To the "We are gonna destroy FSU crowd"

Nobody is suggesting that the team should relax and take it easy. But getting all scared that an absolutely terrible FSU team is going to some how pull off a miracle upset isn’t something I’m going to do. They are the worst offensive team on our schedule and the second worst offense in the entire country. They have a mediocre defense but how well is that defense going to hold up against the country’s best offense? Especially when they know their offense isn’t going to score anywhere near enough to keep pace?

I would be incredibly ****ed/shocked if we don’t win by at least three touchdowns.
So would I.

I also wouldn’t be especially shocked to see the Miami Hurricanes play down to the level of their competition by shooting themselves in the foot repetitively….seems to be a pattern there.

Nobody is “scared” to play them or anyone else.

Advertisement
Yeah, you aren’t considering first game mistakes, rust etc. I would say the same about UF if we were playing them this week as well. The major point is…overlooking and relaxing against any rival, no matter how beat down they are and how much we should “beat them down” is just plain stupid… this is about all they have left. If they are going to play with nothing to lose..it will be against us and UF.
Luckily we aren’t playing, so we can overlook FSU, assume a 70 point win and call their mothers whores… and it won’t matter.

Advertisement
We’ve got a good number of blue chips in the front 7. They’re mostly young, but Mario has had 2 recruiting classes, really. All those kids are first or 2nd year players. And they supplemented it with high end talent. Baron is an nfl player, Mesidor, Kiko. There’s just not much in the back end. The recruiting hasn’t been good enough and they haven’t been able to hit it in the portal well enough. We all knew it was by far the biggest question mark and liability coming into the season. It’s come to fruition. It’s the weakest unit on the roster, by a mile.
100%.

Our fanbase talking about the defense sounds like our fansbase talking about the offense last year.

Fast and Fizical meme, Mario is a caveman, he won't stop meddling, he won't let Dawson just air it out, he's not aggressive enough, etc.

Then it became Cam doesn't want to play for those same reasons.

Everyone one of those has been turned upside down in one season.

If the headman has taught us anything, it's that he recognizes the deficiencies and he will address them.

Clemson offensive series against FSU’s defense:

- PUNT (3 plays)
- FG (12 plays)
- TD (2 plays)
- TD (4 plays)
- Missed FG (7 plays)
- FG (9 plays)
- FG (12 plays)
- PUNT (9 plays)
- Missed FG (12 plays)
- FG (5 plays)
- FG (8 plays)

If we match when Clemson did, but score TDs on those drives that went to field goals or missed field goals, we score 60+

Please stop. FSU is an absolute mess but if they were ever to find it within themselves to play a good game, ruining Miami's season is it. This is one of the most unpredictable rivalries year in and year out and how can any of you actually believe we will destroy any team after watching our defense the last 3 games?
Thank you for the sensible post. You are spot on.

The same porsters never learn. Year after year, and game after game.

The Holes have a good defense, much better than ours. They do not allow a lot of points, and have a DL that can potentially cause us major problems.

They suck because their offense in buns, but so was Cal’s offense and look what they did to our D.

My gut feeling is that somehow they will score their season high on us, and Cam and the boyz will have to score at least 35 to win the game.

I hope that I’m way wrong, and we blow them out.

Except that our defense is so bad that the talent level isn’t that lopsided. Anybody that thinks we’ll hold them to under 30 points after watching this embarrassment of a defense the last three weeks is deluding themselves and in for a rude awakening. We’re gonna win but it’ll be so much closer than it should and we’ll make their trash qb look like a Heisman contender.
Our defense isn't "So BAD." Louisville was 3-12 on 3rd downs. They had 106 rushing yards. 43 came on 1 play. The other 63 yards came on 20 carries.

Everyone just looks at the final score and puts the 45 points on the defense. Yes, the defense gave up some chunk plays. That was mostly due to poor tackling. However, the special teams gave up a kickoff TD and allowed a fake punt to extend a driver that resulted in a TD. The defense had done their job stopping the drive before the fake punt. Another TD came after the Fletcher fumble around the Miami 30.

Maybe the defense could have forced 2 FGs, but I put 21 of Louisville's 45 points on the turnover and special teams. Even with the fumble, If the special teams does their job, its a 52-24 game with under 5 minutes left in the game. Louisville adds a late TD when Miami was playing prevent defense.

The defense needs to tackle and cover better, but the game could/should have been different. Without the special teams blunders, we were on the verge of separating by 3 TDs and blowing out Louisville.

The telling sign will be the FSU game. FSU hasn't scored 16 points in a game all season. This game should be a blowout. I don't care that it's a rivalry. It should be worse than the Florida game which was a rivalry game. FSU will play hard and compete early, but they can't stop the Miami offense. Once Miami builds a 3 TD lead, FSU will quit when they realize they can't win. That's who they've been all season.

Advertisement

The Holes have a good defense, much better than ours. They do not allow a lot of points, and have a DL that can potentially cause us major problems.

They suck because their offense in buns, but so was Cal’s offense and look what they did to our D.

My gut feeling is that somehow they will score their season high on us, and Cam and the boyz will have to score at least 35 to win the game.

Dude, we are fans. We don't control the outcome of games. The players do. The players are the ones to stay focused and not believe that FSU is terrible even though they are.

Fans are free to say what they want. I'm not afraid to say we're going to blow out FSU because we should.

Clemson offensive series against FSU’s defense:

- PUNT (3 plays)
- FG (12 plays)
- TD (2 plays)
- TD (4 plays)
- Missed FG (7 plays)
- FG (9 plays)
- FG (12 plays)
- PUNT (9 plays)
- Missed FG (12 plays)
- FG (5 plays)
- FG (8 plays)

If we match when Clemson did, but score TDs on those drives that went to field goals or missed field goals, we score 60+
I don't see FSU stopping our offense. The only way FSU stays in the game is if we give up big plays like the Cal game. FSU can't run the ball on us. They haven't on anyone all season. FSU is 130th out of 133 teams in total rushing yards. They average 2.54 yards per carry.

The lack of a run game will continue to put pressure on the FSU passing game which isn't that good either. FSU is 91st in passing yards. They have some players. I expect them to hit on a few pass plays, but their OL isn't good and will kill drives giving the Miami offense extra possessions.

The bottom line is I believe we score 60+ on FSU. GO CANES!!!

Do they really have a better defense? As bad as we’ve been recently, we outrank those losers in a lot of statistical categories

Advertisement

They don't have a better defense. They allowed 43/104 3rd down conversion and 5/9 on 4th down. We are 26/87 and 6/10, respectively.

1729602828946.png

1729602792264.png

1729602985566.png

Advertisement

What's the basis for saying their D is "much better" than ours? We are better in yds/game allowed, MUCH better in rush yds/ game allowed, only 14 yds/game worse in pass yds/game allowed, and better in pts/ game allowed. Neither team has a particularly strong defense. They are better at pass defense, we are better at run defense.

Please stop. FSU is an absolute mess but if they were ever to find it within themselves to play a good game, ruining Miami's season is it. This is one of the most unpredictable rivalries year in and year out and how can any of you actually believe we will destroy any team after watching our defense the last 3 games?
I think 2002 proved that too although it was no 1 miami vs no 12 fsu, miami was heavy favorites on homecoming that day against greg jones and Rix, but we were down 27-14 and had to come back late to win. Plus a bad miami team in 2007 went up to doak campbell and won a game with kirby freeman that we were fortunate to win. Anything can happen in this series.

Make no mistake….
1- fsu is going to try to hurt Cam. They will be targeting him..the nasty fuqs.
2- all the recruits will be here watching. What a windfall..
This is my only concern about the game. Completely.

FSU is a tragic team with tragic players. After a little bit their only strategy will be to try and bait us into dumb penalties and fights that could cost us for our next game

USF did it to us. We played right into their hands in the first half. People like Kiko and George I love the passion they play with but they gotta be on alert. Cam talks so much **** it’s going to get ugly at some point

Cal’s offense is pretty bad but we’re still talking about a team that scores 10 more points per game than FSU.

FSU is statistically the worst offense we play this season including FAMU and Ball State.

They are historically terrible.

Advertisement
Back