The Bank (6/28)

View as article
Advertisement
It's hard to sell high level WRs on playing with Poff and Emory Williams.

Stop with this bull****. You need a system, you need development.

Right now, a HS senior made a decision based on a true-freshman who has never actually played in a college game, and might not play in 2024.

Lagway is talented. Again, there is a different between talent/projection and production/proof. See, generally, the last blue-chip QB that The Gator signed (for $14M, no less).

Last edited:
Exactly - it doesn't make any sense if you think it through for one second.

Clearly y'all don't read this board, ever.
There are so many on here and across the CFB landscape that are saying Mario is a QB killer (which is idiotic) and we will never recruit good QB's or WR's. This year with Cam will show differently. It has nothing to do with Cam only being here one year.

There are so many on here and across the CFB landscape that are saying Mario is a QB killer (which is idiotic) and we will never recruit good QB's or WR's. This year with Cam will show differently. It has nothing to do with Cam only being here one year.

Facts. Once everyone sees that Mario trusts Dawson to unleash Cam, that will end the negative recruiting storyline. We start using air-raid vertical concepts and have a 2-3 guys over or near 1K receiving yards, look out.

We are not struggling recruiting WRs. They are after 4 top 10 WRs. Right now there are only 3 of the top 15 committed nationwide, last time i looked at it.

If they take players that are borderline and then the season go dynamite then you have a numbers problem, im sure they can circle back on some of these local prospects. Just my feeling on this.

Advertisement
That is a point, but what WR recruits want to see is that Mario will have an explosive offense that gives them plenty of opportunities.

Last year was a taste of it, but then the QB went mental and got hurt for a stretch.

Restrepo and George earning all ACC with erratic QB play was a nice start.
Great. So what happens next year when our QB isn't as prolific as Cam Ward. With the way our QB HS recruiting has been under Cristobal/Dawson, we are going portal every year. What kind of assurance is that for WR recruits? Right now, next season it's Poff Daddy, Judd, Luke, and Emory. These WR recruits will have to trust that Mario and co will land a TOP QB portal every year.

Great. So what happens next year when our QB isn't as prolific as Cam Ward. With the way our QB HS recruiting has been under Cristobal/Dawson, we are going portal every year. What kind of assurance is that for WR recruits? Right now, next season it's Poff Daddy, Judd, Luke, and Emory. These WR recruits will have to trust that Mario and co will land a TOP QB portal every year.
Not even the QB is gonna get assurances. Ohio took Air Noland and had the boi that transferred to Syracuse starting, McCord. They now have 2 top 10 QBs from the last class on their roster, while starting a Kansas St transfer. Whats the chances Sayin and Noland end their careers there? This idea that QBs on roster is driving WR recruiting seems like something yall made up in your head. Texas has no WR committed, whats their excuse?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Not even the QB is gonna get assurances. Ohio took Air Noland and had the boi that transferred to Syracuse starting, McCord. They now have 2 top 10 QBs from 2 classes ago on their roster, while starting a Kansas St transfer. Whats the chances Sayin and Noland end their careers there? This idea that QBs on roster is driving WR recruiting seems like something yall made up in your head. Texas has no WR committed, whats their excuse?
They're ***.

I'm not someone who needs it but this does appear to be a class with a different approach. Not a ton of "whales" that we appear to be after.
have you not learned already.....Mario moves in silence!!!

Also, we're seriously in the mix for the following.....
Elijah Griffin
DJ Pickett
Iosa Epenesa
Jaime Ffrench
Vernell Brown
Gavin Nix

I'd consider those dudes some WHALES

Advertisement
Not even the QB is gonna get assurances. Ohio took Air Noland and had the boi that transferred to Syracuse starting, McCord. They now have 2 top 10 QBs from 2 classes ago on their roster, while starting a Kansas St transfer. Whats the chances Sayin and Noland end their careers there? This idea that QBs on roster is driving WR recruiting seems like something yall made up in your head. Texas has no WR committed, whats their excuse?

Nobody said that having a QB in the same class is "driving" recruiting. But it DOES have an impact, maybe with some recruits more than others. This should not be a binary "all-or-nothing" type of argument.

Recruit the best HS QB you can each year. That doesn't mean you have to offer $14M. This isn't complicated.

After Signing Day...yes, **** happens.

In 2024, The Gator enrolled DJ Lagway. We enrolled Judd Anderson.

I'd like to see us do better. I think it DOES have an impact on WR recruiting, even if it is not the #1 driver of commitments.

And I don't want to roll the dice playing Portal Craps every year.

It's hard to sell high level WRs on playing with Poff and Emory Williams.
Well how did we sell Trader, Carr and Robinson last recruiting season that they should come to UM? That is a 5 star and 2 high 4 stars who chose to come to UM when the only established QB was TVD and the recruited QB was Judd.

If your reasoning is accurate then how/why did those receivers come to UM?

Nobody said that having a QB in the same class is "driving" recruiting. But it DOES have an impact, maybe with some recruits more than others. This should not be a binary "all-or-nothing" type of argument.

Recruit the best HS QB you can each year. That doesn't mean you have to offer $14M. This isn't complicated.

After Signing Day...yes, **** happens.

In 2024, The Gator enrolled DJ Lagway. We enrolled Judd Anderson.

I'd like to see us do better. I think it DOES have an impact on WR recruiting, even if it is not the #1 driver of commitments.

And I don't want to roll the dice playing Portal Craps every year.
Actually yes, people been saying exactly that it is driving WR recruiting. Secondly, yes i would like us to do better in getn highly rated high school QB, Cristobal and Dawson agree. Thats why Judd was supposed to be the 2nd QB to Air Noland, and Emory was supposed to be 2nd QB to Rashada. I simply don't care about high school QB bidding wars. And do not agree that high school WRs are placing that high a value on it. Thats my opinion. And you have yours, that wont change. Mine wont change either....unless i hear a kid say that directly out their mouth.

Advertisement
Well how did we sell Trader, Carr and Robinson last recruiting season that they should come to UM? That is a 5 star and 2 high 4 stars who chose to come to UM when the only established QB was TVD and the recruited QB was Judd.

If your reasoning is accurate then how/why did those receivers come to UM?
Robinson and Trader are the types of kids who'd come to UM no matter what. I have no idea how we landed Carr, especially considering he was visiting during the GT abomination.

Robinson and Trader are the types of kids who'd come to UM no matter what. I have no idea how we landed Carr, especially considering he was visiting during the GT abomination.
They told Carr Judd was coming, he was sold. Jokes a side, how can you say Trader and Chance were always coming when these are the exact kids we been losing for years. Highly rated players attending private schools

Feels like Iowa or UM for Epenesa. We got the last official visit and I'm pretty sure he has been to campus 3 or 4 times unofficially. Edwardsville, Illinois isn't exactly down the road from campus, so the interest is genuine and real when you're visiting on your own dime multiple times. UM hasn't recruited like this nationally under previous coaching staffs. I think Cristobal closes here.
Fong said he’s watching Miami and Utah for Iose. Apparently Utah has a Coach Joe on their staff too that’s close with the family. Said u can never count out Iowa but he’s hearing more buzz on those two schools currently

Actually yes, people been saying exactly that it is driving WR recruiting. Secondly, yes i would like us to do better in getn highly rated high school QB, Cristobal and Dawson agree. Thats why Judd was supposed to be the 2nd QB to Air Noland, and Emory was supposed to be 2nd QB to Rashada. I simply don't care about high school QB bidding wars. And do not agree that high school WRs are placing that high a value on it. Thats my opinion. And you have yours, that wont change. Mine wont change either....unless i hear a kid say that directly out their mouth.

Feel free to cut-and-paste those posts.

It clearly made a difference in this particular recruitment (directly out of his mouth), but I don't think many (reputable) posters have claimed this is the driving factor in all WR recruiting.

I'd like to see us get a QB/recruiting class ambassador early every year.

End.

Advertisement
Back