The Bank (6/28)

Feel free to cut-and-paste those posts.

It clearly made a difference in this particular recruitment (directly out of his mouth), but I don't think many (reputable) posters have claimed this is the driving factor in all WR recruiting.

I'd like to see us get a QB/recruiting class ambassador early every year.

End.
Post #51 in this exact thread said as much. Im not taking them saying they went somewhere for someone, i take them saying they eliminated Miami because of Judd and Emory. Players go places for other players all the time. 7v7 teammates, high school teammates, recruiting ratings, NIL money, family legacy. Moreover its still June, and im not sure this recruitment is over. So its still left to be seen. As for the players who did sign, 3 top WRs, they came in with Judd who is 3 star. And for good measure Emory Williams the year before, check notes, another 3 star. Thats my actual proof

Advertisement
Post #51 in this exact thread said as much. Im not taking them saying they went somewhere for someone, i take them saying they eliminated Miami because of Judd and Emory. Players go places for other players all the time. 7v7 teammates, high school teammates, recruiting ratings, NIL money, family legacy. Moreover its still June, and im not sure this recruitment is over. So its still left to be seen. As for the players who did sign, 3 top WRs, they came in with Judd who is 3 star. And for good measure Emory Williams they year before, check notes, another 3 star. Thats my actual proof
Lol. This will be interesting to see. @TheOriginalCane are you going to argue against me here when we agree?
Season 5 Murray GIF by ABC Network

Post #51 in this exact thread said as much. Im not taking them saying they went somewhere for someone, i take them saying they eliminated Miami because of Judd and Emory. Players go places for other players all the time. 7v7 teammates, high school teammates, recruiting ratings, NIL money, family legacy. Moreover its still June, and im not sure this recruitment is over. So its still left to be seen. As for the players who did sign, 3 top WRs, they came in with Judd who is 3 star. And for good measure Emory Williams the year before, check notes, another 3 star. Thats my actual proof

You lost all credibility when you cited cway.

You said "yall". Per my Latin teacher, that is second-person plural. You seemed to be complaining about a lot of people telling you the same thing, but if it's only cway, that's not much to be upset over.

All I'm saying is that it has SOME impact. For whatever bizarre reason, some of these kids look at "who is the QB in MY recruiting class", even though the development times for different position players may be completely different. ****, it's possible that a great WR might be GONE before the QB in his recruiting class is ready to play.

Finally, I only brought up the issue to rebut the "all-or-nothing" nature of some people continually banging the drum for "only-Portal" QBs.

I’m not out full moping at all just to be clear. I think guys like Wallace, Scroggins and Buchanan are good additions, and then there’s big fish we’re in a great spot for like Pickett, Stubbs, Seuseu and Iose

I just think there’s a lot riding on the actual season and that recruits are obviously knowledgeable on that, there’s only so much talk you can do without showing results on the field. Playing around with the class calculator, it’s obviously way too early and players will go up and down in ranking…but even adding Pickett, Iose, Stubbs and Seuseu, it’s a fringe Top 15 class. We won’t take too many more guys imo, so depending on how the season goes, we’ll either process dudes out, or we’ll see some de-commitments and scramble for Plan B’s (which were already doing for a fair number of positions).

Hence why with this update (and it changes by the week or month for sure, so take it with a grain of salt), I’m just more cautious now than full-blown, blindly optimistic.
I played with it too and this is BS. If we hit on all the main targets and the guys trending to us a class of 25 hit around 290 score which was good enough for 4th last year. I didn’t “process” any of our current commits when I was playing with the calculator either. If we have a great season and get a “dream” class without processing anybody we are more in the 300 range.

Advertisement
They nor throwing the ball this year for them either
Well, one, we don't know that for sure. Although it appears unlikely, they still have a shot of winning the job after fall camp. Secondly, the point isn't THIS YEAR. It's next year. Why would '25 and '26 WRs commit to play for Miami with QBs like Emory, Judd, Poff Daddy, and Luke on the roster? And the answer as to why would '25 and '26 WRs commit to FSU or UF is because they have young, blue-chip QBs committed. Whether we like it or not, or whether it's good or bad, Miami is going portal shopping for a QB next seasons once Cam leaves.

Well, one, we don't know that for sure. Although it appears unlikely, they still have a shot of winning the job after fall camp. Secondly, the point isn't THIS YEAR. It's next year. Why would '25 and '26 WRs commit to play for Miami with QBs like Emory, Judd, Poff Daddy, and Luke on the roster? And the answer as to why would '25 and '26 WRs commit to FSU or UF is because they have young, blue-chip QBs committed. Whether we like it or not, or whether it's good or bad, Miami is going portal shopping for a QB next seasons once Cam leaves.
You right but they know we'll go portal and same reason USC gets WRs when they go portal each year as well the system

Advertisement
We had one of the best WR classes last cycle with Robinson, Carr and Trader. And this was when we had to sell TVD and Jacurri Brown lol

Advertisement
You lost all credibility when you cited cway.

You said "yall". Per my Latin teacher, that is second-person plural. You seemed to be complaining about a lot of people telling you the same thing, but if it's only cway, that's not much to be upset over.

All I'm saying is that it has SOME impact. For whatever bizarre reason, some of these kids look at "who is the QB in MY recruiting class", even though the development times for different position players may be completely different. ****, it's possible that a great WR might be GONE before the QB in his recruiting class is ready to play.

Finally, I only brought up the issue to rebut the "all-or-nothing" nature of some people continually banging the drum for "only-Portal" QBs.
Its not only Cway. There are others but ill leave it there. I dont think i have seen anyone, literally anyone say we should only portal. Its been a clear message and D$ money has said it numerous times. Recruit highly rated QBs, but dont get into expensive bidding wars for them. Rashada one is laid bare. If they wanna come, give them a good deal, bring them in. If schools start trying to go bag for bag, no, get someone who got the tools, spend the money in the portal. Simple

Advertisement
Its not only Cway. There are others but ill leave it there. I dont think i have seen anyone, literally anyone say we should only portal. Its been a clear message and D$ money has said it numerous times. Recruit highly rated QBs, but dont get into expensive bidding wars for them. Rashada one is laid bare. If they wanna come, give them a good deal, bring them in. If schools start trying to go bag for bag, no, get someone who got the tools, spend the money in the portal. Simple

It's fine, my quarrel is not with you personally, but how people use selective information or binary choices. There are plenty of people who have trumpted "all the recent Heisman QBs are transfers" or constantly post about all the 5-star bust QBs.

But, yeah, we can move on.

I think that the only issue with our last couple of sentences is that each year, these QBs think they have all the power and leverage. And there are always some craptastic teams that roll the dice. Tennessee wasn't much (probation, etc.) when they locked down Iamaleava. Florida HAD TO sign sign Lagway after botching Rashada.

I wonder if he's going to say the same thing when we sign Epenesa & the Center from BG. 🤔
Don’t forget he’s the same dude that did this:

Advertisement
Back