To the "We are gonna destroy FSU crowd"

Advertisement
Duke put up:
180 TOTAL yards
2.9 yards per pass!
3.1 yards per run
23 points (including a pick 6)

And still won by 7....

FSU had ZERO offensive TDs (their only TD was a kick return). They scored 9 points (3 FGs) on offense against Duke. DUKE...

If we don't win by close to 30 it'll be disappointing.
If we don't win by 20+ it'll be embarrassing.
If we don't win by 10+ it'll feel like we lost.

Advertisement
Please stop. FSU is an absolute mess but if they were ever to find it within themselves to play a good game, ruining Miami's season is it. This is one of the most unpredictable rivalries year in and year out and how can any of you actually believe we will destroy any team after watching our defense the last 3 games?
Beta

Image-1-Conan-and-War-Council.jpg

You figure Conan ever had to put up with the lamentations of his own women?

**** that.. crush your enemy and see his recruits driven before you!

Advertisement
Miami WILL beat FSU by 70. How do I know this? Because Miami is the TRUE #1 team in the nation:

Miami beat UF by 24, UF took Tennessee to OT therefore Miami beats Tenn, who beat Bama, therefore Miami beats Bama. Bama beat UGA, therefore Miami beats UGA. UGA beat Tx, therefore Miami beats Tx…

Miami would be the #1 team in the SEC. Miami SHOULD be #1 in the nation.

Publicly, I wouldn’t expect Mario to be anything but respectful to FSU, and stress it’s a rivalry game. He told one of the reporters before the FAMU game it was disrespectful to football to talk about how soon he can put all the backups in. He’s been on the bad side of these games.

Privately, I expect him to have the team highly motivated. This is a rivalry game he played in four times, when the game had national championship implications every season. This game is important for recruiting.

I expect the leadership on this team to remember losing last year, getting their *** beat by 42 points the prior year at home. The offense has a quiet confidence they inherit from Cam so I don’t expect a lot of hooping and hollering.

Just a lot of the Cam celebration.

A fair and balanced assessment.

Still some trauma from years past when we should have easily won games and ultimately didn't. Nothing wrong with anyone saying
" Never forget...".

Logic says we should decimate FSU. However, in today's world there is an incredible amount absolutely insane nonsense. For example, just mosey over to the Town Hall area and poke around...

It's FSU week, and just like every other week, I got my flags flying on my truck all day every day. This morning, I got flipped off by an FSU fan, and I live in SC. Man, they are so jelly!

Advertisement
The same could be said about Florida, USF and Ball State. Florida is very much a rivalry game that they desperately needed and we crushed the **** out of them. They’re also much better than FSU.
Yeah, you aren’t considering first game mistakes, rust etc. I would say the same about UF if we were playing them this week as well. The major point is…overlooking and relaxing against any rival, no matter how beat down they are and how much we should “beat them down” is just plain stupid… this is about all they have left. If they are going to play with nothing to lose..it will be against us and UF.

I generally unplug from here on weekends. After that victory on Saturday, imagine my surprise to come here and find this bull**** as a top thread.

@JHallCanes can you hook OP up with a testosterone boosting ****tail?
I wouldn’t waste precious resources on him

Pretty sure his estrogen has his testosterone receptors covered up like the pink slime from Ghostbusters 2

Advertisement
If are you going to bet this game, I’d take the over before taking Miami -21 or whatever the spread is. Miami honestly might cover the over themselves but the defense is terrible so they might give up a couple scores to FSU.

Yeah, you aren’t considering first game mistakes, rust etc. I would say the same about UF if we were playing them this week as well. The major point is…overlooking and relaxing against any rival, no matter how beat down they are and how much we should “beat them down” is just plain stupid… this is about all they have left. If they are going to play with nothing to lose..it will be against us and UF.
Nobody is suggesting that the team should relax and take it easy. But getting all scared that an absolutely terrible FSU team is going to some how pull off a miracle upset isn’t something I’m going to do. They are the worst offensive team on our schedule and the second worst offense in the entire country. They have a mediocre defense but how well is that defense going to hold up against the country’s best offense? Especially when they know their offense isn’t going to score anywhere near enough to keep pace?

I would be incredibly ****ed/shocked if we don’t win by at least three touchdowns.

Advertisement
Back