Toxicity

Shut up! It’s absolutely on Gattis and Mario!! Trying to fit a square peg into a round hole by running this trash big 12 offense! Why did we not hear a peep about TVD not grasping the offense?!! All we heard was them all **** on our receivers for the last 10 months. NO ONE likes the new offense. Not even the RBs cause they’re being ran into 9 man boxes lol. **** is comical! If Gattis don’t trust TVD, let him do what worked for him last year and get him drafted in the first round and TF out of here instead of forcing him into this offense.

Advertisement
I think some of you are lost in the plot. I mean this with a lot of respect. The coaches are responsible for quite a bit. But so are the players. We have a starting quarterback that thought that the job was his no matter what, who has not embraced the new offense, doesn’t like it, and is at odds with his wide receivers. That’s just one example. That’s on the player. Not Gattis.

You have a roster for of weak links. Bad recruiting. People that don’t know what winning is all about. People that still think that they can be carried by the history of this program. I call those folks losers. Because they refuse to make their own history other than be part of a losing history.

In 1984, a young an upcoming coach by the name of Jimmy Johnson, experienced the same thing. And a lot of players had to go. He brought in his players. He instilled his DNA. He turned the program into a juggernaut.

Yet the narrative here has been that only the coaches are to blame for this. Some are asking for the offensive coordinator to be fired. I wonder how much money we would owe guy and where we could get it from if that really short sighted move would be done.

Manny sets such a terrible example with this group of players that for some there is no turning back. That’s how bad it is.

For those that have had the privilege of running large organizations and actually being responsible for a full transformation, you know what I am talking about. When a new regime comes in there’s massive behind-the-scenes resistance and a lot of fakeness.

And those rotten apples need to leave. Independent of the staff. Until that happens not much will change.

Peace.
wow so many assumptions here.... smh

Advertisement
Shut up! It’s absolutely on Gattis and Mario!! Trying to fit a square peg into a round hole by running this trash big 12 offense! Why did we not hear a peep about TVD not grasping the offense?!! All we heard was them all **** on our receivers for the last 10 months. NO ONE likes the new offense. Not even the RBs cause they’re being ran into 9 man boxes lol. **** is comical! If Gattis don’t trust TVD, let him do what worked for him last year and get him drafted in the first round and TF out of here instead of forcing him into this offense.
How did the offense look with Garcia?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Everyone deserves blame. However, no one will get fired after 4 games. Any talk of the F word is nonsense. Some of the fans need to turn the TV off. They wouldn't have been able to handle 1997 either.

The team did come out flat, no energy. No question.

Individually, it’s on each player to give the effort. As a team, it’s on the coaches to recognize the mental swings of the players, the different units, and try to mitigate issues. JJ said the hardest part of coaching is keeping a team motivated, not thinking they can just roll the ball out on the field and win. College, NFL, wherever. He told his team Tennessee was a great team until he was blue in the face. Still got routed in the 1985-86 Sugar Bowl.

My personal uninformed opinion is the team is mentally weary of the grind. Already. You could tell against Southern Miss. ATM on road in front of 107K got them up, but a rainy SoFla home game against a perceived lesser opponent, in front of a small crowd…meh. Many players simply aren’t good enough, and they aren’t improving no matter how much repetition you force on them. They’ll tune it out.

I’m hoping the extra week off gives the players and coaches a bit of rest and a reset.

FYI - JJ’s primary issue wasn’t the players, it was his staff. He was forced to accept Howard’s staff. This was a huge problem on defense, as we eventually saw. After the 1984 season he replaced assistants he didn’t want and installed his defense. I’m sure there were players who weren’t a fit for JJ’s smaller, faster defense, but a lot of the 1985 defense were Howard‘s recruits. JJ only had his first recruiting class.

I think some of you are lost in the plot. I mean this with a lot of respect. The coaches are responsible for quite a bit. But so are the players. We have a starting quarterback that thought that the job was his no matter what, who has not embraced the new offense, doesn’t like it, and is at odds with his wide receivers. That’s just one example. That’s on the player. Not Gattis.

You have a roster for of weak links. Bad recruiting. People that don’t know what winning is all about. People that still think that they can be carried by the history of this program. I call those folks losers. Because they refuse to make their own history other than be part of a losing history.

In 1984, a young an upcoming coach by the name of Jimmy Johnson, experienced the same thing. And a lot of players had to go. He brought in his players. He instilled his DNA. He turned the program into a juggernaut.

Yet the narrative here has been that only the coaches are to blame for this. Some are asking for the offensive coordinator to be fired. I wonder how much money we would owe guy and where we could get it from if that really short sighted move would be done.

Manny sets such a terrible example with this group of players that for some there is no turning back. That’s how bad it is.

For those that have had the privilege of running large organizations and actually being responsible for a full transformation, you know what I am talking about. When a new regime comes in there’s massive behind-the-scenes resistance and a lot of fakeness.

And those rotten apples need to leave. Independent of the staff. Until that happens not much will change.

Peace.
This entire post, from the preposterous JJ comparison to the “bad apple” cliches, is ridiculous.

Advertisement
Back