Toxicity

Pics...or I have friends that call bull****.
848A96FA-3AB4-43B5-B62F-AE7EC42FA977.gif

Advertisement
One thing u hit the nail right on the head that I wanted to mention was, TVD stares at one guy and doesn’t do a great job looking off anywhere else. This year it’s stare at one guy and that’s it.
It was obvious in the game from where my seats are (Endzone) so I have his view. He wasn’t looking or snapping that head in multiple directions. It was immediately to one read. That’s not all on him because many of the route concepts are trash.

He has created bad muscle memory now because of the route concepts only really having one place to go with the ball, plus that’s mostly what he did last year. Rambo, Rambo, pass. Then the few times there are actually good options, he misses them.

It’s a complete sh*t show right now.

I'm sorry but respectfully.

What do you think coaches do? What do you think practice is for? If you were a coach and these things happen during a game what would you do all week in practice?
Respectfully, we would work on it...but at the end of the day this isnt pop warner football. The players execute

I’m a Mario guy but I refuse to throw a lifeline for that abortion Saturday. The staff and players have to eat that one. There’s no excuse.
I can buy in on the group loss thing. It is what it is, Saturday was pitiful. You cannot let that happen, and I am ok with saying everyone loss that game.

What I am not going to do is say that our coaching staff is bad.

We are talking about guys that for the most part have proven success, but we have fans who believe that just because we bring in a coaching staff thats fairly well spoken of, top to bottom...we are not supposed to look like the team we had last season. IMO, we do not, I have seen improvements...but NO Saturday was a huge step back.

It is going to be even more interesting to see what our coaching staff does moving forward in regards to accountability.

two weeks

I can buy in on the group loss thing. It is what it is, Saturday was pitiful. You cannot let that happen, and I am ok with saying everyone loss that game.

What I am not going to do is say that our coaching staff is bad.

We are talking about guys that for the most part have proven success, but we have fans who believe that just because we bring in a coaching staff thats fairly well spoken of, top to bottom...we are not supposed to look like the team we had last season. IMO, we do not, I have seen improvements...but NO Saturday was a huge step back.

It is going to be even more interesting to see what our coaching staff does moving forward in regards to accountability.

two weeks
The offensive side of the ball leaves a lot to be desired.

Advertisement
So off-target throws are the coaches fault?

o-line too weak to get push on the goal line, is the coaches fault?

Dropping passes when they are on target, is the coaches fault?

Sorry bro...way too much reaching with this
I am on your side I said four to five losses, the talent isn’t there I never believed in the talent. Drops and OL getting pushed back is a player issue

Respectfully, we would work on it...but at the end of the day this isnt pop warner football. The players execute
Well, I don’t completely disagree and players are the ones out there but, I say what makes a player execute.

Fundamentals don’t ever change all the way to the NFL.

NFL WRs work on catching. NFL QBs work on accuracy and timing. It never ever ends. Blocking, catching, QB accuracy, receiver routes, tackling are all things that need continuous work and practice.

The only thing that helps an OL improve blocking is to practice blocking. If they do not practice it, they will never execute it. If WRs do not practice routes they will never execute them well.

Preparation is the coach’s responsibility. They can’t just do walk throughs all week and then expect players to go out and execute properly. (not saying Mario only did that) They need to drill and practice over and over and over. It is the only way to improve and improvement means better execution.

I am on your side I said four to five losses, the talent isn’t there I never believed in the talent. Drops and OL getting pushed back is a player issue
Bottom line, as fans, the more we have to be excited about, the bigger the letdown is.

I think most of us are excited about the investment into the program....losing to MTSU is like a Hedley punt to the nuts.

Advertisement
The team did come out flat, no energy. No question.

Individually, it’s on each player to give the effort. As a team, it’s on the coaches to recognize the mental swings of the players, the different units, and try to mitigate issues. JJ said the hardest part of coaching is keeping a team motivated, not thinking they can just roll the ball out on the field and win. College, NFL, wherever. He told his team Tennessee was a great team until he was blue in the face. Still got routed in the 1985-86 Sugar Bowl.

My personal uninformed opinion is the team is mentally weary of the grind. Already. You could tell against Southern Miss. ATM on road in front of 107K got them up, but a rainy SoFla home game against a perceived lesser opponent, in front of a small crowd…meh. Many players simply aren’t good enough, and they aren’t improving no matter how much repetition you force on them. They’ll tune it out.

I’m hoping the extra week off gives the players and coaches a bit of rest and a reset.

FYI - JJ’s primary issue wasn’t the players, it was his staff. He was forced to accept Howard’s staff. This was a huge problem on defense, as we eventually saw. After the 1984 season he replaced assistants he didn’t want and installed his defense. I’m sure there were players who weren’t a fit for JJ’s smaller, faster defense, but a lot of the 1985 defense were Howard‘s recruits. JJ only had his first recruiting class.
Like Bill Trout as DC..

Bottom line, as fans, the more we have to be excited about, the bigger the letdown is.

I think most of us are excited about the investment into the program....losing to MTSU is like a Hedley punt to the nuts.
Yea that’s reality, the loss **** me off to but I knew we weren’t getting an x an o magician. I knew we got an elite recruiter and that takes time. With previous staffs I was always angry cause what was coming in wasn’t enough imo. Now so far on the trail we have done things we could never imagine with other staffs. A few of those types (assuming we finish strong) things will work out this time. High expectations I don’t have yet

@Cribby @Dwinstitles @NE Canes

Good exchange, at least some people on this site can still get passionate about the Canes, and go back and forth, without it turning into some internet gangster standoff.

Here's to hoping our program can right the ship!
Yea everyone disagrees and everyone has their opinions. Doesn’t bother me too much, I know everyone can’t see it the same. It is what it is, still pretty hopeful three to four years down the road.

Advertisement
I think some of you are lost in the plot. I mean this with a lot of respect. The coaches are responsible for quite a bit. But so are the players. We have a starting quarterback that thought that the job was his no matter what, who has not embraced the new offense, doesn’t like it, and is at odds with his wide receivers. That’s just one example. That’s on the player. Not Gattis.

You have a roster for of weak links. Bad recruiting. People that don’t know what winning is all about. People that still think that they can be carried by the history of this program. I call those folks losers. Because they refuse to make their own history other than be part of a losing history.

In 1984, a young an upcoming coach by the name of Jimmy Johnson, experienced the same thing. And a lot of players had to go. He brought in his players. He instilled his DNA. He turned the program into a juggernaut.

Yet the narrative here has been that only the coaches are to blame for this. Some are asking for the offensive coordinator to be fired. I wonder how much money we would owe guy and where we could get it from if that really short sighted move would be done.

Manny sets such a terrible example with this group of players that for some there is no turning back. That’s how bad it is.

For those that have had the privilege of running large organizations and actually being responsible for a full transformation, you know what I am talking about. When a new regime comes in there’s massive behind-the-scenes resistance and a lot of fakeness.

And those rotten apples need to leave. Independent of the staff. Until that happens not much will change.

Peace.
There should never be an excuse to get spanked by a team like MTSU. Completely embarrassing. I’ve legit packed up my UM gear so I don’t get deservedly ridiculed that is how laughably atrocious this team is.

This is pure speculation and ignores the fact that many coaches have "lost the locker room" full of south Florida divas for 20 years now. Can all of those coaches really be that bad? Not one of them could win with all of this "talent"?
What did these former corches do after being tossed by Miami?..

Yes they are are, but TVD gets to do whatever he wants...apparently Curfew don't apply to him. Rumors of course..

But he was balling, shot calling in SOBE taking shots till 3 AM. I have friends that can verify. Dude is thinking he's a 1st rd NFL QB and it's getting to his head.

Sure he's had issues this year, but dude looked more hungover than Moped in 2917 V. Pitt!

He looked apracophyl!

I don’t believe a word of this.

Advertisement
This is a croc of ****...you mean to tell me MTSU has more to offer and theyre two TDs better than the talent we have. **** that.

We have talent, what we also have is a bunch of pre-madonna players. AND, like our fans, will not stop looking for a scapegoat. The coaches we have on our staff have had success, definitely enough to say losing to MTSU isnt acceptable. I do not think that we have that many 'jags' on our roster, but I do think those entitled kids need a reality check.
MTSU has an established coaching staff.
I had hoped we would look at Stockstill, as Coker went south.
Nope, he was a Nollie, so we went with the Onion.
Nothings changed with another Miami Guy as our latest HC..
Nah MTSU shouldn’t beat us period.....I always though believe u can lose any game with the rosters all our previous coaches put together. I have stated that here numerous times so for me it’s not an excuse. I actually believe that, so I disagree. Not looking to not destroy the coaches they were trash, but I always said our recruiting is way over rated. I do like LT and JW type recruits, I like kids the elites went after or the best eval schools. Other than that everything is meh most of the time, I do like that in this cycle we have kids bama wants. We need those type of classes to end this cycle of piling garbage on garbage.
A
A lot of the players just suck no HC can turn a jag into a good player, if you are a jag you are a jag. That’s the problem with the fan base. Gattis has to take some blame as well but the talent gives u no chance. Name one guy that’s starts on offense where OSU bama UGA sold out for, those are the three best evals schools right there.

More wood for their fires, loud neighbors
Flashlight reveries caught in the headlights of a truck
Eating seeds as a pastime activity
The toxicity of our city, of our city

More wood for their fires, loud neighbors
Flashlight reveries caught in the headlights of a truck
Eating seeds as a pastime activity
The toxicity of our city, of our city
You, what do you own the world?
How do you own disorder? Disorder
Now somewhere between the sacred silence
Sacred silence and sleep