal is playing on Sundays.

Not giving it your all because you’re at odds with a coordinator is some real entitlement that’s gotta be eradicated.

These players keep this up. The only Sunday football they will see is playing in my flag football league.

I think some of you are lost in the plot. I mean this with a lot of respect. The coaches are responsible for quite a bit. But so are the players. We have a starting quarterback that thought that the job was his no matter what, who has not embraced the new offense, doesn’t like it, and is at odds with his wide receivers. That’s just one example. That’s on the player. Not Gattis.

You have a roster for of weak links. Bad recruiting. People that don’t know what winning is all about. People that still think that they can be carried by the history of this program. I call those folks losers. Because they refuse to make their own history other than be part of a losing history.

In 1984, a young an upcoming coach by the name of Jimmy Johnson, experienced the same thing. And a lot of players had to go. He brought in his players. He instilled his DNA. He turned the program into a juggernaut.

Yet the narrative here has been that only the coaches are to blame for this. Some are asking for the offensive coordinator to be fired. I wonder how much money we would owe guy and where we could get it from if that really short sighted move would be done.

Manny sets such a terrible example with this group of players that for some there is no turning back. That’s how bad it is.

For those that have had the privilege of running large organizations and actually being responsible for a full transformation, you know what I am talking about. When a new regime comes in there’s massive behind-the-scenes resistance and a lot of fakeness.

And those rotten apples need to leave. Independent of the staff. Until that happens not much will change.

Peace.
What?????????

Advertisement

He looked apracophyl!

Pics...or I have friends that call bull****.

I think some of you are lost in the plot. I mean this with a lot of respect. The coaches are responsible for quite a bit. But so are the players. We have a starting quarterback that thought that the job was his no matter what, who has not embraced the new offense, doesn’t like it, and is at odds with his wide receivers. That’s just one example. That’s on the player. Not Gattis.

You have a roster for of weak links. Bad recruiting. People that don’t know what winning is all about. People that still think that they can be carried by the history of this program. I call those folks losers. Because they refuse to make their own history other than be part of a losing history.

In 1984, a young an upcoming coach by the name of Jimmy Johnson, experienced the same thing. And a lot of players had to go. He brought in his players. He instilled his DNA. He turned the program into a juggernaut.

Yet the narrative here has been that only the coaches are to blame for this. Some are asking for the offensive coordinator to be fired. I wonder how much money we would owe guy and where we could get it from if that really short sighted move would be done.

Manny sets such a terrible example with this group of players that for some there is no turning back. That’s how bad it is.

For those that have had the privilege of running large organizations and actually being responsible for a full transformation, you know what I am talking about. When a new regime comes in there’s massive behind-the-scenes resistance and a lot of fakeness.

And those rotten apples need to leave. Independent of the staff. Until that happens not much will change.

Peace.
A lot of the players just suck no HC can turn a jag into a good player, if you are a jag you are a jag. That’s the problem with the fan base. Gattis has to take some blame as well but the talent gives u no chance. Name one guy that’s starts on offense where OSU bama UGA sold out for, those are the three best evals schools right there.

A lot of the players just suck no HC can turn a jag into a good player, if you are a jag you are a jag. That’s the problem with the fan base. Gattis has to take some blame as well but the talent gives u no chance. Name one guy that’s starts on offense where OSU bama UGA sold out for, those are the three best evals schools right there.
Nice excuse but we just got bodied by MTSU. That’s weak sauce bro.

Peace.
Jimmy is an innovator, has/had balls. Mario is an ultra conservative caveman who struggles when having to use critical thinking skills. That’s not gonna go away with a roster full of 5 stars

Advertisement
Nice excuse but we just got bodied by MTSU. That’s weak sauce bro.
Oh yea I know this already it’s not an excuse, that loss was on a lot of things mainly the coaches. I wasn’t expecting a loss there but like I always say, when your roster makeup is the way it has been for years u can lose any game. Wasn’t expecting it but that’s what happens. When I saw it 17 to 3 and they looked faster I knew we were fuqed big time.

Wonder how much NIL has had an impact on tvd and some of the other players. For all we know tvd might think he's the **** already. major red flag if true Gattis asked him how often he practices with the receivers offseason and he replied he didn't have their #.

I think the bottom line here is that we still have a lot of issues in that locker room.

I am over hearing about the he-say / she-say bull****, because of course none of this ever comes out when you're winning games...but **** around and lose to Middle TN St, and next thing you know TVD is a hardcore alcoholic, and half of the team isnt buying in.

I have a good feeling that Cristobal is not going to put up with a bunch of bull****, and most of the people on this board have no ******* clue what you are talking about.

Personally, yes, I feel like there is a problem...but I laugh my *** off when some of you constantly blame first year coaches and first year systems, on everything.

I mean...****, I feel like our fanbase is one of the biggest problems around the program...it is hands down one of the most toxic groups of fans across the country.

I would definitely put it on the coaches to clean up that locker room, and there is just no way to clean that up in one year AND build the program into a contender.

Coaches aren't going out there and punching the ball in from the 1 yard line.....coaches arent going out there and getting torched relentlessly in the defensive secondary. At some point the players absolutely have to be held accountable, and if youre not willing to give me everything, then get the **** out of here.

Execution is key, just look at how Dorsey reacted to the end of the Bill-Fins game, that ****** knew he had a system good enough to win, and it was poorly executed by some of the best in the world, not just at the end, but throughout a good bit of that game...just poor execution by the Bills offense. The Bills arent going out to fire coaches and look for another QB, nope...someone is going to get their *** chewed out and be held accountable for what happened.

Advertisement

This is a croc of ****...you mean to tell me MTSU has more to offer and theyre two TDs better than the talent we have. **** that.

We have talent, what we also have is a bunch of pre-madonna players. AND, like our fans, will not stop looking for a scapegoat. The coaches we have on our staff have had success, definitely enough to say losing to MTSU isnt acceptable. I do not think that we have that many 'jags' on our roster, but I do think those entitled kids need a reality check.

D. I feel you. And you’re not wrong. Problem is. All Saturday, all fall, there are teams full of JAGS who are succeeding for multiple reasons.

Yes we need big dawgs but teams have been accomplishing more with less than what we have.

I guess we need to identify the right JAG to pair with blue chippers

This is a croc of ****...you mean to tell me MTSU has more to offer and theyre two TDs better than the talent we have. **** that.

We have talent, what we also have is a bunch of pre-madonna players. AND, like our fans, will not stop looking for a scapegoat. The coaches we have on our staff have had success, definitely enough to say losing to MTSU isnt acceptable. I do not think that we have that many 'jags' on our roster, but I do think those entitled kids need a reality check.
Nah MTSU shouldn’t beat us period.....I always though believe u can lose any game with the rosters all our previous coaches put together. I have stated that here numerous times so for me it’s not an excuse. I actually believe that, so I disagree. Not looking to not destroy the coaches they were trash, but I always said our recruiting is way over rated. I do like LT and JW type recruits, I like kids the elites went after or the best eval schools. Other than that everything is meh most of the time, I do like that in this cycle we have kids bama wants. We need those type of classes to end this cycle of piling garbage on garbage.

D. I feel you. And you’re not wrong. Problem is. All Saturday, all fall, there are teams full of JAGS who are succeeding for multiple reasons.

Yes we need big dawgs but teams have been accomplishing more with less than what we have.

I guess we need to identify the right JAG to pair with blue chippers
I saw Roman’s take on YT guys we’re open we just don’t get them the ball, the offense is on gattis and the OL and QB. Nothing is working right now even basic throws are off target. It’s as bad as it can get

Advertisement
Back